Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WELL, well, well ..thoughts on gow strings

First of all .. passing through the board and see "newbie"? MYWORLD on Hey wTF LOL Hey babe ..one board not enough? Looking around and tons of deeper people here too. Well hopefully see everyone for this Saturday's MAIN event at SF.

OK AS FOR GLOWSTICKS ... or anything unusual at the club .. here goes ... some people like to go to clubs and stand there and look at other people and do nothing else ... fine do as you please but understand this you are adding nothing to the scene and are only making owners pockets fatter ... others go and dance whether others think they can or can't and enjoy themselves as much as possible, these people add to the vibe .. (some create the VIBE like MYWORLD ..love ya ma!) and then there are others who go out of their way to do different things that can entertain others or at least make the club come a little alive. Now while inconsideration is not accepted (goes not only to glow stick peeps but also those that stand on dance floor doing nothing but taking up space, others that slam into you without even a glance, etc..) THE FACT that some people do things that are different should be encouraged because this is what it's all about! Creating and keeping a vibe is all about doing what you feel inside because of the music. I'm so sick of hearing how things are just not the same, etc.. etc.. and then in the same sentence these same people say ..that is old, and that is played out, and that doesn't belong anymore. Please .. if you think about it what are the differences between then and now? MUSIC? yes .. today it's much better .. sorry old schoolers I love the old stuff (rocketman has special place in my heart) but today's shit is just so much more alive for me .. as should be expected because the more you do it the better you get and these same dj's have been doing it all along. SO WHAT MAKES IT BETTER THEN? THAT it wasn't about just the music but it was about doing WHATEVER you liked and made you feel good. ANYTHING!! Late 80's and early 90's were about DOING YOUR OWN THING. Now people want to everyone to be exactly the same and even though supposedly we are more daring, etc .. you rarely see the different people in clubs anymore. I for one wish that we could go back to when the CLUB was a playground for all of us to do as we pleased.. ANYWAY this shit is too long so I got to stop but just saying to all the people I know that realize that underground is a state of mind .. let's keep it real and keep the real party going whether your lucky enough to be at SF ..or stuck at EXIT (sorry had to hit exit at least once :-)

i can't agree with you more stage, i never really introdued myself, my name is joe. i seen you post a couple times on the other board.

now my opinion. some to most people ennjoy watching people rave in the club. those of you who don;t don;t have to watch. i never invade anyones space. i never even tell people to move. out of all honesty people usually see me with the strings and ask me to spin and form the circle. it is one of my ways of enjoying the music and showing my, if you allow, feeling of the music

not to ramble on but stage you said it all..

.....eaRriNGs.....

Hello Everyone... AS you can see... I'm new to the board... just wanted to insert my 2 cents...

I personally am a glowstick user... I don't see what the problem is... it doesn't really bother anyone else... i'm not WAVING it in your face... (well only if you WANT a lightshow) so i don't see what all the big ruckus is about...

The STRINGS on the other hand... yeah... i can see where you're coming from... it DOES require a lot of room... but DON'T tell me that the first time you saw that... it wasn't THE most awesome thing you've ever seen... just cause YOU'VE seen it... other people like watching... and there's plenty of room for people to go and dance if they don't want to see it... it's just one of those things that you should only do at either the START of the party or at like 6,7 in the morning when just the HARDCORE Ravers are there and there's PLENTY of room anyways... I agree it's the FEW idiots who decide they're gonna do it at like 1 or 2 at the PEAK of the party when there's barely enough room to stand STRAIGHT up that's giving the rest of the "Glow Stick People" a bad name...

And that's my 2 cents... Can I have my change now?

------------------

If YoU'Re GoNNa PaRtY With Me... Be PrePaReD to PaRtY ALL NiGhT!

Yeh nice one stangedancer, it's about the music.. but it's also about the good times..

Some people have a tendancy when they have been in the scence for some time to get snoby. You see it on this board people slatting people becuase they like a certain tune, dont know this or that.. @ the end of the day, it's about fun.

Totally ABSOLUTELY agree!! It is all about individuality and how we express our freedom in the music. We should all dance not because it's trendy thing to do but because it's a way for us to express ourselves . . . glowsticks or no.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

hey VS didn't know you made the rounds here. hit me with e-mail or call before the weekend.

Note to all Junior fans (yes this SF kid still likes Junior too) Ariana has informed me that new album comes out september 26th.

In absolute agreement with u - apart from, possibly, 1 minor thing - about people who don't dance.

I mean, there are people who are still part of the scene, and add to it, but don't spend as much time on the floor..

The bad people are the ones who are drinking round the sides, mostly men trying to grab girls and insult guys... the whole mouthing off, being agressive kind of thing.. i don't like that at all...

People not dancing doesn't bother me though.... but there are good people and bad people whatever.... shame..

DEEPER migrates to the cnyc board . . . breakin the number one deeper rule biggrin.gif . . . but you guys bring up good topics

- just wanted to say "welcome" -

i read the deeper board, but don't post . . . so all your names are familiar . . . biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

[This message has been edited by brandie (edited 08-18-2000).]