Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another important Vinnyl observation

Anyone who says the crowd hasnt changed,for the commercial worst latley is lying to themselves,It has.And through observance Ive noticed that Vinyl regulars or the people that I feel are there for the right reasons and care about Danny the nite and the club employ their ELEMENTS discreetly,responsibly,and wisely,Never have people approached me (ones Ive never seen before)more for drugs than lately,It blew my mind, like "What did you just ask me,and Who are you again???"these people who do not act responsibly should not be tolerated by US!! not only security and Police.I will make it known to those who ruin ot that this is NOT the place for blatant disrespect of any kind.

Guest crystalmethodny

I agree with you wholeheartedly...

Dont ruin it for all because of your carelessness.

If you're going to do it... do it quietly!

(No, I dont do it)

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Not to beat a dead horse but really,if you are coming to the club to get comatose,lie on the couch or stumble around....YOU ARE IN THE WRONG CLUB!!!

If you are coming to score drugs and pay no attention to the man in the Booth...YOU ARE IN THE WRONG CLUB!!

If you are gonna try and get a person of the opposite sex's phone number while they are Feelin it Dancin on the dance floor...

YOU ARE IN THE WRONGG MUUTHAAFFUUKKIINN CLLUUBBB!!

If it aint about the vibe for you,the groove

for you,the...music for you...than GET OUT for me!!!

Guest crystalmethodny

Judy!

Calm down girl!

smile.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

maybe you've heard Danny say this before but it is all about the music, not the person playing the music, he is extremely humble as many people worship him for what he creates and what he does on the decks...yes the crowd has been changing, that's obvious, it's obvious by the increase of people over the last few weeks...and wherever you go there will be drugs, i don't do anything when I'm at Vinyl, I'm not saying I put it down, but if you really love the music, you'd be there sober...no offense intended, the music is my high, it's the only drug you need...if you can't appreciate the music without the drugs you don't deserve to be in the club, regardless if you are a regular or not...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Music is the answer and that is why we love Danny.. Like it was mentioned in another post Danny is the sole reason for going to Vinyl.. The love he gives to us from his turntables is incredible and the heart behind it. It hurt me to see him cry in the booth on Friday and for anyone who didn't feel hurt with him then you shouldn't be there. Now we might not have Vinyl anymore but we will always have Danny and that is one thing they can never take away from us. So be yourself and no one else and yes Vinyl is the answer and it will always be!!! Danny is my drug and he always will be, he is my answer....

One if the reasons that made Vinyl one of the best (if not THE best) clubs in NYC is the vibe that stems from the groove.

Be Yourself, No Attitude and It's all about the music.

Many places try to capture this vibe, masquerading behind this attitude, but we know how phony and contrived it is.

That's what makes Vinyl so special.

It feels like you at a block party; no one is ridiculed, no one starts beef, everyone is welcome.

Of course there will always be a bad element, but the worst os someone looking like they are in a K-Hole.

The reason why this raid is so upsetting is because this is the last of it's kind in NYC. No other place is there such camaradrie and a unified passion for the music.

Sorry to ramble, just sharing my angst.

Peace

------------------

Din Da Da

Not for nothing but there are plenty of "regulars" that I see getting fucked up everytime I'm there. Let's not be naive now - regular or not people are gonna get fucked up regardless of where it is. We'd all prefer that people just solely go for Danny and his music but c'mon now, let's be realistic - that's not gonna happen. Everyone that I go with are regulars and we don't get fucked up. We're there for the right reasons, to get high on DT's music and dance our asses off all night long. What happened on Friday was really messed and I felt really bad for Danny. I've heard some rumors, most of which I heard when I was leaving Vinyl on Friday and how the cops were really checking out the employees for drugs. Now if rumors are true - not only are people from outside bringing shit in ruining Vinyl but so are the Vinyl employees.

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened at Vinyl. Even though I haven't been there yet, I only hear great things about that club. So, I feel for all you true Vinyl heads. frown.gif

Did a lot of patrons get arrested? Is the club closed for good? I mean it can't be closed for good, right?

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

Word!

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said about that whole Friday night fiasco...lets just hope people at Vinyl (and all other NYC clubs in general) are more careful with their party favors so that we can avoid having NYPD shut us down.

Its really a shame about Friday night though, DT was really turning it out...I mean, REALLY turning it out. Its one of those nights where you feel the vibe and the club was filled with happy faces. I'm sure DT will bring it harder next Friday, you can count on that!

Ali

------------------

"Underground will forever baby...we're just like roaches, never dying, always livin'" - The Trancespotters

Originally posted by voice:

True.. Feels GOOOD though! Do ya think I made my point!!

Yo. Word to that. It's happened to all of us. You have your "spot" that you look forward to all week. And then one day you stop and look around and say, "Damn, my club's gone commercial." That's when I stop going. Too bad for you Vinyl heads and Danny.

Johnny Blaze "ain't a damn thing changed"

That club will never be "commercial" because there is no alcohol there and because it isn't a really great space, so it keeps out a lot of the elements that go to say factory or exit...plus the music will never be commercial and that's what those crowds strive for...

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

That club will never be "commercial" because there is no alcohol there and because it isn't a really great space, so it keeps out a lot of the elements that go to say factory or exit...plus the music will never be commercial and that's what those crowds strive for...

Maybe, but watch out. I agree about the music. Danny's definitely not commercial. But such a good party is bound to get commercial.

I've noticed the change. People I know that go now never used to go.

Blaze

You are right, the regular Vinyl heads get messed up to, but in a very discreet matter. They aren't walking aroung and asking everyone and anyone for drugs. That is what has been happening for the past few weeks. Do what you want just keep it out of the publics view. Just remember one thing, Be Yourself on Fridays is the last and only true party NYC has and let us try to keep it that way. Not just for us but the man who makes it happen and that man is DT... He loves to see us feel and groove to his music, that is his high and mine. The raids are not going to stop and nor will the music...

Are you telling me that being in a k-hole is being discreet? I've seen people shove shit up there nose and that's being discreet?! I've seen people (regulars or not) purchase and swallow pills right in front of me. It's not a regular or not a regular thing. EVERYONE who gets fucked up should be smart and discreet about it or just don't do it at all.

Johnny a lot of people are only now finding out about this party, many people still do not know that he plays there on Fridays every week, it's been somewhat of a secret for quite a while only in recent weeks has it really started to get packed packed in...i don't call that commercial though, commercial is when you have 95% of your crowd wearing the same clothes that were IN 3 years ago...Commercial is playing music that can be heard on KTU at 8pm at night...Commercial is 95% of your crowd having the same hair cut, tattoos and earings...Commercial is 80% of your crowd being b&t, and not ethnically diverse...

You find none of those elements at Vinyl...

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Johnny a lot of people are only now finding out about this party, many people still do not know that he plays there on Fridays every week, it's been somewhat of a secret for quite a while only in recent weeks has it really started to get packed packed in...i don't call that commercial though, commercial is when you have 95% of your crowd wearing the same clothes that were IN 3 years ago...Commercial is playing music that can be heard on KTU at 8pm at night...Commercial is 95% of your crowd having the same hair cut, tattoos and earings...Commercial is 80% of your crowd being b&t, and not ethnically diverse...

You find none of those elements at Vinyl...

Good remarks. Now go fuck yourself!!!

Just kidding

Blaze

WORD its about the music!!!! It will never be commercial.