Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drai's Afterhours... What the hell?

leftymo

it would be $40 to $50 anyway and that's if you can get past the ropes without having to palm someone a $20 or use a VIP host which obviously costs $$$ too. its actually not a bad price to guarantee quick entry on a holiday weekend.

Drais is ridiculously packed on all holiday weekends, so they can charge whatever they want, and people will pay. Im surprised to see Dubfire is playin Drais, as there really isnt a sound system there, and they've never really booked anybody there. Im curious to see how it will turn out.

Jet is definitely a good price for Tiesto that weekend, and i know they did that on purpose...they had started the 1st group of tix at $50 which was a great deal. And on Monday, you get into Jet + 3400 with the same ticket.

One of the absolute biggest names in house music will be playing Drai's next weekend, hence the big cover. Not sure if the artist has been publicly announced so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything. :)

Yes, dubfire has been announced.

and 75.00 is enough for me not to attend this event.

And no, its not remotely reasonable. With a shitty sound system, and it being after hours on Labor Day Weekend no less.

Tiesto is 75.00 prime hours and he's by far the superstar headliner.

Just for comparison. Giant Maximus with three stages and Tiesto already confirmed with other major headliners for New Years Eve is 75.00.

It's not WMC, It's not New Years, there's no megalineup, and the system sucks for 75? lol. Is a BJ included for every admission?

lol.

Festivals with multiple headliners are almost always cheaper than club dates with a single headliner. And a single headliner at a mega-clubs will always be cheaper than the same headliner at an intimate club. Especially an intimate club in Vegas. On a holiday weekend.

Whether or not Dubfire at Drai's is worth $75 is in the eye of the beholder. I greatly prefer an intimate club to a mega-club, even if it's a big drop in sound quality. I also prefer afterhours to primetime.

IMO it's ridiculous to pay $75 for Tiesto at Jet, especially since he'll play for 2 hours at most and his set will basically be his latest CD set. Fortunately Faarsheed will be on hand to blow the crowd away, just like he did the last time he opened (and closed) for Tiesto.

What's truly ridiculous is bitching about cost of mega-headliners in Vegas. Really want to save money? Go catch Tiesto when he's in a place like Utah on a Tuesday for $17 per ticket.

struck a nerve there did i?

lol. intimate? I'm flying from new york, and I guarentee you there isn't a club in the country that tops cielo for electronic & intimate.

There's a reason why it keeps winning best club at the dance awards in WMC.

And no Roger Sanchez, or Desyn, even Sasha do not charge more for the intimate setting environment. And the sound there is probably better than anywhere I've ever heard.

Almost everything you wrote about expenses was dead wrong. Major festivals cheaper than single headliners? Lol. Most are 20-40 for a single headliner, festivals are always 50-75... check ultra's prices with single club nights.

intimate more expensive than large rooms? depends who's spinning, and where you are. From my experience they are about the same. (in new york, miami, los angeles, las vegas, boston & DC).

greenie, just go to sullivan room or cielo once. they'll never charge 75, and you'll get intimate feel with a superior sound system. Of course those are the venues that also throw BT, Sasha, and Ferry Corsten for free.

Once again I will repeat that in this forum we're talking about PRICES IN LAS VEGAS. Doesn't matter what it costs to see which DJs anywhere else. Fact is that costs in Vegas are set in the same way as they are set everywhere: based on what the market is willing to spend.

But so long as we're flying off topic... :)

I worked in the industry for 7 years in Boston. Smaller venues always charged more when booking the same DJs as the bigger ones. That's largely because when playing outside of their residencies, many major DJs set their minimum fees independently of venue size.

Never been to Sullivan Room but I've been to Cielo. A number of times. By far my favorite spot in NY and I'll agree, that's one of the most intimate places I've been to anywhere in the world. But I won't agree that it's it's some kind of magically affordable place. My expenses there have been just as high as they are for any club in Vegas. Perhaps because I'm an outsider. I once had pre-sale in hand for Nick Warren ($25-30, I think), but even arriving early and solo, it was made clear to me by the door that an extra $50 would be required for entry.

Not saying that the same thing won't happen at Drai's or any other spot this weekend. If you don't arrive to the venues VERY early, good luck to anyone getting in to Rehab, Jet, Tao, Drai's or any other spot without spending more than what you were already charged for presale.

Funny that you've mentioned WMC a few times now. And you think price gouging in Vegas is bad? Haha.

Ya bro, Vegas doesnt compare to other places, especially on holiday weekends. People tip $200 p/head to get into Drais and other places in Vegas on a holiday weekend, and places like Drais have never booked any headliners before, that tip was just to get in. Its not about the djs in Vegas, its all hype, and its so overbooked everywhere, that Greenie is right, you'd be lucky to get in anywhere with just your pre-sale ticket. In comparison to what people had to tip to get into Drais on most holiday weekends (especially back in the day), $75 to see a headliner in there on Labor Day Wknd is fairly cheap. Im not a fan of Drais usually because of the lack of sound system & lighting (unless Chris Garcia is playing), but I know people pay like crazy to get into that place. And being intimate they can charge much more because the place is so small, there's always a sea of people outside throwing money at the doormen to get in. Then they pay another 10g's for a table inside. Vegas is its own little world....cant compare it to any other city in the world.

Ah i c...

Well, I found a reduced Drai's list, so its now in my price range for value...

as for WMC. I've never had problems throwing down money for the conference, b/c you get a lot more bang for your buck. It comes down to that moreso than anything else.

I'm not paying 100,000 for a pinto no matter where it is. Not saying Drai's or Dubfire are a pinto, but you get the point.

On another message board someone is shocked that its 75 for rehab. That i can understand, its 9 hours, massive pool party with multiple headliners...

As for greasing the bouncers, that's not part of the club cost, that's just a way for you to get in sooner.

One of the absolute biggest names in house music will be playing Drai's next weekend, hence the big cover. Not sure if the artist has been publicly announced so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything. :)

Huh? Who else is playing at Drai's besides dubfire??