Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm gonna get hell for this...

but I want to give my opinion too.

There are many (not all) of you on this board who rant and rave about which clubs "suck" and which djs "made" the scene what it is.

You debate what constitutes good music and compare different crowds as if they even WANT to be put in the same league. Most of you seem to find a common enemy in "guidos" "B&T" people and "juiceheads."

Perhaps you don't agree with their tastes or appreciate their company- but if you talk to a few of them- yes many of them are sober and comprehensive- you'll undoubtedly hear them whine and b*tch about all the "Eurotrash Music Lovers" who sit in clubs complaining about dj's who can't mix, the constant "trainwrecks" and the "clarity" of the soundsystem.

ALL of you are wasting your energy if you ask me.

Maybe it's because I am "young" and "naive," but I really do manage to have fun at almost every club I go to- and I've been to all types. I make SURE I have fun... whether it be with the tourists or new yorkers or the ravers or guidos... otherwise it's just a waste of my $ and time.

If you don't enjoy a particular scene/venue then don't return... simple as that... but please don't lean against a wall or bar with a pout on your face complaining. Put your energy into having fun and posting the positive stuff on the board so that way others can come to appreciate and enjoy the same things you do. No use knocking others opinions... it gets you nowhere. Your youth is too short to waste whining.

Just my $0.02.

---Live long... Die young...

[This message has been edited by ibelong2thenight (edited 08-22-2000).]

VERY nice speech!! Nicely put!! But yea, you're right you might get hell from some people.

Can't please everyone, so make sure you please yourself!! biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

Great point. It seems so many people today are quick to bitch and slow to do something positive to fix what they are bitching about. It's so much easier to be a whiner.

Good to see someone "young" with such a great positive attitude toward going out. It really is all about having a great time, and sending that energy out to create a great vibe.

your post wasn't very insulting. The way you wrote it would only offend those who insult DJ's/Crowds at clubs. Since everyone likes to claim that everyone but them is being childish by arguing over DJ's, no one could act offended by your post, since it would mean admitting that they are in the group of people who complain about DJ's and clubs.

If you want to catch a lot of crap, you should say something like:

Jonathan Peters sucks goats. I heard he is leaving SF because he got a million dollar deal to tour with the Hanson brothers.

Then you will hear it...

Nice speech Ibelong2thenight. Very positive too. I've been guilty of ppl bashing before, but like you say, its not necessary at all - to each their own (btw, I've been trying to avoid doing that as much as possible). I don't see why ANYONE should get insulted by your post.

BTW, how "young" are you?? smile.gif

Of course, the #1 reason to go out to a club (or anywhere) is to have a good time. BUT...there are a lot of people who are into the technical aspects of a DJ and a club. Why shouldn't they voice their opinion about it? There will always be people who want to discuss topics like that. Your doing exactly what you argued against in your post. If you don't like the topic, don't read it or respond to it. Simple as that.

well put...

Originally posted by ibelong2thenight:

but I want to give my opinion too.

There are many (not all) of you on this board who rant and rave about which clubs "suck" and which djs "made" the scene what it is.

You debate what constitutes good music and compare different crowds as if they even WANT to be put in the same league. Most of you seem to find a common enemy in "guidos" "B&T" people and "juiceheads."

Perhaps you don't agree with their tastes or appreciate their company- but if you talk to a few of them- yes many of them are sober and comprehensive- you'll undoubtedly hear them whine and b*tch about all the "Eurotrash Music Lovers" who sit in clubs complaining about dj's who can't mix, the constant "trainwrecks" and the "clarity" of the soundsystem.

ALL of you are wasting your energy if you ask me.

Maybe it's because I am "young" and "naive," but I really do manage to have fun at almost every club I go to- and I've been to all types. I make SURE I have fun... whether it be with the tourists or new yorkers or the ravers or guidos... otherwise it's just a waste of my $ and time.

If you don't enjoy a particular scene/venue then don't return... simple as that... but please don't lean against a wall or bar with a pout on your face complaining. Put your energy into having fun and posting the positive stuff on the board so that way others can come to appreciate and enjoy the same things you do. No use knocking others opinions... it gets you nowhere. Your youth is too short to waste whining.

Just my $0.02.

---Live long... Die young...

[This message has been edited by ibelong2thenight (edited 08-22-2000).]

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

Word. This DJ/club bashing has to simmer down. What ever floats your boat and keeps you afloat.

Taste is subjective and opinions are like assholes, we all got one and we think it doesn't stink.

These guys have all worked hard to get where they are at and I am sure that they would take it personaly. No need for that at all.

cheers

parish