Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The worst promoters In NYc 2007

rbert

Nyc city needs a big shake up in the nightlifescene. Look at Vegas and MIami there scenes way better. NYc has talented Dj but they dont have world class venues to spin at. I like Pacha but its not big enough.

Don't be fooled about Miami. We have 8,463,936,499,367 venues all playing the same rubbish. There are a few desperate and washed up djs that play all these venues and they all rotate on shifts, it seems. None of them are too phenomenal... they get the gigs because they have faux-friends in low (and shady) places. The term "open format" is thrown around by the "big-wig" promoters so they can justify paying pennies to djs that don't really know how to beatmatch.

Then there's the Miami minimal movement... boys with funny haircuts (they try to look like Ritchie, Ricardo or whatever the Berlin flavor of the week is) that go out in groups to listen to noises that they can hear at home by turning on their Atari or Game Boy.

Then there are the cocaine addicts and meth nymphos that fall asleep if they aren't listening to the same 7,394,639 remixes of those same 8 "Miami electro house" mp3s on some patio every week.

How can NYC compare? You people just live in a city where there's 14 million of you with incredibly varied tastes. You have 987,403 parties to choose from all week long. :D

Don't be fooled about Miami. We have 8,463,936,499,367 venues all playing the same rubbish. There are a few desperate and washed up djs that play all these venues and they all rotate on shifts, it seems. None of them are too phenomenal... they get the gigs because they have faux-friends in low (and shady) places. The term "open format" is thrown around by the "big-wig" promoters so they can justify paying pennies to djs that don't really know how to beatmatch.

Then there's the Miami minimal movement... boys with funny haircuts (they try to look like Ritchie, Ricardo or whatever the Berlin flavor of the week is) that go out in groups to listen to noises that they can hear at home by turning on their Atari or Game Boy.

Then there are the cocaine addicts and meth nymphos that fall asleep if they aren't listening to the same 7,394,639 remixes of those same 8 "Miami electro house" mp3s on some patio every week.

How can NYC compare? You people just live in a city where there's 14 million of you with incredibly varied tastes. You have 987,403 parties to choose from all week long. :D

i heard a lot of bad things about Miami lately. A lot of hip hop and cheesy electro. A friend told me lately when big names come they seem to tone the music down a bit. WTF. Ill never "tone it down" i bang out the music i like and keep the crowd going. Its a shame I am actually considering not going to Miami this year after Thanksgiving because Im not going out to hear shitty hip hop or electro. its just all crap if you ask me.

BTW best promoter in NYC is Bradley Rose.

i heard a lot of bad things about Miami lately. A lot of hip hop and cheesy electro. A friend told me lately when big names come they seem to tone the music down a bit. WTF. Ill never "tone it down" i bang out the music i like and keep the crowd going. Its a shame I am actually considering not going to Miami this year after Thanksgiving because Im not going out to hear shitty hip hop or electro. its just all crap if you ask me.

BTW best promoter in NYC is Bradley Rose.

yh that party @ rebel is SLAMMIN BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!