Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do you guys talk about drugs here?

Do you people not realize you draw more attention to yourselves and the clubs you go to??? Do you not think that maybe for some odd reason the NYPD might not check out these web sites. I am not putting anyone down who uses drugs but be discreet and talk about it at home, on the phone or whever and don't ruin the scene for everyone. The raids will not stop but the parties can. Don't let politicians take this away. Getting angry and telling them to go f**k themselves just adds fuel to the fire. Use better judgement b4 you say things about drugs or the raids. What happens at these clubs involving drugs is illegal and the NYPD has to act. If you are a butcher you cut meat, you are a garbage man you pick up garbage... Get it.. Sorry for such a long post but hey use common sense....

Uhhhh drugs are everywhere. They are in big cities and small rural towns. Its obvious they are in city clubs and also in peoples homes. Drugs are apart of the scene so it figures they will be discussed

------------------

~*~* Women beat their men~*~*~The men beat on their drums~*~*

i do not cower in my home in a country that promised my immigrating great-grandparents freedom. i will stand here and say FUCK THE PIGS! if anyone takes personal offense to it, they should stop thinking of themselves as "the pigs."

my people were politically and religiously persecuted in the old world by the elitist systems that controlled them. i have no desire to sit here and worry that anyone might be listening to me talk about things that are part of a sub- or counter- culture in america. without an open speech forum such as this, our society will never grow. it is good to talk about drugs, espicially if you are a college graduate, computer scientist, former party animal who is living, productive proof that drug use does not ruin everyone's life.

btw, in case you think i'm talking shit, i'm not. i'm not afraid. i'd rather be followed, haraased, and even imprisoned for my beliefs than hide them. my real name and address is on file with the Club Planet web site, so i'm sure that anyone who sees me as a threat to our great republic can find me. i'm not trying to challenge anyone, i just feel that we have all earned the right to at least *say* what they want.

------------------

i love music!

*hiding head*

you STOP that.

my virgin ears, let's have a lil respect here!!!! oh NO.

i'm sure the nypd checks the Cnyc board to plot the next raid . . . just like they check the farm reports for when to raid in nebraska. rolleyes.gif

in case you didn't notice, we are being monitored in everything we do . . . on the computer . . . when we're driving, etc. The more hush-hush you try to be, the worse it us.

rolleyes.gif people will always say what they want to . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

Hey everyone I just got a shipment of triple stacked mitsubishi's in on a flight from Amsterdam the other day. I am going to be selling them tomorrow night in front of Madison Square Garden.

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

That is that exact attitude that gets us in trouble. You are giving what they want. There is a way to fight the system but not telling to go fuck itself. What does that solve. Absolutely nothing. You really don't get the point. Drugs will always be out there and they know that. They can't stop it completely but they can stop the clubs. The whole point is by talking about the clubs and the drugs in them you draw more attention to the clubs.... Do you talk about the drugs you use say with your parents.. Probably not for those of you who live at home. Do you let everyone know of your dirty laundry to.. The scene is the scene and it should stay there. Maybe some of you are new to it and this is why you act this way, I don't know. Just remember they can stop the clubs that you enjoy so much....

You can talk about drugs and the effects they do and how bad they are or how good they are, it is freedom of speech and it is something I apreciate a lot in the US.

I my country, France, you are not allowed to speak publicly about drugs because it can be considered as promotion of drug use wich is not allowed. (There was several case recently of people acting for grass decriminilisation who got busted and sent to jail) (Even with this kind of law, I still feel more free in France than what I feel in the US. I may explain why in another post but it is off topic here)

However, talking about the drugs you took at Exit, SF, Twilo, Tunnel or Vinyl maybe freedom of speech but it is also pointing your finger to those clubs as drug supliers.

I'm not an angel regarding drugs (in the US, I am -almost- one though) but I've always tried to not interfere with other people fun with the drugs I used.

It's a sad fact that there is a crasy war vs drugs in the US but you have to live with it.

I believe, that alas, Vinyl raid was long over due, there haven't been one for years (and the one in March was because someone inside the clubs call the cops for some problems instead of talking to the security so it doesn't count) The community board of Tribeca has been pushing a lot to close down Vinyl for quite a few time already. Several personalities have been known to promote the closing of the club (including Robert De Niro, whose daughter go to Vinyl every weeks)

It may be not related with the raid though.

Also, there have been a lots of posts of people who've been to Vinyl for the first time or not in a long time and talking about the drugs they used over there. It could be related with the raid too.

You can talk shit about whatever you want but I hate to see you talking about my church like a drug market (Vinyl is my church) I hate to see people not taking any care of my church and get fucked up in it. I hate that someone was busted with drugs at Vinyl Friday. If you take drugs, do it outside before you get in and fuck the dealers! I don't really care about the mainstream clubs like Twilo, Exit or Sound Factory but some people do and you should respect it too.

You think that what you do with your body concerns only you, I think the same thing but some people think that it is the fault of the place where you do it, so do it outside!

I'm against the advertising the police commissioner or the mayor are doing with club busts but they are doing it anyway. You have to live with it.

That was my $0.02.

Plur,

-Joël S.

Originally posted by apotheosis:

sirdante:

I bow to you and your fine words spoken.

thanks. you're probably the first person to ever refer to "FUCK THE PIGS" as "fine words." lol.

actally, i thought of something else i wanted to say. when i said (above) "we have earned the right to at least say what we want," i meant "we" as in all americans. from the poorest to the most elite, we have all gone through some real shit together. i for one have no fear of the stupid things-- "stupid things" being what the tv news is always trying to get me to fear. after all what is fear compared to the sacrifice my grandfather made landing on normandy beach?!? if some pigs want to strip the greatest generation's grandchildren of hard won, essential freedoms, then we are truely pathetic if we simply allow it to happen.

btw-- i see the other point about giving the impression that vinyl and the other clubs are drug dens. however, referring to drug use in techno-clubs is about as insightful and informative as saying the sun makes the day bright.

------------------

i love music!

My Uncle is a COP, My Aunt is, and so are some of my cousins but you know what......FUCK THE PIGS!

They are sooo corrupt themselves that its not even funny. When youre related to cops, you hear the stories of what goes on and half of them should be locked up themselves. Sometimes the police need to take a look at themselves and lock their own up before looking at us....

------------------

~*~* Women beat their men~*~*~The men beat on their drums~*~*

I do agree with the fact that we do not need to get so specific with where, when and who we do drugs with, but drugs are a large part of people's clubbing experiences, at least more so now than before. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but drugs do know play a major role in this sub-culture. I also firmly believe that discussing it, without naming clubs, or people, and describing the entire experience is possible and important to hear about. We can learn, educate and help each other on this chat. I enjoy reading people's clubbing experiences, with or without drugs, but I sometimes cringe when I hear the specifics, like somebody taking pills in the bathroom at twilo, or whatever. That simply makes the cops job easy. Could you imagine if a club was shut-down because of a tip a cop read on this chat about someone selling or using in a certain spot in a club?? Bottom line: Continue to discuss, but for what you deem relevant. (that could be dangerous!) Not for bragging rights or to put down others...just be careful when talking about it, thats all. peace y'all

Originally posted by koki11:

I thank you guys for realizing the point I was trying to get across. So just think b4 you type. Talk about it if ya want just don't mention the clubs.

I don't talk about drugs. I talk about p00h.

------------------

"Newsense & p00h both like little boys"