Clubplanet Nightlife Community

another screwy TuNnEL review! READ! (long)

god, it's 7 pm, i just woke up from staying out last night until 10 am! the TUNNEL was tight, i knew it was going to be jam packed, and it was still going strong at 7 am! that was such a surprise! eek.gif

anyway, here is my review, i have to apologize first to everyone for not meeting up, b/c at the time the meetup was set, my friend got busted for SMOKING TREES inside the Tunnel. and he then got kicked out, but we were worried he was getting arrested b/c he also had other shit on him, too.

the Tunnel now has video cameras all over the place-- be careful! The patdown at the entrance is a JOKE, and we knew that was kinda shady. Didn't see as many security guards as there used to be roaming around inside; another shady sign. alright? smile.gif

now, luckily, i did get a chance to meet some of you guys! i guess the purple wig made me easy to spot; but just wanted to say whats up to

• apothesis! it was cool talkin/dancin to you, sorry i couldn't stick around too much, Eugene was kinda fuct up! things worked out with my friend, which was cool. you are a funny guy yo! smile.gif
  • glowdancer, girl, you are so cute! i was glad i had a chance to dance and stuff with you upstairs! i'm glad you grabbed me when you saw me! hope you had a good night.
    and
  • Chelle31. i didn't get a chance to talk to you much, but thanks for saying hi, girl! as soon as you left upstairs, glowdancer and apoth were both dancin too! well hopefully i will get a chance to see you again soon!

so anyway, i got there at around 2 am, and the line was down the block! a really mixed group of people, the range of age/race/ravers/muscleheads/clubbers/old timers/thugs/etc was a good mix. didn't see as much ravers/queens/clubkids as expected; but they were still in the mix.

the shitty part was that they upped the price to $30, closed <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guestlists</A> early, and you could only get $5 off with some ticket. assholes.

steven zor sucked ass! he really needs to learn how to mix, and choose better music. he was playing shit like Oompa Loompa, we all love that song right?

JV was pretty good; in the beginning, his CD started to skip for a LONG time, which was really annoying. he played trance in the beginning, like Olive's "You're not alone" and Elastique Culture's "U". After he started to spin, my friend got busted so I didn't really pay attention anymore.

russ reign definitely held shit up at the room upstairs, it was packed until 6 am, when we all got kicked out of there. the chicago hardhouse was bangin!

well, this initial party was beyond my expectations, let's just hope that this party actually keeps up this crowd. will i head back? definitely, but i don't think i will be a tunnel rat again, goin every weekend. but i will still choose Tunnel over Exit. smile.gif

god, there is so many other observations i made about the "new" Tunnel, but i think i am going to pass out. i had some TIGHT pills (zorro and 8 1/2 combined), i haven't peaked like that in ages!

good night.. sleep.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Guest clubkid77

I got 86'd

I was sittin in my booth and an unfortunate situation occured... Hopefully ill be able to get back in again to spin.

Guest crystalmethodny

Myself and Brandie were there, looking for you people at the meetup time.

Guess no one showed. :P

You missed two more cuties.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Hey guys. Sorry I missed the meetup.

The music upstairs kicked ass. The main floor was ok. Vicious blew the place up for the first half hour but after that it got kind of melow I thought. GOt there @1 and only stayed until 5 or so.

It was fun and I'm glad I gave the tunnel a second chance but I won't be there on a regular basis. We saw a terrible incident occur outside on our way back to the car and it bummed us out so bad it almost ruined our nite. But we listened to some progressive on the way home and slowly pulled ourselves out of the darkness...the music leads the way.

So I was at Tunnel... only my second time there... and it was 10 times better than the first. The music was awesome...best sound system I have ever heard... felt like I was tripping even though I wasnt for the first half the night... I danced for a solid 4 hours straight.

Yeah it was packed, but once I really knew my way around, it was easy to avoid the mobs. Got there around 12:30... got asked 20 questions at the door but got in and got to use a list. Stayed till 7:45.

Who was the girl who mentioned a blue wig cause I saw her toward the end of the night. I was wearing a silver tube top black capris and platform shoes have dark brown hair and am sorta tall... was with a mixed group of kids- an asian couple, two greek guys, a freaky raver, and three typical clubchicks.

Overall the crowd was decent. Some VERY DIRTY people though- fuck I saw this guy take a piss on the middle of the dance floor. My friend and I bugged and bolted to the bathroom. Lots of puke around which was a big turnoff. But I met some very cool good looking people too. Overall, I liked the mix- ravers,club kids,asians, a few guidos and a few clean cut, well dressed guys (could've used alot more of those.) Could've been spared a few of the passed out kids on the couches and some of the sleezy let-me-rape you-as-you-pass guys... Me and this guy I was with ended up sorta taking care of this poor kid who was on something like 8 pills... stupid... I can never just leave someone like that... thankfully his friends occassionally checked up on him.

As for security, my friends halfway threw the night decided they wanted to stay till dawn and put me on the mission of finding a dealer inside cause I was a girl. Took me awhile but I got good pills from a guy I felt I could trust. NEVER will I do that again! I turned down the first guy I found- tooooo shady. Undercovers were crawling all over too.

Well all in all I'd consider going back.

[This message has been edited by ibelong2thenight (edited 08-21-2000).]

i had a great time saturday nite... went to meet up with u guys, but i didnt see any1 there... glad i got to meet u kitty... i couldnt miss the wig! hehe. as for whether or not the tunnel is back, i think i have to wait a while and see. i got there early, around 12:30 or so, went in thru the kurfew line... security at the door was a joke, but the bouncers inside were a pain in the ass. i was surprised at the amount of people who stuck it out till the morning, that was cool. jv was pretty good in the beginning... didnt like him as much later on. but ill definitely be going back when i get a chance.

i walked around for about a hour or 2 heard nothing to exciting, iduno what happenend but around 4- 6 jv decided to stop the msuic for about a couple of minutes and play like a small skit in between before he stopped some noise came out idunno i was spacing out (of sleep deprevation) upstares was pretty nice music =) it looked a bit stuffy and dirty arg arg arg haha my first time at tunnel not much of a good experience but a experience =)

alamo <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://alamohq.com" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://alamohq.com</A>

[This message has been edited by alamo (edited 08-21-2000).]

i was at the meet up spot at didnt see anyone that looked like they were meeting up.me and my friend chilled there for a half hour.still no one.disapointed.o well jv was on point except for the skipping of "u use to hold me"--u-u-u-u-u-us-us-us-use-use-use-t-t-t-t-t-ta-ta--ta-ta-ta-ta-ho-ho-h-ho-hold-hold-hold-me-me-me-me-me-me-me.and what was up with that noise that came out of the speaker at one point???----rollo

------------------

music...makes the people....come together

rollo, i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to meet up with you! i was butt ass nervous about my friend. for reals, it was also too fuckin packed to move anywhere.. next time let's choose a not so crowded spot! smile.gif

clubkid77, keep it tight! i am sorry to hear that you had to deal with that shit, but you could always take this as a cue for you to move on to bigger and better things. good luck, keep us posted.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

BANNED FROM THE CLUB 4 GOOD!....But I am sure U can still get in...If they didnt take yer picture u are straight....Dont WoRRy...MikeMc.

------------------

STRENGTH GUEST LIST

Tunnel Friday,Saturday...

For Reduced Admission or Comps call (201)-883-4242 or (201)-488-5305

Guest crystalmethodny

Glowdancer:

We'll take a rain check wink.gif

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

thanks eggmok for holdin it down, this fuckin computer!

ibelong2thenight, i was wearing a purple wig, i was chillin in the upstairs room from 4-6 am.. sorry i didn't catch you!

crystalmeth and brandie, i am sorry i didn't catch you 2 either! i was lookin forward to meeting as many clubnyc heads as possible!

so do you guys think the tunnel is back? i still want to give it more time before i can say. but still had a dope night! but goddamnit, it was so hot in there. the wig didn't help much either. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

ibelong, by any chance were you with a tall asian guy?

and were you chilling by the speakers next to the stairs on the main dance floor?

i think i saw you, and that asian guy said hello to me, bc i see him in exit all the time.

maybe you remember me. i was wearing a bright pink shirt that wrapped around and black pants with two holes.(if you remember this outfit it was def me)

crytal, true i missed out on meeting two more cuties, but you missed out on meeting 3!