Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm sorry LOUDNESS

I didn't realize you had been to Europe and knew so much about music. Wow you mean you've heard real live Euro. DJ's? Could you please start your own board and post interesting facts about these guys so we can all learn about them? I wish these guys would come to the US, maybe Twilo, I heard that place is nice. Then we could all know as much as you and start to hate JP and love them. Wow. I'm starting to save now so I can go to Europe and hear these guys for myself first hand. Your the MAN.

wtf is the deal with europe anyway, whats with all these kids obsessing over europe music and there djs. Granted alot of the music is good but, just not my cup of tea.

who can listen to trance for hours anyhow? maybe in a car ride for a long time but in a club no thanks. New York is known for there dark hard house, why take that away from us.

I am tired of this topic.

next topic....

Originally posted by stagedancer:

I didn't realize you had been to Europe and knew so much about music. Wow you mean you've heard real live Euro. DJ's? Could you please start your own board and post interesting facts about these guys so we can all learn about them? I wish these guys would come to the US, maybe Twilo, I heard that place is nice. Then we could all know as much as you and start to hate JP and love them. Wow. I'm starting to save now so I can go to Europe and hear these guys for myself first hand. Your the MAN.

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

yeah all european music is trance, and NY is known for good hard house! and I'm the pope so bow down.

NY is known for whats called NYCheese. and if you had a clue u'd know european producers are not even into that epic trance anymore. the 'european' craze everyone's raving about ranges from hard house to trance to progressive. if you had a clue, stagedancer, u'd know CC is the king of hard house. way to generalize everything, and still have a heartattack when someone generalizes the factory or jp's style. fuckin ignorance must be bliss cuz u revel in it. and dont bother replying with your standard reply of 'lemme see you at the factory talkin that shit' cuz i wont dignify...

------------------

Just Say DRAMA @the door for Reduced...

Some thoughts...

Is 'dance' culture the domininant youth culture in New York & the USA?

No

Is it in a lot of countries in Europe?

Yes

eg Love Parade in Berlin.....1 MILLION ppl partying in the streets

& do you think Ibiza could be an island floating off Florida or California?

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

you know what i was gonna reply with a long statement but your really not worth the time nor the effort.

you see it one way i see it another.

Fair is fair.

and about the ignorance comment, well you were the one saying how carl cox is THE KING OF HARD HOUSE. bro get a grip...

Originally posted by p00h:

yeah all european music is trance, and NY is known for good hard house! and I'm the pope so bow down.

NY is known for whats called NYCheese. and if you had a clue u'd know european producers are not even into that epic trance anymore. the 'european' craze everyone's raving about ranges from hard house to trance to progressive. if you had a clue, stagedancer, u'd know CC is the king of hard house. way to generalize everything, and still have a heartattack when someone generalizes the factory or jp's style. fuckin ignorance must be bliss cuz u revel in it. and dont bother replying with your standard reply of 'lemme see you at the factory talkin that shit' cuz i wont dignify...

------------------

Hey idiot read my post. i didn't write anything generalizing euro.usic as trance or anything like that. So read first and respond to me, when your ready to talk about what I wrote. moron. B/t/w . I'm glad it matters to you if I like C.C or not. Didn't realize not only that my balls where on your chin but that I was on your mind too.

P00h p00h, shut the fuck up already you dumb asshole. Thank you.

Anyone named after shit shouldn't even be allowed to have an opinion.

stage i haven't heard that line in so long...lol....good one

.....eaRriNGs.....

ps.hasn't anyone learned from rodney king??? can't we all just get along???LoL

------------------

dON't reGRet lATeR wHat YOu dIDN't dO nOw, dO EVEryThINg anD dOn'T REgREt a dAmN tHInG!!!

Ummmm . . . I don't want you guys to start kicking the shit out of me or anything cause . . . well . . I'M A GIRL!! biggrin.gif

However, there is just one correction I believe that needs to be made is that pOOH is right when he said that Euro DJs don't even play trance anymore. That whole Euro Trance thing is actually being played here cause New York at the moment is a step behind what's going on in Europe. Euro DJs are moving into that Dark and Hard House, Tech-House, Garage ect. Even a DJ that's known to play fluffy music such as PVD and Tiesto is now playing more break beat and techy music.

So, scamble360, when you're referring to Euro trance I'm asumming it's what you're listening to or hearing here NOW, however it's not what's playing there. Just thought I'd clear that up.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

Originally posted by blueangel:

So, scamble360, when you're referring to Euro trance I'm asumming it's what you're listening to or hearing here NOW, however it's not what's playing there. Just thought I'd clear that up.

He's listening to the light fluffy trance now because like most of the "Factory Heads" he's a few steps behind.

Next year he'll be hearing The Baggio Track and Roaches in the Factory, Tempts and Exit.

uderstood, don't worry your a girl i wont beat you up,(besides your a cutie too)

but on the serious level i understand that euro djs are moving into hard house and what not, isn't that what factory, and twilo(with junior, and even exit when tsettos was there, dj boris when he was with the limelight.) and most of the other nyc clubs have been playing all along. europe is the one coming full circle, trance never seemed to really pick up in nyc, maybe in Miami it hit a homerun but not in NY.

I mean why do you think these djs are kept to a friday night and junior still does his residency on sat. If the people wanted to hear Euro djs over JP or JV don't you think the clubs would accomadate the PEOPLE. I do money talks...

Fact is alot of people in ny just don't like the european genre of music.

And to be really honest i could care less about what goes on overseas. I don't live there, so what goes on in zimbabwee doesn't affect me, what goes on in manhattan does.

just making a joke....

Ummmm . . . I don't want you guys to start kicking the shit out of me or anything cause . . . well . . I'M A GIRL!! biggrin.gif

However, there is just one correction I believe that needs to be made is that pOOH is right when he said that Euro DJs don't even play trance anymore. That whole Euro Trance thing is actually being played here cause New York at the moment is a step behind what's going on in Europe. Euro DJs are moving into that Dark and Hard House, Tech-House, Garage ect. Even a DJ that's known to play fluffy music such as PVD and Tiesto is now playing more break beat and techy music.

BlueAngel

------------------

scramble360,

The reason why the clubs only allow these DJs to play once a month, every Fridays or Saturdays is because . . .well . . . they cost A LOT!! AND these DJs tour around the world. These clubs CAN NOT afford to pay them to play every Friday and Saturday EVERY weekend of EVERY month. It's too much money and it has nothing to do with people not wanting to hear them. AND that's why when these Euro DJs are in town . .. it's basically a sold out affair. 6,000 people in a venue that only holds 3,000 . . .

I know for a fact that if New York clubbers could have their way . . . they would not mind having some of these Euro DJs EVERY week. Trust me.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

It's funny how everybody says JONATHAN PETERS,OHHHHHHHHH,SOUND FACTORY OHHHHHHHHHH

when in reality it's just coping what's in europe about 1 year ago. If you think SF is cutting edge, yeah, maybe for the new debra cox or whitney huston KTU shit but you guys are still trying to catch up to par but dont worry you will be where they are at now in 2002.

I laugh at the NY club scene. NY is suppose to be a trend setting city, but it has fallen way behind.

------------------

YOU WANT THE TRUTH, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Originally posted by scramble360:

uderstood, don't worry your a girl i wont beat you up,(besides your a cutie too)

but on the serious level i understand that euro djs are moving into hard house and what not, isn't that what factory, and twilo(with junior, and even exit when tsettos was there, dj boris when he was with the limelight.) and most of the other nyc clubs have been playing all along. europe is the one coming full circle, trance never seemed to really pick up in nyc, maybe in Miami it hit a homerun but not in NY.

I mean why do you think these djs are kept to a friday night and junior still does his residency on sat. If the people wanted to hear Euro djs over JP or JV don't you think the clubs would accomadate the PEOPLE. I do money talks...

Fact is alot of people in ny just don't like the european genre of music.

And to be really honest i could care less about what goes on overseas. I don't live there, so what goes on in zimbabwee doesn't affect me, what goes on in manhattan does.

just making a joke....

yeah jp changed carl cox from fluffy trance to hard house/techno. of only those other european idiots could understand his wisdom and musical knowledge we'd all be better off.

------------------

one thing that needs to be noted is that the hard house being played in new york is totally different from the hard house blueangel is talking about. In my opinion as well as many others, although i do enjoy a lot of it, "NY" hard house is a lot of cheese. Way to many drum rolls and a lot of it just sounds the same to me. The hard house that these euro dj's are moving towards isn't alot of commercial rmx's and such. It's darker and, once again IMHO, much better musically. When i listen to one of these sets, i don't get bored feeling like i'm hearing the same thing over and over as i sometimes do when listening to some of the ny dj's.

And as for the saturday nite residency thing, blue definetly hit it again. These guys pull in some crazy loot and owners know they can still pack out a club on saturday nite w/o them and make more money since they don't have to pay the 15+g's(?? guessing on this figure)

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

are you again reading what you want?

shit what kind of education do you have?

did I say JP changed carl cox???

can i ask a question?

What club do you goto on saturday night???

answer that for me and we will proceed.

yeah jp changed carl cox from fluffy trance to hard house/techno. of only those other european idiots could understand his wisdom and musical knowledge we'd all be better off.

------------------

wake up new york has always been behind europe in music and fashion since as far back as the beatles...

thats just the way it is...

Originally posted by loudness:

It's funny how everybody says JONATHAN PETERS,OHHHHHHHHH,SOUND FACTORY OHHHHHHHHHH

when in reality it's just coping what's in europe about 1 year ago. If you think SF is cutting edge, yeah, maybe for the new debra cox or whitney huston KTU shit but you guys are still trying to catch up to par but dont worry you will be where they are at now in 2002.

I laugh at the NY club scene. NY is suppose to be a trend setting city, but it has fallen way behind.

------------------

Please, JP has no influence of any dj's. The only dj's he has the slightest influence are the ones that play his ktu diva shit.

Outside of NY, it's Jonathan who, so I doubt he has any influence on changing another dj from fluffy trance to hard house/techno.

------------------

YOU WANT THE TRUTH, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Originally posted by scramble360:

i understand that euro djs are moving into hard house and what not, isn't that what factory, and twilo(with junior, and even exit when tsettos was there, dj boris when he was with the limelight.) and most of the other nyc clubs have been playing all along. europe is the one coming full circle,

you're not singling out cc, u're saying europe is finally following ny's lead, as in all the djs are finally following the ny trendsetters. nycheese is not hardhouse, its hardnoise, generic shit you can produce in minutes. its the same formula with different variables plugged in everyday for another track...

------------------

I understand where you are coming from, I am not sitting here saying OH JP oh JP oh SF SF, its not like that i wish some of you would just get over the fact that jp packs a room.

So does oakie(whom i have seen perform live) and s and d (whom i have seen at twilo a few times) dj taucher,pvd to name a few.I In no way am saying this without prior knowledge of there music, I have most of the gu's from nick warren, to sasha all I am saying is everyone seems to be comparing, comparing, comparing. Why???

Would you compare a lexus truck, with a dodge viper? 2 totally different cars, both equally as phat in different ways..

As far as JP and CC or Oakie or whoever else, jps been only big for about 3 years, the man is a great producer (yes of whitney tracks,and debra cox, don't forget brian mcknight, oh ya DMX too i know that one hit a nerve,shannon,garth brooks,mary j blige, george michael,and many others. sorry pooh i said it, too bad he makes more $$ than any of us will see, sickening huh?)as a dj i will be the first to admit he has a lot to learn he has at times bored me, and at other times had me moving all night long.

i will say it again to each his own...

look this is soo old drop it already..

who really cares anyway come saturday i will have a drink at factory for all of you people. ok... enuff already...

scramble360,

The reason why the clubs only allow these DJs to play once a month, every Fridays or Saturdays is because . . .well . . . they cost A LOT!! AND these DJs tour around the world. These clubs CAN NOT afford to pay them to play every Friday and Saturday EVERY weekend of EVERY month. It's too much money and it has nothing to do with people not wanting to hear them. AND that's why when these Euro DJs are in town . .. it's basically a sold out affair. 6,000 people in a venue that only holds 3,000 . . .

I know for a fact that if New York clubbers could have their way . . . they would not mind having some of these Euro DJs EVERY week. Trust me.

BlueAngel

------------------

now i really know your a moron, he was being sarcastic, shit do you even know what side your on or are you just a blithering freakazoid?

Originally posted by loudness:

Please, JP has no influence of any dj's. The only dj's he has the slightest influence are the ones that play his ktu diva shit.

Outside of NY, it's Jonathan who, so I doubt he has any influence on changing another dj from fluffy trance to hard house/techno.

------------------

wrong,

try again. shit if we keep this up eventually you and your like will get it right.

I never said europe is following ny's lead, i said isn't this what ny has been doing all along, but then you come along and say all the shit in sf is ktu commercial shit, and all of ny is hard noise, i didn't know you were such a proffesional music critic.

so i guess your right.

what do you listen to anyhow barry manilow??

you're not singling out cc, u're saying europe is finally following ny's lead, as in all the djs are finally following the ny trendsetters. nycheese is not hardhouse, its hardnoise, generic shit you can produce in minutes. its the same formula with different variables plugged in everyday for another track...

------------------