Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any Oakey reviews?

ok this is a totally subjective review but here goes with my night

got to pacha like 1115. it got really crowded by 12:

sandra collins opened i havent heard her in about 3-4 years but she was actually great! banging funky progressive.

oakey came on at 1:. he played some 'travelling' style trance. played an instrumental of faster pussycat. he played an oldie off GU:NY. he played 'southern sun' he played a big hands in the air trance tune about 2-ish.

I was a GIANT oakey fan from 1998-2002 but i cant get into him anymore. I was bored by most of his set. also to be honest I had a bit of diarrhea from the greek salad/pita bread dinner i ate. i am a vegetarian i dont eat turkey at thanksgiving. i left at 215-230 it was the earliest i have ever bailed on oakey.

his studio mezmor set in march/april was also pretty dull.

sandra collins was MUCH better!!

i guess I'll give oakey another shot in 08 but it was BORING . truth- from a long time oakey fan

ok this is a totally subjective review but here goes with my night

got to pacha like 1115. it got really crowded by 12:

sandra collins opened i havent heard her in about 3-4 years but she was actually great! banging funky progressive.

oakey came on at 1:. he played some 'travelling' style trance. played an instrumental of faster pussycat. he played an oldie off GU:NY. he played 'southern sun' he played a big hands in the air trance tune about 2-ish.

I was a GIANT oakey fan from 1998-2002 but i cant get into him anymore. I was bored by most of his set. also to be honest I had a bit of diarrhea from the greek salad/pita bread dinner i ate. i am a vegetarian i dont eat turkey at thanksgiving. i left at 215-230 it was the earliest i have ever bailed on oakey.

his studio mezmor set in march/april was also pretty dull.

sandra collins was MUCH better!!

i guess I'll give oakey another shot in 08 but it was BORING . truth- from a long time oakey fan

http://www.nokturnalist.com/club-news/417-oakenfold-moving.html

ye he fell off long time ago. after release of that shitty ibiza cd it all went down hill. i remember the last great set i heard him play was in like 2002 in hammerstein. by the way if anyone got videos of that set or has it recorded i would appreciate it.

now he sucks he used be really great. now he sucks how long did he spin for he only usually does like 2hrs which is bs. oakie introduced me to whole electronic music genre. he used to be my fav dj too. I believe tiesto is becoming just like him now. another great dj that had started to fall off.

I still give credit to Oakie. He inspired me to trance in 98. Every other dj followed his lead. All his radio 1 sets were amazing. I still listen to many of them. I went to all the shows @ Roxy to Hammerstein and his sets were up to par. The crowds back in the day felt as though you were at the World Series or something. Feel he's not giving his 100%. Not everyone is perfect. He had his time and now doing other work. 7 year later he's still in the top 10-15.

Victor Soto

B0000075EG.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Oldie but goodie

One of my favorite compilations mixed by him. Not his usual stuff which I appreciate from djs when they surprise you with a different sound.

Paul Oakenfold - Sessions 2

Label: Ministry Of Sound

Format: CD, Mixed, Compilation

Released: 1994

Genre: Electronic

Style: House

Credits: DJ Mix - Paul Oakenfold

Tracklisting:

1 Sandee - Notice Me

Producer - Clivillés & Cole

2 River Ocean - Love And Happiness (Yemaya Yochun) (Club Mix)

Producer - "Little" Louie Vega*

3 Hardrive - Deep Inside

4 Robin S. - I Want To Thank You (Bad Yard Club Mix)

Remix - David Morales

5 South Street Player - (Who?) Keeps Changing Your Mind (Night Mix)

Producer - Roland Clark

6 Believers, The - Who Dares To Believe In Me? (Original Mix)

Producer - Roy Davis Jr.

7 Juliet Roberts - Caught In The Middle (Roach Motel Dub)

Remix - Heller & Farley

8 Fire Island - There But For The Grace Of God (Roger's Garage Mix)

Featuring - Love Nelson

Remix - Roger Sanchez

9 Nuyorican Soul - The Nervous Track

Producer - Masters At Work

10 Incognito - Givin It Up (Uplifting Club Mix)

Remix - Roger Sanchez

11 Loleatta Holloway - Stand Up (Clap Yo Hands Mix)

Producer - Johnny Vicious

12 D:Ream - U R The Best Thing (Sexy Disco Dub)

Remix - Paul Oakenfold & Steve Osborne

I thought Oakie was sick. . . the mixing was not to complex but it's all about the tracks. . . he's one of the few dj's still keeping it real spinnin hard trance (tracks like nighmare,needs to feel,future music,bulldozer,rush hour and many others were all awesome)... the only complaints I had was the lack of room on the dance floor (which wasn't quite as bad as armin two weeks before) and the length of oakenfold's set. I felt him stopping at 3 was way too early (even though I ended up making the 3:16 train cause of it) I would have rather danced my ass off for a few more hours. but anyways I just wish hard trance was more popular now ... seems like everyone would rather listen to various types of house than the trance that the largest clubbing era in history was built upon in the late 90's... Trance is just so muck more energetic and evokes so much more emotion than house... it is the difference from a night out on the town and an escape into a world of lights and sound (and it's got nothing to do with drugs as I only drink). like they say it is what it is ...now I just can't wait for sean tyas and simon patterson at shelter on the 8th!

B0000075EG.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Oldie but goodie

One of my favorite compilations mixed by him. Not his usual stuff which I appreciate from djs when they surprise you with a different sound.

Paul Oakenfold - Sessions 2

Label: Ministry Of Sound

Format: CD, Mixed, Compilation

Released: 1994

Genre: Electronic

Style: House

Credits: DJ Mix - Paul Oakenfold

Tracklisting:

1 Sandee - Notice Me

Producer - Clivillés & Cole

2 River Ocean - Love And Happiness (Yemaya Yochun) (Club Mix)

3 Hardrive - Deep Inside

4 Robin S. - I Want To Thank You (Bad Yard Club Mix)

Remix - David Morales

5 South Street Player - (Who?) Keeps Changing Your Mind (Night Mix)

Producer - Roland Clark

6 Believers, The - Who Dares To Believe In Me? (Original Mix)

Producer - Roy Davis Jr.

7 Juliet Roberts - Caught In The Middle (Roach Motel Dub)

Remix - Heller & Farley

8 Fire Island - There But For The Grace Of God (Roger's Garage Mix)

Featuring - Love Nelson

Remix - Roger Sanchez

9 Nuyorican Soul - The Nervous Track

Producer - Masters At Work

10 Incognito - Givin It Up (Uplifting Club Mix)

Remix - Roger Sanchez

11 Loleatta Holloway - Stand Up (Clap Yo Hands Mix)

Producer - Johnny Vicious

12 D:Ream - U R The Best Thing (Sexy Disco Dub)

Remix - Paul Oakenfold & Steve Osborne

The man was a regular at the Paradise Garage and started off playing house before evolvin to trance and now his current sound. Great cd i think i lost mines.