Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Mitchell Report !

tristan22

This thing closely resembles the witch hunts from the medieval times. This is a steroid era, the whole sport is rife with it. Implicating some player's names may not be the most prudent thing to do, but if reduces the abuse, so be it. The guy so thrilled at this point has to be Bonds, it's a little vindication for having taken the abuse for the last couple of years. Clemens, I'm not surprised..his name has been in the circles for years now, its official now. The list is just insane. Whats your take on this ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a MEts fan I would be pissed, and not just because my team sucks. I give you the 2000 world series:

- 2 Yankee RBIs from Dave Justice-juice

- 1 RBI from Chuck Knoblauch-juice

- Winning pitcher is Mike Stanton, with 2 scoreless innings

- Andy Pettitte pitches 6.2 innings and gives up 3 runs.

Game 2: Yankees 6, Mets 5

-Clemens pitches 8 shutout innings for win

-Dave Justice scores 1 run

Game 4: Yankees 3, Mets 2

-Mike Stanton pitches 2/3 of a inning, 0 runs, 2 Ks

-Denny Neagle gives up 2 runs in 5 innings, in start

Game 5: Yankees 4, Mets 2

-Andy Pettitte gives up 2 runs (0 earned) over 7 innings

-Stanton pitches 1 inning of scoreless relief

My take is this... (Taken from another board)

Mitchell got two guys to flip. one of them worked for the NY Mets, and the other one worked for the Blue Jays and later the Yankees. There is no bias, he just has testimony and evidence submitted by guys with ties to those particular teams.

there are at least 10 other Kirk Radomsky's scattered throughout other clubhouses in the majors, including the Red Sox's clubhouse. But he worked with the two guys he had.

My take is this... (Taken from another board)

Mitchell got two guys to flip. one of them worked for the NY Mets, and the other one worked for the Blue Jays and later the Yankees. There is no bias, he just has testimony and evidence submitted by guys with ties to those particular teams.

there are at least 10 other Kirk Radomsky's scattered throughout other clubhouses in the majors, including the Red Sox's clubhouse. But he worked with the two guys he had.

Nope only yankee guys have used roids, the sox are 100% clean. :updown:

Honestly at this point I assume everyone is on them.

Imagine if they did thid for football, the list would be 1000 names.

I think in the NFL they would do an investigation to uncover who is not on roids... Then those guys would be outed and everyone would point and laugh at them... :funny:

PS: How many are you guys gonna drop on us this weekend? 50?? 60??? 70???? :funny:

i want a new report done and this time Hal stienbrenner should be put in charge of it .not a redsox board director

I think in the NFL they would do an investigation to uncover who is not on roids... Then those guys would be outed and everyone would point and laugh at them... :funny:

PS: How many are you guys gonna drop on us this weekend? 50?? 60??? 70???? :funny:

Gonna be tough to do in a blizzard. Anyone know what the spread and over/under is??

Gonna be tough to do in a blizzard. Anyone know what the spread and over/under is??

The spread opened at 27 at the begining of the week and dropped to 24 due to the forecasted nasty weather.

We got a bet going at work on whether Andy Petite will be on the opening day roster for the yanks. I'm betting this guy is gonna bail to avoid the Barry Bonds treatment.

We got a bet going at work on whether Andy Petite will be on the opening day roster for the yanks. I'm betting this guy is gonna bail to avoid the Barry Bonds treatment.

I don't think so...

I read his "page" on the report. The only thing they have on him is that he used HGH to help him come back from elbow tendonitis in 2002... I really don't think he's gonna get grilled that badly, especially compared to Clemens...

I don't think so...

I read his "page" on the report. The only thing they have on him is that he used HGH to help him come back from elbow tendonitis in 2002... I really don't think he's gonna get grilled that badly, especially compared to Clemens...

Dont you think its kinda "funny" that most athletes caught or suspected of using performance enhancing drugs always have that unique excuse that they were recovering from some injury ? Where do they draw the line of recovery and abuse ? My guess is that they dont care...lotsa $$ is at stake. Andy is no exception...he cheated and got caught..wanna bet he wont show next season ??

I'm sorry, Rick-The-Amazing-Ankiel is a cheat too... a good hollywood ending is giving him a break....not me tho.... he's a cheat thru & thru!!

Dont you think its kinda "funny" that most athletes caught or suspected of using performance enhancing drugs always have that unique excuse that they were recovering from some injury ? Where do they draw the line of recovery and abuse ? My guess is that they dont care...lotsa $$ is at stake. Andy is no exception...he cheated and got caught..wanna bet he wont show next season ??

I'm sorry, Rick-The-Amazing-Ankiel is a cheat too... a good hollywood ending is giving him a break....not me tho.... he's a cheat thru & thru!!

I'm just going by what is in the actual report, which you can download off of ESPN. Regarding Pettite, the report says that he was rehabbing from elbow tendinitis when he called Brian McNamee to come down to Tampa and give him the HGH. According to McNamee, he injected him once or twice and that was it... This wasn't Andy Pettite's "excuse", it was what Brian McNamee testified to regarding providing Andy Pettite with HGH...

Now if you want to believe he did more than that, then that is your prerogative, but that is just speculation. Andy isn't going to admit to anything more than that (if he admits to anything at all), so unless someone else steps up to the plate with more hard evidence, then what I outlined in the first paragraph is all we have to go by.

So based on what's actually in the report, he "cheated" so he could get back on the field faster. Since there is no evidence of him using anything that actually helped him perform on the field, I don't think he will be crucified. There will be some repercussions, but I don't think he'll get anything close to what Clemens will get...

The issue is going to be who has evidence and what is hear-say....unfortunately there isn't going to be any evidence and probably never will be because its not like someone would have kept a glass bottle and syringe from 5 years ago. If they were implicated, it probably happened.

I'm glad that there is disciplinary action that will take place by the commissioner, but what I hope this does more then anything is starts the testing policies that are tougher on everybody like, say, what the NCAA or NFL does (random drug tests, etc) and i hope this debacle ends