Clubplanet Nightlife Community

twilo is overrated in my opinon

we stayed at twilo from 1-4am. it was my 3rd time at Twilo, the last time being about a year ago. the crowd was fine, i didn't like the music though, the bass and drum lines were pretty much the same for 3hrs...im sorry but i couldn't undertand why people were cheering at the DJs. i don't like sasha and dickweed, but i like their version of DM's enjoy the silence which i heard few years ago... it was also just too packed! there seemed to be more people walking around than dancing. the beer was warm and cheap( btw i think the twilo bottled waters are tab water). i didn't like the male dancers in UFO outfits, bring out the female dancers in bikini instead geez...what else, oh yeah i think the ceiling is too low for a big club.

i know twilo is very popular on this board but honestly i didn't like it, my friend from out of town did like it but he's a country boy new to the city.

So the music sucked, the ceilings were too low, the crowd was alright, and the bottled water tasted like tap water.

I take it you had a bad night... Seems like a bunch of us do when we go out.

I'd like to say this, if you're not into Sasha & Digweed, stick to SF, Exit,Limelight, and Cheetah. Those clubs might be the ones up your alley. Twilo isn't for everyone... That's for sure.

Believe it or not. Twilo is one of the most popular clubs in the world. It's almost every djs dream to play here. To play on the best sound system in the world.

Do you go clubbing often?? If so, what djs do you go hear?

Originally posted by souvlaki:

we stayed at twilo from 1-4am. it was my 3rd time at Twilo, the last time being about a year ago. the crowd was fine, i didn't like the music though, the bass and drum lines were pretty much the same for 3hrs...im sorry but i couldn't undertand why people were cheering at the DJs. i don't like sasha and dickweed, but i like their version of DM's enjoy the silence which i heard few years ago... it was also just too packed! there seemed to be more people walking around than dancing. the beer was warm and cheap( btw i think the twilo bottled waters are tab water). i didn't like the male dancers in UFO outfits, bring out the female dancers in bikini instead geez...what else, oh yeah i think the ceiling is too low for a big club.

i know twilo is very popular on this board but honestly i didn't like it, my friend from out of town did like it but he's a country boy new to the city.

hi, this is Paul Van Dyk, i am a bi-monthly (no jaysea, i didnt say bisexual so stop droolin) resident at Twilo,

as a representative of the club i will adress your issues here:

1 - Sahsa and Digweed are veteran international superstar Dj's (just like myself) and when we hear no talent scum like you put down our sets it infurates us, obviously you dont good music from bad music and probably have no taste at all. sorry but its true.

2 - The bass and drum lines sounded repetetive? its called PROGRESSIVE TRANCE numbnutz, thats the way it sounds.

2 - NEVER go to Twilo from 1-4 DUMMY, us headliners never go on before two and usually a little later than that, all you heard was the first three hours, so you really cant make an intelligent assesment of how their sets went. next time if you are going just for three hours, go at about six, then tell us what you think of it genius

3 - People were screaming cause they probably know a thing or two about music unlike you, and if you had any sense of rhythym whatsover you would have been screaming too, and you wouldnt have left at 4.

4 - the guys in UFO outfits/ girls in bikinis: listen up i'm only gonna say this once, there were never any girls in bikini's, they were what we call "trannys" men who wear womens clothes, take female hormones and get breast implants, in essence they are transvesstives with BAZAMBA's (just like the chick at the door at the new Sound Factory)

5- the ceiling - ok so now your an architect huh, the ceiling there has been that way since it was the original Sound Factory and its worked just about every since then, but if it ever needs to be changed, you'll be the first one we'll call for advice, since you sound like a regular fuckin Mike Brady.

i hope you give Twilo a chance again, i will be spinning on 9/8 if you want to come, just make sure to stop by and say hi to me in the both so i can knock ya fuckin lights out for callin my friend john digweed "dickweed".that was a little below the belt in my opinion.

Sorry to sound so harsh, and i didnt mean to step on your dick or anything, but sasha and digweed are good friends of mine, and Twilo is one of my residencies so i feel kinda strongly on these issues.

PVD

Vandit Records

you need help. there's a thing called 'freedom of speech' in this country. . didn't your vw driving nazi parents teach you that before they sent your sorry ass here?

i don't know about music? i've played piano since age 7

Originally posted by paulvandyk:

hi, this is Paul Van Dyk, i am a bi-monthly (no jaysea, i didnt say bisexual so stop droolin) resident at Twilo,

as a representative of the club i will adress your issues here:

1 - Sahsa and Digweed are veteran international superstar Dj's (just like myself) and when we hear no talent scum like you put down our sets it infurates us, obviously you dont good music from bad music and probably have no taste at all. sorry but its true.

2 - The bass and drum lines sounded repetetive? its called PROGRESSIVE TRANCE numbnutz, thats the way it sounds.

2 - NEVER go to Twilo from 1-4 DUMMY, us headliners never go on before two and usually a little later than that, all you heard was the first three hours, so you really cant make an intelligent assesment of how their sets went. next time if you are going just for three hours, go at about six, then tell us what you think of it genius

3 - People were screaming cause they probably know a thing or two about music unlike you, and if you had any sense of rhythym whatsover you would have been screaming too, and you wouldnt have left at 4.

4 - the guys in UFO outfits/ girls in bikinis: listen up i'm only gonna say this once, there were never any girls in bikini's, they were what we call "trannys" men who wear womens clothes, take female hormones and get breast implants, in essence they are transvesstives with BAZAMBA's (just like the chick at the door at the new Sound Factory)

5- the ceiling - ok so now your an architect huh, the ceiling there has been that way since it was the original Sound Factory and its worked just about every since then, but if it ever needs to be changed, you'll be the first one we'll call for advice, since you sound like a regular fuckin Mike Brady.

i hope you give Twilo a chance again, i will be spinning on 9/8 if you want to come, just make sure to stop by and say hi to me in the both so i can knock ya fuckin lights out for callin my friend john digweed "dickweed".that was a little below the belt in my opinion.

Sorry to sound so harsh, and i didnt mean to step on your dick or anything, but sasha and digweed are good friends of mine, and Twilo is one of my residencies so i feel kinda strongly on these issues.

PVD

Vandit Records

you need help. there's a thing called 'freedom of speech' in this country. . didn't your vw driving nazi parents teach you that before they sent your sorry ass here?

look, dont get mad, i just gave a fair rebuttal to the negative post you made about one of the clubs i am a resident of..

I did nothing to stiffle your freedom of speech,i just exercised my freedom of speech to offer an opinion that differs from yours.

Since i obviosly did a good job at defending Twilo, you have nothing to say in that regard, and instead are insulting my heritage and making stereotypical generalized statements against my people. Is that what you believe "freedom of speech" is all about??

i dont know what you have against us Germans. Maybe you havent seen the news for the last 10 years but we are a very open minded society (even took down that pesky wall about a decade ago).

I dont know long your mamma paid for those sorry ass piano lessons you took, but you obviosly didnt learn a damn thing. Playing "Chopsticks" and "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" hardly gives you the right to judge internationally acclaimed DJ's and producers and even stoop as low as to resort to namecalling as you did with John Digweed.

So in closing, kiss my cute little supple perfectly porportioned German ass!

PVD

Mute Records - Germany

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY IMPOSTERS ON THIS WEBSITE??? NOT TO START BEEF WITH MR. PAUL VAN DYK HIMSELF BUT I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT PVD OR BAD BOY BILL HAVE THE TIME OR INTEREST IN POSTING SHIT HERE...I KNOW IT'S AN EGO THING FOR ALL OF U WHO PRETEND TO BE SUPER-DJ'S, BUT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE BE YOURSELF!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

My name was used!!

------------------

"This MuTha Fucka!! comes up to me!!! , and pulls out his D---,And gets all up in My shit, and has the mutha fukn nerve to ask "Am i hurting you" i was like "Mutha fucka, you are tickaling me, get your fat,crust,skanky,wanna be down"Fat ass off me............and pay me my 20 bucks!>> Sweet Pussy Pauline(NYC)

If Twilo is way overrated...then name any other club in the city that has the best DJs from around the world, the best sound system and cool vibes? I've always heard the best music and had the best times at Twilo.

------------------

I'm still here, I just abandoned my body...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

well i don't have anything against germany, it's one powerful and highly developed country but i do have problems with imposters like you.

Originally posted by paulvandyk:

look, dont get mad, i just gave a fair rebuttal to the negative post you made about one of the clubs i am a resident of..

I did nothing to stiffle your freedom of speech,i just exercised my freedom of speech to offer an opinion that differs from yours.

Since i obviosly did a good job at defending Twilo, you have nothing to say in that regard, and instead are insulting my heritage and making stereotypical generalized statements against my people. Is that what you believe "freedom of speech" is all about??

i dont know what you have against us Germans. Maybe you havent seen the news for the last 10 years but we are a very open minded society (even took down that pesky wall about a decade ago).

I dont know long your mamma paid for those sorry ass piano lessons you took, but you obviosly didnt learn a damn thing. Playing "Chopsticks" and "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" hardly gives you the right to judge internationally acclaimed DJ's and producers and even stoop as low as to resort to namecalling as you did with John Digweed.

So in closing, kiss my cute little supple perfectly porportioned German ass!

PVD

Mute Records - Germany

Stick to the Sound Factory....please.

Are you fucking nutzzz !!! That was the best fucking SnD nite in ages ! Also don't diss Twilo cause it is an awesome club. Honestly if you didn't like SnD then why did u bother to go to a club ? Twilo is packed because of peoplpe like you who go cause they hear that Twilo is one of the hottest clubs in NY and they wanna be part of the scene. The real Twilo peeps go cause of the music, and cause Twilo is the only club that brings DJ's like PVD, SnD, Carl Cox, Tilt, Sven Vath, Groove Armada...should I go on ???

BTW. When SnD and PVD are in Town I go to Dance !!! So Sorry if I bumped into you with my UFO pants....u were probably the prep boy in the suit.

------------------

hempleaf.gif

"I want to get high, so high" (Cypress Hill)

I've been going to Twilo since highschool and I think its way too overrated now too.. I think those dj's like Carl Cox, PVD, Josh wink, should spin somewhere else. The place stinks and there are way too many crakcheads wandering around in a freakin k-hole. It used to be good before it turned commercial.

the one friday i went to Twilo to hear Sven Vath... he was off the hook i had a great time. i have yet to hear Sasha and Digweed, but from what i hear they are great, but i want to make that decision for myself, so I'm definately looking forward to that.

But i will have to differ about Sat. at Twilo. Its a total different vibe that I'm not into, and i dont like the music that Jr. spins...

------------------

~Music Is The Answer~

Guest bonzai

SO DONT GO TO TWILO THEN!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS A SOUVLAKI??? WHATS THAT A GYRO? LOL

------------------

LULA I DONT SEE YOU..

i was in your situation a few times too Souvlaki, stayed to 5 or 6, then left. then, friday, i got there at 5, and had the best time of my life till 10:30! the music is progressive, and i always thought it was average before...this time though, Digweed's set from 7:30-9:30 was off the hook...but they do that because of all you guys who leave early-- so too bad, but if you had stayed, that 35 bucks would seem cheap for all the dancing i saw going on and the incredible music.

by the way, people talking of all the drugs at Twilo (sasha was rolling really hard i noticed) versus SF??? sf has got more stuff than anywhere, so don't complain. drugs are at clubs no matter what...why do you care? the music is the best thing anyway...i was totally sober friday, and had a great time despite other people doing what they wanted to do...i just don't care as long as the music rocks.

I've never really liked being at Twilo until after 4A.M., so I agree with everyone else in that respect...

Plus, why the surprise at the fact people are cheering for the DJ's. At any show or concert, it makes sense that 90% of the people are there because they like who is playing.

Finally, if you don't like the style of the musicians playing, your review doesn't mean too much. For example, if I went to a country music concert I am sure that I would not be qualified to review it, since I don't like that music style at all. If you feel the same about SandD's style of music, your words won't have any impact either.