Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Double You Emm Cee

cookie6

cookie - glad we didn't hit the sander party.. heard it suckkked!!! And there was some altercation by the dj booth and he packed his shit and left.. then he bailed on the surfcomber party too.. lol

Taken from another board:

"On this note........i was sooooo fucking pissed off saturday Morning. I was sick the beginning of conference and really looking forward to an amazing morning with sander. Last year he played groovy, melodies, techy shit that made a surreal morning.

Well this saturday, 80 dollar tickets in hand.....i was greeted by dark, noisy minimal techno on the SPACE TERRACE OF ALL PLACES. I could not beleive my ears. Hours i waited for this terrible display of noise to stop but it just continued. I thought it was some kind of sick joke. The patio filled up with fucked up europeans some moving, most not.

Even as the sun came up sander proceded to play what sounded like CRASHING AIRPLANES, CHAINSAWS and such. six hours later i couldnt take it anymore.

now there is some groovy minimal, minimal with substance and i am ok with that. this was plain bad, like something you would hear from ritchie hawtin. Sander should have warned his fans before completely switching his style. I heard he rocked ultra and played well at shine.........why do this at space.....do this in some dark room in europe for fucks sake...."

another poster:

"And on that note, can anyone confirm why Sander canceled his set at the Space pool party at the Surfcomber on Sunday? Between the warzone minimal on the terrace and the no show at the pool, there are some pretty pissed off Sander fans running around right now... bad idea in Miami. These people don't forgive or forget easily."

reply:

"Hey Funky.......i heard after i left space on saturday when he was packing up his stuff......he got into a fight!!!!!!!! i bet it was a pissed off fan who had to endure the minimal like i did and punched him in the face for being a douchbag....."

so good call on our part :D

cookie - glad we didn't hit the sander party.. heard it suckkked!!! And there was some altercation by the dj booth and he packed his shit and left.. then he bailed on the surfcomber party too.. lol

Taken from another board:

"On this note........i was sooooo fucking pissed off saturday Morning. I was sick the beginning of conference and really looking forward to an amazing morning with sander. Last year he played groovy, melodies, techy shit that made a surreal morning.

Well this saturday, 80 dollar tickets in hand.....i was greeted by dark, noisy minimal techno on the SPACE TERRACE OF ALL PLACES. I could not beleive my ears. Hours i waited for this terrible display of noise to stop but it just continued. I thought it was some kind of sick joke. The patio filled up with fucked up europeans some moving, most not.

Even as the sun came up sander proceded to play what sounded like CRASHING AIRPLANES, CHAINSAWS and such. six hours later i couldnt take it anymore.

now there is some groovy minimal, minimal with substance and i am ok with that. this was plain bad, like something you would hear from ritchie hawtin. Sander should have warned his fans before completely switching his style. I heard he rocked ultra and played well at shine.........why do this at space.....do this in some dark room in europe for fucks sake...."

another poster:

"And on that note, can anyone confirm why Sander canceled his set at the Space pool party at the Surfcomber on Sunday? Between the warzone minimal on the terrace and the no show at the pool, there are some pretty pissed off Sander fans running around right now... bad idea in Miami. These people don't forgive or forget easily."

reply:

"Hey Funky.......i heard after i left space on saturday when he was packing up his stuff......he got into a fight!!!!!!!! i bet it was a pissed off fan who had to endure the minimal like i did and punched him in the face for being a douchbag....."

so good call on our part :D

I like altercations by dj booths. :D

The Moby & Carl Cox Essential Mix from Ultra is awesome-O

I uploaded it on nokturnalist.com if you guys want it. Good to see him still DJing out once in a while. Wish we could have some big parties like that up here (WMC like).

• 2 weeks later...