Clubplanet Nightlife Community

People from PA and Jersey, ever go to philly clubs?

Originally posted by misskittie:

Isnt there a club called SHAMPOO up there? If Im not mistaken that is where its located and its supposed to be pretty live. Any info on this?

When they have special events its pretty good, sometimes a little overcrowded though. Next big event is the Purple Party Sept 23. However, the night before that at Transit night club with JP should be bangin!

transit was bangin when DT was there, shampoo is like everything else...progressive cheeze like jp... they paid 10g's i heard for him, unbelievable. And yea mac the blue oyster bar is da bomb, they always ask for you though for some reason. smile.gif

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

I totally am with you Nikilina. Although ive never had any bad words with robbie. One night I was with like 6 other people, waiting to get in. He was chilling outside and he hooked everyone up compd. However, I totally agree with the music, in general, its terrible. 140bpm cheeze in most places. The solution?? There is none! Thats why I drive to vinyl every friday smile.gif I used to go to tunnel (when dt was there) SF, etc.. but i got tired of waiting in line for an hour, places so packed you cant move, yada yada yada. And being a dj all these years, I dont really care where "the beutiful people" go. Ive seen enough eye candy that isnt a factor in my decisions anymore. To me, vinyl is the best music, terrific crowd and sound system, thats all i need. I understand people like the big room thing though... But I can say this, there is another club opening up in philly real soon, i cant say much more, but from what I was told its looking good.. smile.gifWhere do you usually go Nikilina? SF??

-Adam

------------------

Wow people. I thought I would get shit for what I said - but no. That is the first. I totally agree with aft and nikilina - Philly is not the place to party. There bunch of cool place to chill and have a beer or a cup of coffee but other than that there isn't much to do.

Philly used to have the best vibe! Babylon when it just opened had the top-notch crowd and the vibe was great. Now everybody is into hard core fucking up. You could be in the place for 10 min and already 10 people came up and asked for K and e... That’s lame, ruins the vibe.

And what about that crack hole of Evolution? Under new management my ass!

Pissed off. Sorry. I just can’t afford $300 for a weekend to come up to NYC and have a good time too often...

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

Robbie Tronco is not a dick. And as a close friend of his, I don't appreciate that comment. But anyway, I know and love everyone at Shampoo and they're really trying hard to make something happen. DJ Gos had the shitty slot on the 12th - 10:00, Buccafm.

And a little Newsflash to wet your palate . . . there's a new club scheduled to open in October. (This from a very reliable source.)

The name is Gasoline and scheduled for the opening party is none other than John Digweed. If Digweed comes to Philly, I'm stickin around. There's no telling what can happen.

I think a Philly meetup is in order. Set it up! I'm there.

-Tracy

hate to tell you this, but robbie was family at one point.... from much first hand experience... robbie is a dick. close friend or not, i'm right.

about the top secret info on the new club... it was squashed... it was going to open where the old gotham was.. but its a no go now! not enough people to back up $$. old city is the place to be now a days... delaware ave sucks monkey balls!

Originally posted by tracyshuron:

Robbie Tronco is not a dick. And as a close friend of his, I don't appreciate that comment. But anyway, I know and love everyone at Shampoo and they're really trying hard to make something happen. DJ Gos had the shitty slot on the 12th - 10:00, Buccafm.

And a little Newsflash to wet your palate . . . there's a new club scheduled to open in October. (This from a very reliable source.)

The name is Gasoline and scheduled for the opening party is none other than John Digweed. If Digweed comes to Philly, I'm stickin around. There's no telling what can happen.

I think a Philly meetup is in order. Set it up! I'm there.

-Tracy

I def agree with you guys. Im from here and I know a ton of people here and thats the main reason I still like it. Dont get me wrong, Ill take NYC over any night in Philly, but my pocket just cant handle it all the time, so I make the best of whats around. I dont know, Im one of those people who can adjust and have a good time anywhere. Babylon was phat last summer for about 2 months when it was open till 6 every Fri and Sat, that place it done for now. I think anyones best bet in Philly right now is Transit. Keep us posted on the new club. Im in for a philly meetup, the thing is, I bet you we all crossed paths one time or another.

The old gothum project was gonna be the 5th element, but thats long gone, there is something else in the works. As far as NYC, i usually do it for $50 or so. I drive up, with some peeps, split all the expenses (well I get to vinyl a lot cheaper too!) and go home afterwards. The till noon thing at SF and stuff is a bit harder to do.

Envy is a nice place but lost, no clue. I dont know about diggers, ill believe that when i see it. Big name dj's avoid philly like its the bubonic plague. BS promoters and terrible crowds keep most of them away. Thats why they usually get like B list dj's... R and G, plasmic honey...etc. JP kinda fits in the mold as similar music, so that will probably work. But even DT had a rough crowd. I was standing in the vip area when DT was spinnin and people actually walked by and gave DT dirty looks like 'you suck'... couldnt believe it. The philly crowd is so uneducated, i dont think theres any point to bringing the big names. All they know is 'take your shirts off' and 'zombie nation'. They think that's house music. I remember danny played 'sacred cycles' (on hooj) for the first time at transit....omg, sounded amazing, and i heard people in the hall complaining. The scene actually got like this a year or so ago, when Robbie went off into the commercial trance thing, it seemed to change.

-Adam

------------------

I'm from Philly and agree with almost everything said. Tranist is really the only place to go in right now. Evolution is going to be a gamble with their new management, so we'll have to wait and see what they do with the place. Shampoo is the small Exit of Philly. Its too commercial there, and nobody would know what the scene was about if you threw it in their face. Envy isn't a club, its a frat reunion. And Space would be great if it was 21 and up.

The main reason there are no good clubs in Philly is b/c of these Omish laws that prohibit places from staying open past 2am. A liscence to stay open past 2 only 8 times per year sucks. And for a club to get an after-hours liscence sucks as well, b/c then they have to be a membership club, and charge more money.

I'm down for a meetup, maybe at a cool bar on South Street (maybe Love Lounge on a Wed. and listen to the 611 boys). Let me know, and email me, and I can try to set it up some time after Labor Day...

LETS ALL HOPE PHILLY GETS BETTER!!!

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

Well, if i get my little back room or whatever at transit..i will be playing DT style house music. So it might be a little room, but the music will be dark, deep and tribal.. smile.gif Someones gotta play AC/DC in philly!! Everyone heard this track yet?? sick! Or we could meet up some night and head to nyc or something....

-Adam

------------------

Hey guys, just found out, next friday sep 8th, ill be opening at vinyl, 11:30- 2. I hope some of you guys can go, ill post something next week as well. If anyone wants to go and be on the list email me. adam.freemer@sea.siemens.com

Its miami this weeekend...woo woo smile.gif

------------------

Well I don't know, but at least when I'm at Shampoo or Transit I have a great time. And as for you guys not liking the music, well obviously it's not your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean that people in Philly don't know what's up or aren't into "the vibe". do you know everyone in Philly?? I doubt it! I for one like progressive house, I'm not really into the whole trance/tribal garage/barage (sp) music. That's not MY cup of tea, so don't knock everyone. Of course Philly is nothing like NY would you expect it to be? Hello! And like someone said, Philly would definitely be phatter if they could stay opened past 2. And I have to say even though Evolution was a hole in the wall and nasty, I think they still played awesome music. To each his own.

Shit, if you have the money to head up to NY every weekend, more power to you. But don't put Philly down just cause it's not like NY. Not all cities can be alike. Hopefully some more clubs will open and be better.

I do agree though with you Niki about Shampoo letting all kinds of nasty people in lately, the crowd was definitely better when Phoenix worked the door. Old City is cool to hang out at, I like their spots as well.

I feel Philly is a great place to be, and I think it would be "fun" if we all met up. And also I agree, Adam, that a trip to NY would be cool too.

Sorry bucca to put down Philly. I love the city and the people. But I was so disgusted with the whole scene in the last couple of month that...

Just hope that it will change. I don't want to move just because I don't have a place to unwind after a workweek.

As you said, everybody likes his tea his own little perverted way... smile.gif

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

Gasoline is actually going to be where 8th st. lounge use to be, and if you really believe that Digger is going to be there than how about buying a piece of this bridge that I own in Brooklyn? As far as Transit goes, they fucked up. They had the chance to make a fat club and they ruined it by chopping it up into a bunch of diff. rooms. I don't know what it looked like as the bank, but what they should of done was hollow it out into a nice sized square dancefloor (similar to Twilo only higher ceilings) with a basement. Soundsystem sucks, as well as the lights. For the best sounding club Evolution takes the cake imo. Everything is tight, not spread out around funny shaped main floors (Transit, Shampoo) I believe that they are they only club with the right idea, all they need now is the size.

------------------

it's not WHAT you know,

it's not WHO you know either

It's WHO KNOWS YOU!

We are young but for a short period of time,

Learn and save as if to last forever,

Live and love as if to die tomorrow!

Did i miss something? I was at evolution last year and they didnt even have subs. It sounded like the sf system without any bass! Have they upgraded since then? My friend is supposed to promote there...He used to promote thursdays at deco, Leo.

-Adam

------------------

philly is a great place i dj there often ,i live in ny and i like the philly crowd.i dj at transit and i have spun at shampoo in the past to .the crowd is very nice and not once did i ever see a fight.and for robbie tronco he can wipe the floors with every philly dj and alot of ny ones to he"s a good friend.if you dont like the music dont go.if your looking for danny t goto vinals dannys the man and there is not anyone like him.transit trys to book diffrent dj"s all the time.when you see one playing you like then go.i play progressive,tribal,vocal.and one thing i have learned djing for so long is you cant please every one all the time.