Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i need to buy some CD turntables...can anyone offer any info?

madcrisco

I use the American DJ PRO-DJ2's. They make a newer model, but mine serve me well, and I do exactly what you said you wanted to start doing. It seems, however, that the big doggs in the industry all swear by the Denon 2600F, of maybe its the 2500...either way, make sure that you get something that can handle the type of spinning you want, such as seamless looping, instant start, and whatever. If you dont have these features, it will be dammned near impossible (unless you are naturally gifted) to beatmix efficiently.

Email me if you want to know more.

BG

------------------

ruhardhouse@yahoo.com

IBclubbin@aol.com

email for gig info

i was comparing the new 200's to the older model (the ones ibclubbin uses) and only difference other than cosmetical was a "anti skip"...

ibclubbin, does the dark colored one (blue, or black...but 1not the newer aluminum brushed face ones) have a problem with skipping???

I plan on spinning a few techno parties at a local dancehall which is notorious for "shakey floors". How much movement can they handle? Should i spend more for the newer model? Or is the "anti-skip" just a hoax?

------------------

AIM "i love kinky sex"

email "livininwwa@hotmail.com"

i have the pro DJ2's....not 200's (unless that was a typo)....personally, i have rarely had problems with anti-skip (except one time when this fat chick banged my table really bad)....

they have seamless loop, 10 memory cue points, a "bop" effect which seamlessly jumps back to the cue point on the fly (imagine Jay-Z saying "when the remys in my system when the remy's in my system when the remy's in my system" with NO pause in between)....

they work for me....do NOT get the pro-DJ 1's though...they dont have the bop which is primarily what i use for beat mixing.....

BG

------------------

ruhardhouse@yahoo.com

IBclubbin@aol.com

email for gig info

first off, i'd like to thank everyone for helping me out...

here's what i decided to get...

i bought 2 gemini CDJ-10's, i basically bought them because i felt that i didn't need anything special, just basic CD players. For a mixer, i am going to buy a used Numark Beatmaster, or beatkeeper, i forgot... anyways...second hand, this is $300, and it features auto beat matching...

This feature automatically changes the BPM of a selected song to make the transition between songs smoother right??? So the beats match? I kinda need to know, because i only have 2 days to cancel my order...

ex) if i have one song playing at 160 BPM, then i want to switch to a track playing at let's say 140 BPM... what exactly happens in the transition??? does the track being mixed into the other (the 140 BPM) speed up to 160 BPM, or does the 160 go down to 140??? OR...is one beat replaced by the other w/ the rest of the track playing over the new BPM? (like the sandstorm hi's playing over a plasmic honey beat?)...

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

------------------

AIM "i love kinky sex"

email "livininwwa@hotmail.com"

hey madcrisco, how much you paying for that mixer cause i have one that im looking to unload....its good, but i bought a 10 inch one to fit a case i have so i dont need it anymore....email me....IBclubbin@aol.com

BG

------------------

My drug dealers? Johnny Vicious....Eddie Baez....Tony Draper.....Russ Reign.....

Music is the answer

Am I reading this right? People talking about spinning with CD players? Doesn't anyone use good ol' vinyl anymore. Go pick up some Gemini PT2000's and buy some records. Mixing with CD's just isn't the same. Not that it's bad, just too easy....

----B

------------------

embot.gif