Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto @ Space

Guest LeVeL

Guest JMT
THAT BEING SAID the VIBE in that room was pretty intesne...the music was just a little too hard for me...

it was probably one of the more intense ive witnessed there.  it was almost surreal to pause for a minute and just watch the crowd from the balcony.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEA? fuck i dunno I was pretty killed (went to nikki beach beforehand for the juicy/filtered party and then went off to the marlin bar for some tek-hauz) by the time I got to space I was pretty drained and my serotonin levels were already pretty low (needed to save some for lawler on monday which by the way was the highlight of the conference for me)

;)

the music wasnt motivating me enough to stay, in fact it was kind of draining me...no flow whatsoever between, not that im blaming them, I mean have they ever even spun together b4?), i wouldnt expect them to be like sasha and digweed or deep dish or whomever, but then why pair them together in the first place...???

my 0.02 cents...

Guest Diabolique

mmmm, I suppose Tiesto is worth checking out once... tho I'd be a little leary dancing under a floor that moves FOUR inches! :o

a great favor indeed. Tiesto does NOT merely spin trance and sub-genres of trance...he is really very versatile nowadays, I love it!

I was listening to the Space 4th of July from last year...a few trax on there he spun last sunday....totally brought me back, especially one...mmm, its about 52 minutes in on part 2. christ that is a powerful track---

Another thing...Tiesto knows how to use the horn and not be cheezy, in my opinion.

i still cant get over last sunday...most intense night 9and day) ever, for me...simply unforgettable...

Guest biznation00
errrrrm yea I walked into SPACE @ around 3:30 am and NO WORD OF A LIE the first mix I heard from Tiesto was OFF-BEAT...lol I dunno but I thought that was pretty funny, how the fuck can a dude getting paid as much as he is for a gig be such a lame mixer

THAT BEING SAID the VIBE in that room was pretty intesne...the music was just a little too hard for me...

i was disappointed in the Terrace that morning too, wasnt feeling the Sander + Roland tag teaming AT ALL...i ended up taking off @ around 7am...meh

Slinky,

the guy tag teamin' with Sander was Tom Novi. Roland played an entire set by himself & it began @ 8:30am & lasted thru till 1:30pm.

I agree with you on the Sander/Novi tag team thing though. Sander would push for a different direction & Novi would come in & yank it back with stuff that had no business bein' in the set. I wish Sander would of just played those mornin' hours alone. Novi made it hard for him to get in a groove.. That dissapointed me... :(

Guest JMT
a great favor indeed.  Tiesto does NOT merely spin trance and sub-genres of trance...he is really very versatile nowadays, I love it!  

I was listening to the Space 4th of July from last year...a few trax on there he spun last sunday....totally brought me back, especially one...mmm, its about 52 minutes in on part 2.  christ that is a powerful track---

Another thing...Tiesto knows how to use the horn and not be cheezy, in my opinion.

i still cant get over last sunday...most intense night 9and day) ever, for me...simply unforgettable...

i was there for that, i might be able to ID that track if i heard it. i dont have the set right now.

i agree, he uses the horn sparingly and at the most opportune time.

Guest JMT
I like when he teases with a couple quick pulls--not just the dramatic long yanks at the peak of a song.  (did I just use yank and peak in the same sentence?  please dont misconstrue that :P)

LOL!!

but.... i know what you mean. the grin on his face when he knows we see it coming is ear to ear.

Guest JMT
;)

John, did you read on the Tiesto forum...apparently he says that this past sunday was his best performance ever??!!  i believe it....i felt it like that.  

NO, i went on there but didnt see that! thats freakin great! personally, last May he really blew me away at Space, that one is still prob my fave by a nose. but this one was right up there! maybe i was just already a little worn from the conference. who knows, but Tiesto rocks it like no other.

Guest JMT

[sigh]....so great to be present for that!  that night will always be a crazy memory, and i hear it was recorded and id like to get my hands on it.  anyone have it yet?

ive been looking adamantly.

Guest JMT

anyone could have met him right after his set, he was hangin on the terrace

no shit. wish i would have gone there.

i wonder if he would have remembered us from the meet and greet.

i was there for that, i might be able to ID that track if i heard it.  i dont have the set right now.

i agree, he uses the horn sparingly and at the most opportune time.

JOhn:

go to this site:

http://www.djtiesto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4726

The track I am speaking of is # 17 on this tracklist from his space this past 4th of July. Of course, it is the one with no ID. It is the song right before the Marco V track...

This track rox, and hearing it live, mmm....actually, I felt like a rubber band the entire night, like each track was stretching me...like Gumby, ya know---after all that dancing, it was an interesting sensation. (Dimaggio u know what im sayin? 8))

Guest web_norah
I've never said I hate trance. I just don't like the cheese trance, and also the cheese element of some of the crowd. Just like house has it's share of meatheads, trance has it's share of cheeseheads. Together they make a steak and cheese sandwich.

thank you Pod, you just summed it up for some of us ;D

This is the track that we filmed the music video for!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

yeah!  this song is going to blow up 4 sure...it's too good.  enjoy it now before the entire world and ruins it!  ;)

PS, did you know those vocals are actually BT!  Great collaboration

PSS I spoke to you a hour and a half ago and you said you were going to work. now youre home again. Are you a hooker, Carisa?