Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the not so positive highlights

Guest bcnjunkie

Guest bcnjunkie

I know everyone had a fun memorable moment, but how about the things that made you say "that's just wrong"

here's my list:

* Subliminal telling people they didn't care about pre-sale tickets and that it didn't count for anything

* Morillo not showing up to Space when he was the supposed mystery super star DJ

* Puff Daddy getting all hyped up about NY (At Crobar Subliminal party) and saying he came from the days of Paradise Garage (I can hardly Imagine Puffy hanging with Little Louie chatting about House, back in the day)

* The unwelcoming attitude clubs have sometimes with the visiting big name DJ's (heard lots of complaints, don't clubs realize these guys make the music that keep their clubs alive) & door people (then again what do they know about music ?, they could have the best producer in their face and they wouldn't know it)

* I saw at least 8 times people beign carried out by an ambulance because of overdose @ Ultra

Guest JMT

when I was leaving Space at 8:30am monday I saw some half naked chick who looked dead being shaken around by security outside in the backyard.  prob too much g.  i enjoy partying as much as the next guy but some people are just stupid.

ive actually heard of and seen pics of Puffy hanging out at Deep Dish shows in miami.   but he looked a little out of his element on the Ultra main stage in his steelers throwback.

Guest r3nz0
Why cant people understand that if your gonna use at least moderate yourself!!! Geez!!!! ::)

They didn't get the memo.

I agree, everything in moderation. But who really knows, maybe they slipped that shit in her drink and she couldnt handle it. Hope shes alright.

Anyway, my only negative was the fact that every venue was just way to packed to the point where you couldnt even move and it was extremely HOT. Of course its expected during conference, but I had to bitch about something.

Guest JMT
I agree, everything in moderation. But who really knows, maybe they slipped that shit in her drink and she couldnt handle it. Hope shes alright.

i know what you mean, that really does happen. this girl had some dude who looked like he was with her slapping her face to try and get a response. then he called over security. her lips were blue.

Guest bcnjunkie

Anyway, my only negative was the fact that every venue was just way to packed to the point where you couldnt even move and it was extremely HOT. Of course its expected during conference, but I had to bitch about something.

lol ;D, I thought Carl Cox party was well handled. (except behind DJ booth, were breathing was a problem)

i know what you mean, that really does happen.  this girl had some dude who looked like he was with her slapping her face to try and get a response.  then he called over security.  her lips were blue.

YES, it does happen. I know 3 chicks that have been drugged in the past. Luckily, they realized exactly what was happening to them and were able to react and get the hell out of there. Some arent so lucky.

:(

Guest pod

Yeah, among other things. The doorpeople there were treating it like a normal night at State. Presale tickets guaranteed swift entry, but it was pick and choose night at the door there.

please elaborate....i really wanted to go to this, but didn't.

The place was mobbed. Very hard to move around, very hot, people kept rudely bumping into me all night. We chilled behind the DJ booth, but it was impossible to even see Steve.

Besides that, the music was pretty awesome which was synched to the video and the sound was good. Cant really put a label on Lawlers new sound. Dirty House best describes it I guess. Whatever it is, I LIKE IT!!

Guest LeVeL

Eventually there will be those not so responsible people who get too fucked up on drugs and then makes the whole outlook in dance music seem like its only about that. But remember just like people who drink too much alcohol this situation happens to people all the time. When I always go out it never fails to see your drunk guy or drink girl acting stupid or getting let out of the venue.

So yeah its not so positive that the crowds were overwhelmingly huge, but its all part of the experience. If you want to experience it then you knew what to expect. Some of us have gone thru this before on prior WMC. So its not that postive but it was not even close to be as negative as people wish it was.

Yeah, among other things. The doorpeople there were treating it like a normal night at State. Presale tickets guaranteed swift entry, but it was pick and choose night at the door there.

Yeah, they even gave Dave and the No Cover crew a hard time trying to get in. Whats up with that??

Guest endymion
YES, it does happen. I know 3 chicks that have been drugged in the past. Luckily, they realized exactly what was happening to them and were able to react and get the hell out of there.

Two of my WMC guests were drugged in Orlando by some guys they had met on Thursday night and missed Radio One on Friday because they were trying to recover. That was a not-so-positive highlight.

Guest Diabolique
and people ask me why i skip the wmc.....

i think you just summed it up perfectly.. it's simple not worth it...

whatever...It's the only week of the year to hear the best of the best, sometimes several times over. Plus, it's like a reunion, with friends from all over.

Guest coach

Actually, I don't know that I had any negatives. Of course, I wish that I'd had more money to spend, but don't we all. Plus, I think we walked the entirety of South Beach twice per day for 5 days straight and my feet almost died (on the plus side, I lost a couple of pounds from all the exercises). It'd be nice if it were easier to park bikes around here without worrying about them getting stolen. Other than that, it was great!

Guest Diabolique

I had a great time, other than showing up too late to see Digweed @ Nerve. That, of course, is entirely my fault... :D

plus..mother nature was on our side, for the most part, thankfully...