Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the not so positive highlights

Guest bcnjunkie

Guest saintjohn
It'd be nice if it were easier to park bikes around here without worrying about them getting stolen.

maybe you should trade your shiny mountain bike for a rusty old beach cruiser with a ripped seat, two weather-checked tires, a bare handlebar, and a custom duct tape trim package.

Guest Diabolique

maybe you should trade your shiny mountain bike for a rusty old beach cruiser with a ripped seat, two weather-checked tires, a bare handlebar, and a custom duct tape trim package.

or do like they do in Europe, steal each other's bikes. All these bikes all over the cities, and no particular owner. works for me!

Guest coach

Heh! Speaking of which, when we gonna hit the trails, dude!

I agree, everything in moderation. But who really knows, maybe they slipped that shit in her drink and she couldnt handle it. Hope shes alright.

Anyway, my only negative was the fact that every venue was just way to packed to the point where you couldnt even move and it was extremely HOT. Of course its expected during conference, but I had to bitch about something.

I think that in the coming years, this will be the biggest problem with the winter music conference...

My low point was problems at State. Like Dan said, ticket holders were made to wait and I REALLY can't stand that old Italian woman that used to work the door at Nikkis. I saw even guestlist people had to wait and she was not nice about it, like as if she was doing them a favor. There there was some fool with long hilighted hair and some huge aviators that was just walking around like he was lost but I think he was supposed to be security.

Then I got inside, and it was HOT. It was packed, and people were just standing around like as if they were waiting for something.....so I just went up stairs to hear Stryke who NEVER disappoints. I go to chill with him and I notice that he's just playing CDs. Whats the deal? Well, appears there are no needles in the booth downstairs so he nicely lends them his. I have to get him the shirt that says "DJs dont share needles". He gets them back a while later and *GASP* one of them is broken!! Greg is PISSED at this point. Turns out those needles are very special and cannot be replaced. I think that was TOTALLY disrespectful and irresponsible. People need to treat shit that does not belong to them with curtesy.

wow, that's ridiculous.  now i'm glad i didn't go.

Well, all in all it was still a great night musically. Lawler tore shit up and it was probably one of his best sets yet, maybe barring a surprise patio set. Its just that Greg is a friend of mine and I took that personally, its not something everyone noticed. He was incredible even with the conditions he was forced to work with.

Well, all in all it was still a great night musically. Lawler tore shit up and it was probably one of his best sets yet, maybe barring a surprise patio set. Its just that Greg is a friend of mine and I took that personally, its not something everyone noticed. He was incredible even with the conditions he was forced to work with.

the silver lining! ;D

your experience will keep me away from state. sounds like there are some administrative problems there, i just can't stand that. ***crazy idea***: i think clubs should appreciate their guests (and the talent).

If they keep that italian chick there, I wont go back. I hate door politics and I never ask for favors. I probably could have gotten in by asking to be on Gregs list, or Diegos, but I like to support these events they way they should be. All I ask for is a little curtesy. Just because I dont schmooze up to the DJ's and promoters, doesn't mean I am SHIT. These people have to learn that. I was tired of hearing people asking to be on guestlists and whining about having to pay to get into places and standing outside the venues trying to pull strings. Being prepared should count for something.

If they keep that italian chick there, I wont go back. I hate door politics and I never ask for favors. I probably could have gotten in by asking to be on Gregs list, or Diegos, but I like to support these events they way they should be. All I ask for is a little curtesy. Just because I dont schmooze up to the DJ's and promoters, doesn't mean I am SHIT. These people have to learn that. I was tired of hearing people asking to be on guestlists and whining about having to pay to get into places and standing outside the venues trying to pull strings. Being prepared should count for something.

you're preachin to the choir. ;)

Guest sobe2004

please elaborate....i really wanted to go to this, but didn't.

I went to Lawler at STATE about 2:30 a.m. - no line at all and walked right in without paying . . . then went right up to VIP and had tons of room . . . main floor looked packed however . . .

Lawler @ STATE... Music was outta hand. The crowd was pretty fuckin rude, as well as the door crew. And i dont know about everyone else, but i kn0w that i definitely couldnt breathe with all the cig smoke in there, might as well name the place Marlboro. Not a good night for me and my group at all. :-/