Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The official space dj wish list..

V. Barbarino

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bcnjunkie

for the first time ever I can't believe I'm agreeing with Saleen, Shawn Rudnick doesn't get the respect he deserves !.  and yes pod Underworld would be  :D ;D 8) :D ;D 8)

by the way Saleen if you like Johnny Ramirez and Shawn Rudnick they both spin a very spaniard sound !

I know I stand alone, but I would add Juan Mejia !

Guest demo909
For my local jocks who get no respect... but they should..

1. demo

2. bside on the patio

3. jimmy t

4. sean rudnick..

5. matt spector

6. the dude, i saw at karma, i think something ramierz..

Thats a damn good line up :o

for the first time ever I can't believe I'm agreeing with Saleen, Shawn Rudnick doesn't get the respect he deserves !.  and yes pod Underworld would be  :D ;D 8) :D ;D 8)

by the way Saleen if you like Johnny Ramirez and Shawn Rudnick they both spin a very spaniard sound !

I know I stand alone, but I would add Juan Mejia !

SR plays nyc house.... for the most part...

Guest bcnjunkie

SR plays nyc house.... for the most part...

you obviously don't know the difference between sounds ! should you go to Spain you will hear alot of it ! produced by record labels like Big Black Beat !, this sound was introduced by Europeans, It really started in Italy and sold as "organic", it caught on worldwide but it's concentrated in the mediterranean again, maybe you heard it first in NYC but that's no NYC sound. Plus check who's tracks are on the DC-10 Circo Loco CD from Ibiza, again, NO CREDIBILITY

Guest web_norah

NY sound ..is there such a thing? i cant think of anyone that does that anymore...David Morales, Louie Vega, Tony Humphries, Danny Krivit...but locally, there is an influence but it aint anything large :o

Guest demo909
NY sound ..is there such a thing? i cant think of anyone that does that anymore...David Morales, Louie Vega, Tony Humphries, Danny Krivit...but locally, there is an influence but it aint anything large  :o

How about Ralphi Rosario, That Kid Chris, Angel Moreas, ADNY, DJ Vibe, Guido, Calderone 8)......just to name a few

Guest demo909
jr

morillo

choo choo

who da funk

jp

peter

victor

vega

tsettos has two cds of nyc house comming out

dave morales still does a ktu radio show

scribbles

anthony acid

corbett just did a new track

should i keep going?

Corbett is the shit.....his new track filters and drums is a sick track

Guest web_norah

How about Ralphi Rosario, That Kid Chris, Angel Moreas, ADNY, DJ Vibe, Guido, Calderone 8)......just to name a few

i honestly dont see how Dj Vibe could sound like a NY dj..his sets are largely comprised of Underground Sound of Lisbon, Lexicon Avenue, Silicon Soul & Iberican beats as much as it may be influenced by NY, i dont think it is at all a *classic* NY sound.....in 99 or earlier when he played a lot of Jr Vasquez music maybe - but def not now.

TKC and Angel Moraes (sort of). V Calderone hmmm not sure there....Ralphi Rosario, yeah..

Guest demo909

i honestly dont see how Dj Vibe could sound like a NY dj..his sets are largely comprised of Underground Sound of Lisbon, Lexicon Avenue, Silicon Soul & Iberican beats as much as it may be influenced by NY, i dont think it is at all a *classic* NY sound.....in 99 or earlier when he played a lot of Jr Vasquez music maybe - but def not now.

TKC and Angel Moraes (sort of). V Calderone hmmm not sure there....Ralphi Rosario, yeah..

DJ Vibe is responsible for producing some of the best tribal america and early twisted records of the early 90's......if thats not new york house or classic new york house.....then I don't know what is. His sets in Miami Vs. his sets in NYC (which I've heard several) are very different. Yes he tends to be deeper more stereo sounding in Miami.....but thats the sound of space.

Wait till you here his new release on twisted due out next month called "I'll take you there" featuring Franklin Fuentes.....it's quite the homage to the early days of house

Guest web_norah

thats what i meant about Vibe, *1999* early Tribal America, Jr Vasquez stuff as you mention....his last sets at Arc or even Space didnt sound like classic house or NY house (with the exception of the classics night he did with DT). maybe we should define the NY *classics*, as i said earlier...cos to me thats more like a Larry Levan or Danny Krivit, Body and Soul type-of-deal...

Guest web_norah

yeah Skribble is the Britney Spears cameo DJ on her Slave video....one hell of a cheesy DJ, complete with the wax eyebrow and the juicehead look...