Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I don't have time for my official reviews, but..

V. Barbarino

here is the good shit...

1. space, new system from Germany, don't know the name yet, no one in the states has one..

2. they will fill in the second floor, and make the current vip area a hip hop room

3. they will blow the wall out between the hip hop room and main room, and the old hip hop room will become the vip room, like old space

4. new lights..

5. jp vs og monday night at wmc, not confirmed yet, but i hope it goes threw. nyc vs maimi type of party

6. I think markus is back at space, maybe on the patio.. maybe i was drunk, but i swore i heard that

7. local jock will get to spin at space soon, at least thats what i'm hearing.. nyc house jock

8. jr v at nerve

9. dt vs og vs frankie knuckles at mynt, post dancestar awards, and it's nyc vs miami, vs chicago, all classics. priviate invite only!!!

10. crobar downtown bought mazes system and lights.

11. Mansion will go down to the wire... it may or may not open. They say it will, but many say it's going down to the wire..

12. space may have to close temporary due to a c.o. problem, but it makes sense, if the info about new main room are true.

13. *** update... I forgot, late March, a 12 hour marathon by roland at space....

thats all i got for now, i have one of my intelligence officers checking in today, and will add to this, and answer some questions.

enjoy

and remember this info comes from me, and me only not cooljunkie...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit, the Mansion is suppose to be open up very soon so Markus and Armin will play there for WMC, ughhhhhhhhhh this shit better go down!!

Damon 2.0

Guest tac13081
here is the good shit...

12. space may have to close temporary due to a c.o. problem, but it makes sense, if the info about new main room are true.

Lets hope so!

Guest ddg

i just wanna say thx for the peeps that post things they hear, shit i would never know of being all the way up in pb....so thank you saleen, norah and carisa and all the others that have posted "rumors"..be it true or false....i like being informed ;D

Guest endymion

Please be nice, kids. You're embarrassing the management. When people start fighthing in nightclubs and ruining the vibe, they get kicked out of the club.

Guest djdimaggio
Please be nice, kids.  You're embarrassing the management.  When people start fighthing in nightclubs and ruining the vibe, they get kicked out of the club.

[glow=red,2,300]Why can't Saleen just post whatever he wants(as long as the language is civil) and if you aren't in agreement with his statements, then let's agree that it's ok to disagree and be nice about communicating our disagreements. It's just an opinion. At least that's what $50,000 of psycho-therapy has taught me.  ;D

How 'bout that idea?[/glow]

Guest lyrik
The new sound system is a Dyncord Alpha Concept, from Dynacord in Germany, but sold through Electro-Voice here in the States, and installed by Lord and his team over at Infinite.

http://www.alphaconcept-dynacord.com/

http://www.goinfinite.com/

Whats your real opinion on it......EV has a pretty good rep here in the states and I have used their equip many times and have had a great time with their sound. What would you compare it to?

Guest endymion

Yes, exactly, M DiMaggio. Rational conversations that involve disagreements are welcome. Name calling and vitriol is not. We are building a national organization and the childish antics are embarrassing.

Do you guys really want the thousands of new Philly people to see crap like this as their first introduction to our community? When you meet new people from LA or San Francisco or Philly or New York at WMC, do you want them to think of you as one of those people who has nothing better to do than pick childish fights over who's more in-the-know?

Guest pod

To me, Electro-Voice makes great large-scale systems, but their smaller stuff leaves a lot to be desired. I had a chance to check out the Dynacord rig recently over at the Infinite warehouse, and I must say it's fantastic. Excellent definition in all frequency bands, and they provide a good physical feel to the sound without being overpowering.

The Dynacord boxes have custom EV drivers, but the cabinets, amps, and processors are designed independently of EV.

Guest web_norah

hey Pod what happened to the current sound system? i mean why would they want to change it? (i thought it was a good one).

inquiring minds ask :)

here is the good shit...

1. space, new system from Germany, don't know the name yet, no one in the states has one..

2. they will fill in the second floor, and make the current vip area a hip hop room

3. they will blow the wall out between the hip hop room and main room, and the old hip hop room will become the vip room, like old space

4. new lights..

5. jp vs og monday night at wmc, not confirmed yet, but i hope it goes threw. nyc vs maimi type of party

6. I think markus is back at space, maybe on the patio.. maybe i was drunk, but i swore i heard that

7. local jock will get to spin at space soon, at least thats what i'm hearing.. nyc house jock

8. jr v at nerve

9. dt vs og vs frankie knuckles at mynt, post dancestar awards, and it's nyc vs miami, vs chicago, all classics. priviate invite only!!!

10. crobar downtown bought mazes system and lights.

11. Mansion will go down to the wire... it may or may not open. They say it will, but many say it's going down to the wire..

13. *** update... I forgot, late March, a 12 hour marathon by roland at space....

thats all i got for now, i have one of my intelligence officers checking in today, and will add to this, and answer some questions.

enjoy

and remember this info comes from me, and me only not cooljunkie...

How is Mansion going to be ready for WMC? I heard that they did all this work to the club without any permits from the city and now they are screwed. Is their any truth to this?

How is Mansion going to be ready for WMC?  I heard that they did all this work to the club without any permits from the city and now they are screwed.  Is their any truth to this?

i don't know, but i do know some of their promoters are holding back their ads until they know whats up.

Guest pod
i'd add seating benches before adding a new sound system to Space...

the old rig will probably cost $$$$ top dollar -wont it?

Yep.

I'm a sound junkie myself, so I'll forgo benches for a new sound system. ;D

Guest web_norah

Pod thats cos you got the kings chair no matter what ...those of us that get to sit elsewhere suffer sometimes. thats why Nerve and Crobar are more comfy for those long clubbing hrs :P