Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I don't have time for my official reviews, but..

V. Barbarino

Guest web_norah

either way, prime king seating or any sort of seating, after countless hrs of dancing and or walking, HELPS ...and thats what space lacks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach
i agree 100%

Me too! Although I also agree that the sound system definitely needed some help.

Also, why is Mansion having trouble hitting deadline? Not enough people on the job or not enough money to get enough people on the job?

Guest endymion

One more vote for more seating. It's funny how the clubs try to control the male/female ratio by being rude to guys at the door and preferring mixed parties when they could easily attract more women by just making their clubs more high-heel-friendly.

Anybody here ever been to Jade? Cushy, inviting seating everywhere you look, women love the place.

Guest web_norah

what nights are good at Jade? i havent been there since their opening...i know they host different type of events there...

even without heels, seating is key ;)

Guest endymion

Jade is a lot of fun on Friday nights if you're not homophobic. Drag queens, metrosexuals and guys dressed up in fire inspector costumes.

The catch is that you can't hit on the guys dressed up in fire inspector costumes because as it turns out, they are real fire inspectors. Who knew? Great party though, lots of fun.

Saturdays are a mixed bag. They have been having a lot of parties for bi girls and the men who love them lately. The night to go all summer was the third Saturday of the month for Bliss but that's moved on to the Forge unfortunately.

One of the great things about Jade IMHO, and also the reason why Bliss had to move when it got so big (because of stellar promotion of course) is that the fire inspectors are SERIOUS. Man are they serious. They seriously will block entry when the top room is over capacity and they are there every night like clockwork. Big pain in the neck for the promoters but it keeps the place civil and totally comfortable and there is always a nice cushy couch somewhere that you can grab when you need one.

For the record I don't work for Jade and I don't promote for any party that's currently there. I just like the place, it's comfortable and fun at the same time.

We sure did deviate from the original topic, didn't we? I have no rumors to contribute, I am not in the know.

Guest klit
here is the good shit...

9. dt vs og vs frankie knuckles at mynt, post dancestar awards, and it's nyc vs miami, vs chicago, all classics. priviate invite only!!!

Damn can't believe did not notice this one when you first posted it. Maybe the party of the conference there even though its at mynt. Too bad its invite only >:(

Guest endymion
i had no idea Jade was still open

Jade appeals to sex people and the gay crowd, not dance music people. The place is barely a blip on the CoolJunkie radar.

Still a fun place though. Here are some upcoming Ecstatic Friday music-oriented events:

Friday, February 20th

Nicole Henry Band

Friday, February 27th

Pronto Moteo Jazz Jam Session

Friday, March 5th

Rose Max Brazilian Jazz

Guest web_norah

so, where do you find these listings for Jade, do they post on their website....? a friend of mine would love that Brazilian Jazz event.

One more vote for more seating.  It's funny how the clubs try to control the male/female ratio by being rude to guys at the door and preferring mixed parties when they could easily attract more women by just making their clubs more high-heel-friendly.

Anybody here ever been to Jade?  Cushy, inviting seating everywhere you look, women love the place.

what the hell are you talking about? Aren't we speaking about space? High heel crowd at space? Listen if you want comfort, either stay home and sit on the couch or buy a bottle in vip... clubs that have huge seating areas are boring, and kill the vibe.. << any club owner will tell you that. clubbing 101.... I've discussed this very issue with some club owner, and they all say the same thing, it kills the vibe...

Guest web_norah
Jade is a lot of fun on Friday nights if you're not homophobic.  Drag queens, metrosexuals and guys dressed up in fire inspector costumes.

The catch is that you can't hit on the guys dressed up in fire inspector costumes because as it turns out, they are real fire inspectors.  Who knew?  Great party though, lots of fun.

Saturdays are a mixed bag.  They have been having a lot of parties for bi girls and the men who love them lately.  The night to go all summer was the third Saturday of the month for Bliss but that's moved on to the Forge unfortunately.

One of the great things about Jade IMHO, and also the reason why Bliss had to move when it got so big (because of stellar promotion of course) is that the fire inspectors are SERIOUS.  Man are they serious.  They seriously will block entry when the top room is over capacity and they are there every night like clockwork.  Big pain in the neck for the promoters but it keeps the place civil and totally comfortable and there is always a nice cushy couch somewhere that you can grab when you need one.

For the record I don't work for Jade and I don't promote for any party that's currently there.  I just like the place, it's comfortable and fun at the same time.

We sure did deviate from the original topic, didn't we?  I have no rumors to contribute, I am not in the know.

so what kind of music is played on Fri and Sat??

Guest nickjunkie

what the hell are you talking about? Aren't we speaking about space? High heel crowd at space? Listen if you want comfort, either stay home and sit on the couch or buy a bottle in vip... clubs that have huge seating areas are boring, and kill the vibe.. << any club owner will tell you that. clubbing 101.... I've discussed this very issue with some club owner, and they all say the same thing, it kills the vibe...

That ain't about Space - you're right, at a large club seating around the dancefloor kills it (see State) but at a lounge venue it's essential to keep people there.

That ain't about Space - you're right, at a large club seating around the dancefloor kills it (see State) but at a lounge venue it's essential to keep people there.

Thus why they use the word "Lounge" to either describe them or it's right in their name.

But i think they were refering to Space...

"I'll tumble for ya, I'll tumble for yaaa"

sorry i have the 80's station on at work ;)

Guest JMT
Exactly. You don't go to Space to sit on your ass.

true, but occasionally its nice to have a place to park it for a bit, especially if you are with a date or something.

Guest web_norah
Exactly. You don't go to Space to sit on your ass.

whether it is crobar, Space or a lounge like Nerve, it is nice to have a spot for people to sit down, that is one of the reasons why the old Space venue and Crobar are comfortable places to hang at.....

Guest JMT

whether it is crobar, Space or a lounge like Nerve, it is nice to have a spot for people to sit down, that is one of the reasons why the old Space venue and Crobar are comfortable places to hang at.....

well well, we are in agreement on this issue, WN. ;)

Guest coach

Hmmm... so clubs are tanking left and right, as you yourself have proclaimed, and you are taking these guys' advice?