Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The weekdays of a CJ Clubber.....

Guest 731973lisaloca

Guest LISALOCA

It's obvious that most of us love to club, 8), and listen to Trance and House. But don't you guys ever wonder "What do these people do during the week(Mon.-Thur.)?"

I worked with a smart, conservative, and down to earth looking Dentist. And one day he told me that he always goes to Space for afterhours. :o I freaked out!!

I would have never thought that he was the type.

So that made me wonder what the hell!

Anyways it would be interesting to know what you guys do for a living.

Ex: I work at a Dental office and I'm a current student entering the medical field. I graduate June 2005.

Who ever hangs out with me will never think such thing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa, brilliant thread!  :o

I once read somethin like this, an article entitled DJs with dayjobs....

so yeah, wtf do we all do during the week.

Well, besides thinking about the upcoming weekend, I am a television producer here in NYC for a broadcast firm.  I produce various television productions, but mainly health and entertainment/lifestyle pieces.  I also spend a lot of time writing scripts and news releases and conceptualizing/supervising projects

I love my job...it's very intense, and I get to travel a lot throughout the US...Since high school I knew I was going to do this so I've been at it for awhile.

I also freelance for Cooljunkie in New York---

8)

But goddamn, I have a burning desire to be a DJ, even just once Id love to experience it....but as most of you know, the closest I get to that is in my imagination when im on the treadmill....(I'd be a very animated DJ like the Dutch Djs....)

Well, I actually came to South Florida as a singer on a cruise ship. I was only supposed to be here for a month...that was 3 years ago. Although singing/acting is still my passion I decided I liked the idea of knowing that I had enough money for my next meal. So now I work in the insurance industry...whoopdeedoo!!! Actually I like my job and try to do as much community theatre as possible on the side to keep me creative. However, now that I have discovered Miami the theatre has taken a backseat for a while and have my release on the dancefloor.;)

Guest trancelator

I work in the merchandising dept of an office supply company. I really like it b/c of the competitive environment and also for the free samples on computer accessories, furniture, food, etc. You get some nice perks working in a merchandising dept. I could only imagine what they would be like at a multimedia company! I get to travel a bit too so that is nice (especially since it is on someone else's dime).

Guest trancemonkey

)I find this thread very interesting, b/c I too always wondered what is it you party people do during the week. ::)

I am a physical therapist who is going to have a change in career and become a podiatry student in August of this year. (I got accepted 2 months ago, actually the day PVD came in November, so imagine how much I partied!!! ;D). I also enjoy my job because I get to talk to so many different people. This makes it a lot more interesting. (Although after partying all weekend, Mondays could be pretty hard. :)

Guest ogmiami

I work in the nightclub business. At the moment, I am building a new club in Downtown Miami called Nocturnal. Nightlife is my day job!

Guest LeVeL

Well during the weekdays.......I work fof Bellsouth Internet Services...........In Margate,FL. I am in charge of updating all of Bellsouth numerous databases....for our Help-Desk........If if there is an outage in the area.....I have to post it in the database for the Help-Desk can know what kind of response to give the customer if they call worried about their DSL Connection going down.

But other than that I do some side jobs here and there.....I am MCSE Certified with an Associates Degree in Computer and Electronics Engineering so I sometimes set-up networks for Businesses and do all sorts of other stuff. Other than that......I try to keep myself ready for the weekend by hitting up Lounges and Bars from all around South Florida...so yeah my weekends sometimes never end!!!

Guest JMT

very good topic.

I work up in west palm beach as an analyst for a mortgage company. financial reporting and all that great stuff. ::) I graduated from FSU with a business degree. so since work is so thrilling, im a real weekend warrior. I like to travel a lot for pleasure since i dont really for work. and im a rookie amateur-closet dj.

Guest zero

It seems like all of you have it nice. I just got fired from my last job, which i dont really care because it was pure bs. So if anyone knows of a job opening plz pm me,im me,or email me please. Right now im in miami dade community college studying paramedics/firefighter. And right now I've just been on the job search and chilling waiting for the weekend to come. ;D

Guest bcnjunkie

I have three jobs:

* I work for water systems & pool equipment wholsaler for latin america (sales)

* I keep the books for a fashion designer in NYC

* I work catering nights & weekends

busy !!

got ephedra? The reason I was in South Florida so much last year was because when Steve bechler died from taking Xenadrine, I was covering all the press coferences at the Broward County Coroners office.

that was really the kicker for all the ephedra buzz, and the ultimate ban.

Working people party too!  ;D

I'm in the Sports Nutrition business.

got ephedra?  The reason I was in South Florida so much last year was because when Steve bechler died from taking Xenadrine, I was covering all the press coferences at the Broward County Coroners office.  

that was really the kicker for all the ephedra buzz, and the ultimate ban.  

Yes. There's still two 2 months left for ephedra!

Guest coach

Hmmm... what I do is always a hard question to answer.

1) I organize mountain bike races in Florida.

2) I help produce a television show about mountain biking called Mountain Bike TV.

The above two can be found at www.mtbtv.com

3) I work for a multimedia production company called Clipped in Artists. TV, audio, photography, graphics, pretty much anything that can be done with a computer and a camera. It is the parent company for Mountain Bike TV.

4) I also have my own business coaching and event production business, Uncommon Times. www.uncommontimes.com.

5) Plus, I work with a new electronic music event production and DJ representation company called Ringmaster Productions, www.ringmasterproductions.com. We've got our first even coming up on Jan 31st.

6) And, I am working on a business plan for a "hangout" type of business for down in South Beach. I expect it to be going in a year or so.

I think that's it. And then I try to find some time to squeeze in a little clubbing.

Lets see what haven't I done since I moved here in early 2002.

My first job was a Lifeguard on the beach. Fun job barely paid the bills.

Then got a better job at an Internet company doing development and then got laid off since they were being investigated by the law.  :o

I tried my hand in being a financial advisor, but it sucked being in a suit every day and having to do sales. >:( Finance is not for me. I am too much of a tech head and free spirit

And now I do affiliate marketing for an internet company. Its okay but  I am still not content with this job.

I am trying to find a job where I don’t have to be stuck in an office all day. :'(

If anyone knows of a job that combines fitness, marketing, and technology.  Contact me I am your man. ;D

Other things I do.

Hobbies that I wish I got paid for.

Photograpghy and Competitive running

Hey CJ's,

B/C I'm new I found this topic perfect for me... I'am in the medical field and never thought I joing a fun group on line.  Hope to be welcomed by everyone!  ;)

I came down here for school, yeah that and the weather, sun, sand, palm beaches and the bitchessssssssssssss oh yeha, during the week, i just hit the gym, i have classes starting next week and looking for a job in the mean time, its a boring life, even though i have limited funds i still like to enjoy myself by going out on the weekends and going to the clubs, thats my life, the music and the clubs!!!

Damon 2.0

Guest djdimaggio
Hey CJ's,

B/C I'm new I found this topic perfect for me... I'am in the medical field and never thought I joing a fun group on line.  Hope to be welcomed by everyone!  ;)

[glow=red,2,300]WELCOME! :) :) :)[/glow]

Wanna trade?  ;D

Lemme see....you get into any club you want, get all the insider info before anyone does, get to meet high-profile dj's, and run a website about miami nightlife....I try to sell cruises to old people from Missouri. Sure, let's trade.

Guest ogmiami

Lemme see....you get into any club you want, get all the insider info before anyone does, get to meet high-profile dj's, and run a website about miami nightlife....I try to sell cruises to old people from Missouri.  Sure, let's trade.

Apotheosis makes your job sound pretty damn goo, Nick. Come to think of it, I'll trade with you too.