Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PAUL VAN DYK TO HEADLINE DJs ROCK THE VOTE

Guest djdimaggio

Guest djdimaggio

LOS ANGELES--Internationally acclaimed DJ and musician PAUL VAN DYK will headline the second annual DJs Rock the Vote show Thursday, February 5 at Avalon Hollywood (formerly The Palace) from 10 pm to 4 am as part of Rock the Vote's Grammy Week celebration that culminates in the 11th annual Rock the Vote Awards February 7. The event, held in association with BPM Magazine, will also feature live sets by Jerry Bonham and Dave Aude.

"We are very excited that Paul Van Dyk has donated his time and talents to this event, which in a short time has become a much-anticipated Rock the Vote tradition," said Rock the Vote president Jehmu Greene. "Paul's involvement is a great boost and compliment to Rock the Vote's ongoing efforts in reaching out to the millions of loyal electronic music fans. Last year’s stifling ‘RAVE Act’ really demonstrated the political activism of the electronic music community and we are certain that members of this community will turn out in droves for the 2004 elections.â€

Adds Paul Van Dyk, who grew up under East Germany’s Communist regime, “I am very excited to be part of the Rock the Vote campaign 2004. Since I grew up behind the Iron Curtain I know what it is like to live without the option to vote. The freedom to make a choice is the basic principle of our democratic world. I hope through my involvement to encourage as many as possible to register to vote in the 2004 presidential election.â€

In addition, Rock the Vote will film a Public Service Announcement with Paul Van Dyk to inspire his fans to register to vote, get educated on the issues they care about and vote on Election Day.

ABOUT ROCK THE VOTE:

Founded in 1990 by leaders of the recording industry, Rock the Vote is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to protecting freedom of expression and empowering young people to change their world. Rock the Vote works with music artists, actors and entertainment industry leaders to energize young people about participating in the political process. Rock the Vote’s national Community Street Team network engages thousands of young people as political activists in their community: organizing, educating, and registering voters at concerts, community festivals, campuses, coffee shops and street corners. Rock the Vote’s goal is to make young voters a key battleground in the 2004 elections. Rock the Vote is headquartered in Los Angeles with an office in Washington, D.C.

[glow=red,2,300]REGISTER TO VOTE...IT'S YOUR COUNTRY TOO! :) [/glow]

Guest pod
put the wall back up, and send his ass back to germany...

Those were the glory days, when there was a wall, and we had a coherent enemy in the form of the goddamncommunists. ;D

What your problem with Pvd saleen ?

besides dj nv, pvd, goes down as the worst dj i've ever seen....

this was one of the two nights ever, that i paid to get into space. And i'm still mad about it. It was so bad, i threw napkins at him, and the moment he got on the patio got packed with refuges from the main room at old space.

Guest tranceman

I dont understand that las line but i guess we are all different so just have fun with whoever you like ! maybe we can meet and discuss more.

Guest JMT

i love PVD as a dj, hes great. but personally i hope this doent turn into some "soapbox" event. i dont give a flying f*** about his political opinions, as i generally dont care about any a-hole american actors' either. ive already heard his pro-germany, anti-bush bs in interviews. hes not an american. stick to what your paid for. just like i wouldnt ask my dentist for stock advice. but if all hes trying to do is get people involved in voting, thats cool.

Guest LeVeL

JMT chill out all the guy is doing is DJ for it can get young peoples attention to vote at the event.........Its not about him being German.........and its not about if Saleen liking the guy or not.

Its about getting Young people like me and you to have a saying in this Novembers Elections. I dont know about you guys but I am getting sick and tired of having an old fart decide all our laws and tell us what we can and not do.

I mean recently the Rave Act Law was passed without any of our consent it was passed like nothing. These are the same people who are making it harder for us young people to live our lives these days. So we should do our duty and Vote to make a stand that we have a voice too. We are the future dam it!!!

This event is probably hosting PVd and Dabe Aude ect..but this event is meant to make young people vote. You guys are here talking about PVD like hes the whole reason for the whole event.

This shit is hilarious..........

Guest JMT

dude, im chill dont worry. i hear you. buy ive heard his bs before, thats all im saying. AND thats why i also included that last line in my post. im already a registered voter, a dj doesnt/shouldnt need to help me along. all im doing is giving my 2 cents. thats what makes this country great.

Guest JMT

.....im not trying to be argumentative here. i agree the rave act was bs. (wasnt it passed as a part of the Amber Alert bill? i dont think there was much we could do as voters for that anyway.) im just commenting on how i hope PVD (whom i love as a dj) is not trying throw some of his politics out there (and back, lol), thats all. i mean, it IS called "DJ's rock the vote."

i love PVD as a dj, hes great.  but personally i hope this doent turn into some "soapbox" event.  i dont give a flying f*** about his political opinions, as i generally dont care about any a-hole american actors' either.  ive already heard his pro-germany, anti-bush bs in  interviews.  hes not an american.  stick to what your paid for.  just like i wouldnt ask my dentist for stock advice.  but if all hes trying to do is get people involved in voting, thats cool.  

WERD....

Guest saintjohn
if all hes trying to do is get people involved in voting, thats cool.  

rock the vote is supposedly "a non-profit, non-partisan organization," but the group does have an agenda beyond simply registering young voters. rtv's "voter education" efforts are thinly-disguised democrat advertising - check the blog on the rtv website, for example. obviously, the people who run the organization have every right to express their opinions (and to recruit pvd to help draw people to their events), but they are in no way non-partisan. while i happen to agree with many of their views, it's dishonest for them to claim to be neutral. liberal activism is an important part of this country's political scene, so why should rtv pretend to be non-partisan? oh, yeah, there's that non-profit, tax-exempt thing . . .

anyway, i don't mean to discourage attempts to get more people involved in the political process. registering voters is important, but unless people really understand the potential consequences of their votes, what's the point? if a significant number of people register and vote just because it's cool (or because pvd said so), we're all in big trouble.

Guest JMT

rock the vote is supposedly "a non-profit, non-partisan organization," but the group does have an agenda beyond simply registering young voters.  rtv's "voter education" efforts are thinly-disguised democrat advertising - check the blog on the rtv website, for example.  obviously, the people who run the organization have every right to express their opinions (and to recruit pvd to help draw people to their events), but they are in no way non-partisan.  while i happen to agree with many of their views, it's dishonest for them to claim to be neutral.  liberal activism is an important part of this country's political scene, so why should rtv pretend to be non-partisan?  oh, yeah, there's that non-profit, tax-exempt thing . . .

anyway, i don't mean to discourage attempts to get more people involved in the political process.  registering voters is important, but unless people really understand the potential consequences of their votes, what's the point?  if a significant number of people register and vote just because it's cool (or because pvd said so), we're all in big trouble.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. you hit the nail right on the head and i totally agree. thats what i was getting at.