Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oscar g at voodoo review...

V. Barbarino

Guest LeVeL
Night was perfect huh Salteen ::). well I guess if going to see a boring ass House Dj and not getting even one piece of any of the "ass that was sick in there" is your idea of a good night  :-/ (oh sorry my bad you got kiss Oscar G ass all night  ;D) then hats off to ya my friend.

Come on Salteen do you expect us to believe that there would actually be even one decent looking girl in the same room as you were in please :-/.

Stop sugar coating those boring as house clubs. nobody is going to believe that they reach anywhere near the energy levels(or amount of hot girls) as a GOOD trance venue.

50 cents remix, come on dude this guy must have access to zillions of records and all he can think of is 50 cents and milk shake remixes what a joke. either that or he figured the people who go to that venue are such dumbasses that they wouldn't know the difference between good house music or bad house music.

Also One last thing I love Trance Man but you sure are one immature little puppy. Your negative insults will not get you anywhere. Try proving a point by doing it in a maturer level. Eventually if you keep on showing up with these insults your gonna catch the attention of the Moderators. So If I was u I would criticize someone in a better tone.  

Guest pod

Good point, Levelistic.

I could easily rip into trance in a similar fashion, but I usually "keep it nice"...hell, as a matter of fact, I occasionally attend a trance event to see what the ruckus is about.

I wouldn't say trance has more energy, it's just a different sort of energy. House DJs like Oscar can get them moving...not to mention what Bad Boy Bill did to Space last night..like a trance event you have people on top of the blocks, on the bar, and then some...for a house DJ...actually, I'd dare any trance DJ to bring it like Bill does.

And it's not always about the "energy" either...sometimes people are in the mood for something mid-range, or deep...they want to go out, but not feel like they ran a supermarathon afterwards...again, it's not always about the "energy"...in the end it's about going out and enjoying yourself!

Good point, Levelistic.

I could easily rip into trance in a similar fashion, but I usually "keep it nice"...hell, as a matter of fact, I occasionally attend a trance event to see what the ruckus is about.

I wouldn't say trance has more energy, it's just a different sort of energy. House DJs like Oscar can get them moving...not to mention what Bad Boy Bill did to Space last night..like a trance event you have people on top of the blocks, on the bar, and then some...for a house DJ...actually, I'd dare any trance DJ to bring it like Bill does.

And it's not always about the "energy" either...sometimes people are in the mood for something mid-range, or deep...they want to go out, but not feel like they ran a supermarathon afterwards...again, it's not always about the "energy"...in the end it's about going out and enjoying yourself!

Pod's best post yet! ;D

Guest JMT

cant we all just get along?

obviously the house-trance debate will never end, just be respectful of others opinions and cut out the negativity of you dont agree. 8)

I have tons of respect for those guys. they are superstars in there fields. i think it's detrimental to house music  to play bullshit remixes(it insults the people who actually know what good house sounds like) but i guess they have earned the right to.

so if u know what good music is why are u listening to Trance? :P

i think Oscar is one of the BEST djs around...when he is in the booth, no one works harder and changing and working the track to its full potential...just my .02 cents..

Guest lyrik
stop bickering its gay , and also badboybill is a techno dj .  

::) ???  Ahhhhh nope...he may throw in a few techno tracks here and there but Bill is definitely House.

And as for all this non-sense about what should and shouldn't be played....I say it comes down to one thing....production quality, regardless of if its an original or remix, bootleg or what have you. There are tons of crap remixs out there and there are tons of original works I would never consider placing on the turntable and then there are great remixs and original works out there too.....point is....if it sounds good, it sounds good. Dance music is about having fun and being able to loosen your spirit up. Honestly, if its done right a nice house remix of a hip hop track is something I enjoy very much.....perfect example is Chris Lum's - Bring the pain and yes....Todd Terry's rmx of 50 cents in da club is great...what Todd  does to the original work is so funky and jumpin.

Its so funny sometimes to see people when they first get into the dance music scene....it almost always starts with some type of elitism and exclusion of other music. People sometimes forget  their roots. I'll say it again, and time and time again......as for house the building blocks, DNA so to speak of the music is Hip-Hop, R & B, Soul, Funk, Disco, and Jazz ....the great thing about dance music is that it can and does draw from every genre and it is a free art form that allows for experimentation. So relax and let yourselves have fun, except the music for the purpose it was created.

Guest vanbuurenfan

u know what? just to piss some of you off im gonna get on my ATOMIX today and mix some songs, this is the playlist in order:

1.robotic intro

2.as the rush comes

3.milkshake

4.punk

5.esa negra tiene un tumbao

6.all eyez on me

7.behind blue eyes

8.dont speak

9.right thurr

10.dark beat

11.p.i.m.p.

12.satellite

13.no me queda mas

and to finish off ill throw in a little busta rymes for andrew c! ;D 8)

christ almighty...you know, we all come together for the love of our music that is uniquely ours. well, what the f*ck???? i guess it's human nature to put other people down. and that's pretty f*ckin sad. by the way, i LOVE trance. and i LOVE house. oscar g tore it up at voodoo the other night, and ferry corsten blew the roof off of space the other night. trance and house, they're both incredible types of music. neither is ALL good, and goddammit i know every trance head has a few house tracks that make them bounce up and down, and every house fan has some trance tunes that they love. let's chill out before there's a "cool junkie house" forum and a "cool junkie trance" forum. cause that would suck.

Guest JMT
christ almighty...you know, we all come together for the love of our music that is uniquely ours.  well, what the f*ck????  i guess it's human nature to put other people down.  and that's pretty f*ckin sad.  by the way, i LOVE trance.  and i LOVE house.  oscar g tore it up at voodoo the other night, and ferry corsten blew the roof off of space the other night.  trance and house, they're both incredible types of music.  neither is ALL good, and goddammit i know every trance head has a few house tracks that make them bounce up and down, and every house fan has some trance tunes that they love.  let's chill out before there's a "cool junkie house" forum and a "cool junkie trance" forum.  cause that would suck.

SO TRUE!! sometimes we get WAY too technical here and forget the music is all about one thing, HAVING A GOOD TIME.

Guest bcnjunkie
Jr vasquez did the milkshake

DT plays the 50 cents..

but go ahead and tell me any trance dj is more respected globaly then dt or jr....

what do you know about global anything ???

Guest bcnjunkie

::) ???  Ahhhhh nope...he may throw in a few techno tracks here and there but Bill is definitely House.

And as for all this non-sense about what should and shouldn't be played....I say it comes down to one thing....production quality, regardless of if its an original or remix, bootleg or what have you. There are tons of crap remixs out there and there are tons of original works I would never consider placing on the turntable and then there are great remixs and original works out there too.....point is....if it sounds good, it sounds good. Dance music is about having fun and being able to loosen your spirit up. Honestly, if its done right a nice house remix of a hip hop track is something I enjoy very much.....perfect example is Chris Lum's - Bring the pain and yes....Todd Terry's rmx of 50 cents in da club is great...what Todd  does to the original work is so funky and jumpin.

Its so funny sometimes to see people when they first get into the dance music scene....it almost always starts with some type of elitism and exclusion of other music. People sometimes forget  their roots. I'll say it again, and time and time again......as for house the building blocks, DNA so to speak of the music is Hip-Hop, R & B, Soul, Funk, Disco, and Jazz ....the great thing about dance music is that it can and does draw from every genre and it is a free art form that allows for experimentation. So relax and let yourselves have fun, except the music for the purpose it was created.

Wow ! couldn't agree with ya more !, but I don't know about it's dna coming from Hip Hop & RnB. Disco, Funk, Jazz, Soul & latin sounds yes