Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Acosta at Level this friday!!

Guest vanbuurenfan

Guest vanbuurenfan

8) now i know what im gonna hear from some of you and it goes like this......"TRANCE IS FOR LOSERS/IT SUCKS!/BABIES/GLOWSTICK WAVING PILL POPPING LOSERS!!!!!!!.(feel free to add anything u wish) but the fact of the matter is i would LOOOOOOOOVE nothing more than to have a friday trance night at level than the alternative wich is DJ HEADACHE spinning hip hop in the main room!!

VIVA LA TRANCE BABY!!!!

are u with me saleen ;D !!!!!!

Guest vanbuurenfan
of all the Trance djs in Miami...they pick Acosta??

my prediction: that place will empty....Acosta sucks and is overrated...he use to be such a good dj...what the hell happened?

now dont get me wrong, im not a big acosta fan. but i think they need to do something other than hip hop in that club on fridays. i would even go for some house. ;D

but as saleen put it. trance is way better. 8)

Actually I belive GA is a solid bet for the first night of the new Level. Yeah AVB was just a tease, now they need to follow up with something solid. Can you name some other local Trance DJ that is recognized as much as GA? The only other name I can think of right now is Edgar V but he has his own gig at Crobar on Friday's.

Actually I belive GA is a solid bet for the first night of the new Level. Yeah AVB was just a tease, now they need to follow up with something solid. Can you name some other local Trance DJ that is recognized as much as GA? The only other name I can think of right now is Edgar V but he has his own gig at Crobar on Friday's.

just to let u know...GA at Level was tried...and it failed...but if u wanna try AGAIN with a failing formula...its all u....same if they use Padilla...its been tried and it failed...u want a trance dj that people know? MARKUS SCHULTZ...100x's better than Acosta, and MS doesnt do those corny 99-2000 "Praise the Dj poses" ::)

You're partially right. Last time I saw GA at Level it wasn't good. Alas, I wasn't feeling MS set at Level when he was opening to AVB either. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great. Tough call, really but things might turn around with Space shutting down and people seeking alternatives.

Also, I do not see GA going overboard with poses. If that's his way to express himself, so be it. AVB was queenning out pretty hard as well. I've known to liquid behind the decks when I spin and people love it. What is the big deal?

Also, I do not see GA going overboard with poses. If that's his way to express himself, so be it. AVB was queenning out pretty hard as well. I've known to liquid behind the decks when I spin and people love it. What is the big deal?

LOL...if u have to ask about it? u just dont know....GA is an ego-maniac plain and simple...the man needs constant assurance from his fans...problem is he lost it shortly after he began Level...

Guest jdjr107

I've said it before and I’ll say it again ! GA Sucks ass !! I'm embarrassed that he actually named his new album Miami ! I'm sick and tired of Miami always being associated with crap ! First GE's Conga (yeah we all loved it at one point but do you really want to hear that song every time Miami is mentioned) now GA, he did alright at SL the whole "beach ball" track thing but seriously... give it up.

Guest undertaker

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY SUCKS IN THIS TOWN, NOBODY APPRECIATES WHAT IT PRODUCES. WHICH MEANS NO ONE FEELS PROUD OF WHERE THEY COME FROM. EVERYONE APPRECIATES WHAT COMES FROM OUT THERE. INSTEAD THERE IS A BIT SUPPORT, WHICH BRINGS UNION TO THIS TOWN. THINK ABOUT WHEN DJ'S FROM EUROPE WHEN THEY COME OUT WITH PRODUCTIONS FOR THE PUBLIC IN THERE OWN COUNTRY. WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE SO BIG AND POPULAR, BECAUSE THEY GET ALL THE SUPPORT IN THE WORLD FROM THERE HOMETOWN.

NOW I UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN OPINION, BUT DON'T SHIT ON YOUR OWN TOWNS TALENT THAT TRY HARD. I'M NOT TRYING TO GET ANYONE AGGRIVATED, I'M ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT DON'T PREFER TO LISTEN TO GEORGE ACOSTA. I WILL SUPPORT HIM AND WHO EVER THAT PROJECTS TALENT AND DRIVE FROM THIS TOWN. MIAMI HAS GROWN IMENSLY IN THE INDUSTRY IN THE PAST FEW YEARS, MORE THAN ANY OTHER NATION IN THE WORLD IN SUCH SHORT TIME. MUSIC CONFERENCE IS THE BIGGEST GATHERING OF INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS IN THE WORLD. THERE IS NO OTHER PLACE ON EARTH LIKE HERE. LETS MAKE MAKE THIS TOWN RULE, SO WE CAN GET EVEN MORE RESPECT.

AS YOU MIGHT KNOW NIGHT LIFE IS DYING SLOWLY HERE. IT'S NOT THE WAY IT USED TO BE, BUT WE CAN A FUCKING MAKE A DIFFERENCE. PEACE!! WORDS FROM THE ONE THAT CARES.

Guest ogmiami

Here we go again........what's wrong with you people? Why do you have to attack each other as well as the DJ in question? Let's go back to the way it was here in the early days of SoBe....one commercial sound played over and over at every club. I don't care what type of Dance Music you like as long as you like some sort of Dance.

What I find really funny is that some of you are DJs and have the nerve and bad taste to judge a guy who has acheived more than most of you ever will.

Just a note: I'm opening another club soon and I would never give a slot to a guy who has that little respect for other DJs.

Guest klit

It sucks that acosta gets little support from miami where in most places gets a lot more and at the end he still ends up promoting miami by releasing his cd under that name. The guy loves miami obviously and lots of people like his music. It used to be my type of music, now not so much but at least once a year i try and check out a performance from him. He was good at ultra a year ago and at the touched cd release party had the room jumpin till 5 so don't hate on the guy. Like i said its not my type of music, but once in a while you do something different and you enjoy it. Besides what he plays is not worlds apart from what other trance djs such as edgar v, talla 2xlc, and tons of others so i don't get how some people will completely hate him and love those that play similar songs that he plays.

.  I don't care what type of Dance Music you like as long as you like some sort of Dance.

Just a note:  I'm opening another club soon and I would never give a slot to a guy who has that little respect for other DJs.

Dade, very well stated from a respected point of view.  I am for all kinds of music  and clubs since a variety and competition of DJ's makes people produce better products and thus gets the local scene more recognition globally.

I really think that the local scene needs to open their eyes to quality music and Dj's and just  not the big clubs and worldwide  top rated Dj's.  I can  go to Space and see  Oscar G  and Roland with 2000 others, but if they play anywhere else  ie: Life-  local people  do not suport them.    

I also think people need to just go wherever the quality  music is  be it at  Nerve, Space or the small club down the block.  I think a good cure for all the jaded Miami  clubbers would to go back and live in a City that has a nightlife but doesn't get good DJ's and then come back and realize what  talented Dj's we get to see weekly.

Guest pod

I'll wholeheartedly confess to having some good nights when GA spun at Level. At the time he hired me out to do a few shoots for him, so I showed up from time to time...of course some of it was spent getting trashed with Ariel, but those were the breaks...:)

At least it's not hip-hop!

Guest r3nz0
I rather ride a bike with no seat, just the seat post down a bumpy 12,000 foot moutain, then go see GA...

By the way I do have an opinion, and Dade usually never likes it ;D

12,000 feet?!:o Now you're just getting crazy!!! I've never done that on more than 11,500!!

I'll wholeheartedly confess to having some good nights when GA spun at Level. At the time he hired me out to do a few shoots for him, so I showed up from time to time...of course some of it was spent getting trashed with Ariel, but those were the breaks

i bet u have some GREAT stories about GA.... ;)

Guest ogmiami
I rather ride a bike with no seat, just the seat post down a bumpy 12,000 foot moutain, then go see GA...

By the way I do have an opinion, and Dade usually never likes it ;D

See, that's where you're wrong. I'm thrilled that you have an opinion. Sometimes I don't agree with it but I always respect it.

What bothers me is the total disrespect of the DJs and each other. On another board I read a post from a DJ named Oscar F saying that Oakenfold was shit and that "I could out spin him with one CD deck" or something like that. C'mon....I'll bet Oakey is shaking in his shoes. You may not like Oakey or GA but you should respect what they have done....especially if you're an up-and-coming DJ.

But, what do I know?

Guest demo909

See, that's where you're wrong.  I'm thrilled that you have an opinion.  Sometimes I don't agree with it but I always respect it.

What bothers me is the total disrespect of the DJs and each other.  On another board I read a post from a DJ named Oscar F saying that Oakenfold was shit and that "I could out spin him with one CD deck" or something like that.  C'mon....I'll bet Oakey is shaking in his shoes.  You may not like Oakey or GA but you should respect what they have done....especially if you're an up-and-coming DJ.

But, what do I know?

Well said! ;)

I often wonder why people have to be so negative on public forums. Everyone is certainly entitled to an opinion, but why the need to attack and belittle?

What is even more silly, is that most of the people here don't even know George A or any of the other folks they bash. Others read this stuff and come away with a pretty bad impression. Stupid...

Based on what I know of GA (I was on 2 of the same record labels with him in the 90's and did a radio station in SoBe with him..90.9fm), he cares deeply for the music. George has done A LOT to further the genre and open the ears of many who would otherwise not listen.

Personally, I don't care much for trance (or anything else "mainstream") but a difference of opinion does not make one person right and the other wrong; just different. Accept it and try not to hate..

Besides, less Hip Hop is a good thing ;)