Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CLUB SPACE TO CLOSE OCT 11TH FOREVER!

V. Barbarino

Guest sarahcj

Oh noooo! I think it's really sad as it's only been open a few months. I am sure that some savvy investor will snap up the venue soon, but it certainly seems like the rave act or whatever bill they have now called it is starting to have an effect.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spacedout

It is all BS. They have been having final inspections on the constuction at Space and the city has been busting their balls over nonsense. Impact fees and fire BS.It is amazing how any biz can open up in Miami with impact fees, sewer line changes to be paid for by new biz---it is nuts! They are using this as a political tool to get them off their back. And it happens to be a smart move on Space's part.Hell they spent over 3 million dollars on this---you really think they are going to shut down? NO WAY and if you believe that they are shutting down I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn!

Very good point SpacedOUt.

From a bussiness point it will be great to close the club, have a HUGE clossing party, have all types of media cover the story (I hear about it in 92.3 fm, they played old school spanish music [dont ask why I was listening to it]) and then some time in the near future open the joint up again.

But still, the thought of it clossing...

Guest felipebras

I called Tom the patio bartender and he is gonna be giving me the inside scoop on the issue... He is always well informed since he's been there since the begining. As soon as I know so will you guys...

Keep partying!!!

Guest shannon_coolj.
Very good point SpacedOUt.

From a bussiness point it will be great to close the club, have a HUGE clossing party, have all types of media cover the story (I hear about it in 92.3 fm, they played old school spanish music [dont ask why I was listening to it]) and then some time in the near future open the joint up again.

But still, the thought of it clossing...

like i said earlier in the post---"PUBLICITY STUNT"

but it also gets cooljunkie some press!! see for yourself

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/6920462.htm

Guest shannon_coolj.
Although it may reopen fairly soon, it's not a publicity stunt.

well, it seems your probably right. i can understand louis' positiion though...too much bad press and the rave laws, which can get a club owner into a lot of trouble or a lot of debt.

it sucks! space was a legendary venue.

Guest pod

Oscar's live CD recording tonight kicked ass. Reminded me of how much I'll miss Space 34, no matter what happens there in the next few weeks.

Guest LeVeL

Well I was listening to the Global Deejay Broadcast with Markus, and he announced the closing of Space 34 next Saturday, now my jaw dropped when I heard this, my perspective was that it was a Joke. But it is really true, this Club has brought so much Happy Nights in my life, I will definetely miss the Residents. I will definetely miss seeing Paul Van Dyk, Dj Tiesto, Steve Lawler, Danny Tenaglia, Mauro Picotto these deejays wiill be missed especially playing in a sound system as good as Space had. Now what can us Clubbers do we suddenly punished for some peoples wrong doings.......now the question that I ask is what club will Step up and provide us with high quality deejays and electronic music performers that Space was bringing to us every Month. Will Crobar step up and stop playing so much house. Wil Level finally wake up from the ruins and make us want to go to that Venue again. Will Maze be the one to provide us with the Hottest Deejays in the world. Or will Opium do something. Now I hear that Crobar is gonna take over the Old Space Venue in Downtown.......now is that gonna be a new place for us clubbers to reminisce all them days we spent in Space. Wow I am so Hurt I can belive this is happening to Our City.........You know I felt that Space was like a Home.....there was a venue that I felt more comfortable being in that Space.......now lets see what happens from this.....

Guest pod

crobar isn't buying the old space building...no one is at the moment, and even if they did, it would be nothing like the old space inside. I can see it now, it becomes like Avalon Miami or something, and this board will be filled with people whining that it's nothing like the old Space.

Level may "step up" soon, but the fact that it closes at 5 AM limits the possibilites for truly monster sets in some cases.

Opium? Nah, they've got something that earns them $$$ now...and any quality DJs are being routed over to Level (soon to be Mansion...). Though a certain UK twosome may be there next month.

Maze? Maybe at some point in the past, but I don't have much hope for the venue now.

My current hopes for Miami rest with Nocturnal, whatever opens in the Space 34 building, and this mysterious club called Privilege, which is booking Christian Smith on December 13.

Guest klit

Pod privelege is over on a couple of sites with their bookings. Also worth finding more info about is the playboy theatre which on nov 7th has steve porter and trendroid scheduled to play. Things are looking interesting for the future in miami.

Guest LeVeL

Well Guys, can you tell me, What is exactly going on with Club Leve........are they gonna change the Name. What is going to be there night of Preference. What Club is gonna bring us the Big Name Dee-Jays like..Paul Van Dyk, Dj. Tiesto, Mauro Picotto, Deep Dish........ Also what is Oscar G. going to do now. Is he going to be hired to be a resident Deejay somewhere else in a Club in Miami. You know Space 34 had so much marketing behind the name. That not only is it going to effect us.....But also rising dee-jays like Roland. You know I am so hurt by this decision. Now one more question is Loius Puig going to Open another Venue. Or is this the end for him.

Guest vanbuurenfan
Well Guys, can you tell me, What is exactly going on with Club Leve........are they gonna change the Name. What is going to be there night of Preference. What Club is gonna bring us the Big Name Dee-Jays like..Paul Van Dyk, Dj. Tiesto, Mauro Picotto, Deep Dish........ Also what is Oscar G. going to do now. Is he going to be hired to be a resident Deejay somewhere else in a Club in Miami. You know Space 34 had so much marketing behind the name. That not only is it going to effect us.....But also rising dee-jays like Roland. You know I am so hurt by this decision. Now one more question is Loius Puig going to Open another Venue. Or is this the end for him.

homie relax! take a deep breath and count 2 ten!! :o repeat after me....."everything is gonna be ok" "everything is gonna be ok" ;D u will survive this!

Guest pod

I think he's gonna have a heart attack.

Level is being renamed to Mansion in December.

Don't worry about your big DJs, they'll be playing at a club near you soon.

Guest LeVeL

Guys I will relax.............lol. So where is Priveledge gonna be located. And is Maze going down soon. ???%7Boption%7D

Guest becha

I'm having a little trouble believing that a successful club like space would decide to close their doors due to negative press. Even if the raid was a success and few people got busted why would you close down your doors based on that. They're not being forced to close are they?

I would have to say that there is a lot more going on here than we are being told. The most successful club in all of Florida doesn't close because they don't like the negative press they're getting.......

Either this is a huge publicity stunt for an upcoming project or the owners are in more shit than they say.

Guest nickjunkie

Privilege Miami has nothing to do with Privilege Ibiza. Pacha also seems unlikely right now.