Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Zabiela kicked ass

Guest pod

My god that guy is a maniac up there...that poor CDJ-1000 had no idea what hit it last night...the crowd didn't either, but they enjoyed it nonetheless...after some minor technical issues with the visuals, the night went extremely well. Ariel has to fix his scooter though, the damn thing only goes 25 MPH.

8)

I was waiting for that  ;D

He's British, not European, there's a big difference...British folk are hospitable, fun, and all around cool people...the euurrroooo traaasshhh people are on the mainland and are the source of your bias :)

James totally kicked butt. It was one of the not many times I truly enjoyed house music.

The little bikini contest went pretty well too. Definetly got my attention.

I wanted to say hi to some junkies but I don't know how any of them look like, except for Nick whom I met at Space once. You people need to wear those t-shirts again.

Guest shannon_coolj.

UK has zero hot chicks, thus euroooooooooooooo trashhhhhhhh ;D

yeah saleen...zero hot chicks in the uk---what about elizabeth hurley, catherine zeta jones (wales) and SARAH from CJ---ALL hot girls!!

anyway, i'm so sad i missed james! when i saw him at crobar the first time, he was one of the few djs that throughly impressed me. i really missed out! :'(

Guest isabela

No doubt the guy has got super skillz behind the decks but after listening to his entire set I'd have to say it was only ok...  It had its moments.... there were two different occaisions when the energy on the dance floor just disappeared.  I've always had issues with his selection and Friday night confirmed it once again.  He might be the most talented DJ in the world technically but for me selection means everything.

Guest ramon

i've seen and heard james a couple of times and unfortunately friday he was just ok. he had some great tracks but overall it was just ok. I'm sure he'll be back to show us why he rocks so much. More breaks and techno please? :)

More breaks and techno please? :)

exactly, overall I think his performance was very good. He did lose some people a few times, but I think the best part of his set was the first hour with a few other momemts in there.. More breaks and crazy sysnths and scratchin like he dropped at the begin and it would have been a 10. Looking forward to next time.

i've seen and heard james a couple of times and unfortunately friday he was just ok. he had some great tracks but overall it was just ok. I'm sure he'll be back to show us why he rocks so much. More breaks and techno please? :)

Like Ramon said, he was good. He was better last time I heard him. As far as more breaks and techno.....

HELLO?!?!?! His set was very similar to something that I hear every Friday at Venu, with Stryke, Merlyn, Wendel, AshRock, DBJ......that REALLY get down and dirty. People in there were jamming like as if thats the first time breaks have been offered to them.

That just goes to show, that it takes a UK DJ in a trendy club to get a buzz going.....

Some of you should take a trip up there one day to see the pure love and energy that the real breaks fans show.

Instead of me being one of the only ones bouncing all over the place, not afraid to mess up my hair and makeup, I am just one of the crowd.......

Oh Lord...Trouble is posting here now???? We are all in trouble.

Girl, you know Im up for a nights of breaks (soon). I'll be back next weekend and bug ya to hang in Lauderdale with me.  ;D

Sure. Ive been on, just haven't really posted. Matter of fact, last time I posted was the last time James Zabiela was in town! *lol*

Next weeked I'll be bouncing all over the place, its my birthday. ;)