Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The cooljunkie Nerve wish list....

V. Barbarino

Well since i retired from cp, i have to post this over here, and for the record I like nerve alot, and i'm friends with jon and i hope they do well, with Mansion comming, nerve/mansion/crobar then late nights downtown could be fun. So whats your 2 cent on nerve? Keep it constructive, and first moron to say some 20k dj, gets a bitch smack from me...

1. couches gotta go

2. lower sound levels until at least 3am

3. fix sound issues

4. bathrooms

5. ac

but these are obvious issues. For me I think they need to get people over to the other side, come up with something to entice people over there, next the bar is a little dingy, i'd clean it up a bit... Turn off the speaks in vip complety till 1am.

As for talent, classics night once a month and start it off with Todd Terry....

Nix the couches and the rear VIP...no one buys tables back there.

Sound needs to be a bit less intense until later, like you said.

Tell Simon to ease up on the strobing...the whole colours and chaos thing sucks...he knows better :)

They have a nitrogen system.

BTW, that's the proper term (just a pet peeve of mine)...nitrous gas would suffocate people at that volume...the gas released is nitrogen vapour, which makes up 78% of the air we breathe (on a good day...)

;D

Ditto... Couches in the middle of the dancefloor ?

(Ooops did step on your Pradas ?)

Ditto... Lighting.... the celing is too low for constant Strobing !!!

(even Ray Charles can see that)

Ditto... Audio... WAY TOOO LOUD FOR THAT EARLY OR EVEN LATE!!!

(I Was there last Fri. but I stayed by the exit door.. to stop my ears from bleeding.... That's the Last time I forget my EAR PLUGS)

Guest vanbuurenfan
Well since i retired from cp, i have to post this over here, and for the record I like nerve alot, and i'm friends with jon and i hope they do well, with Mansion comming, nerve/mansion/crobar then late nights downtown could be fun. So whats your 2 cent on nerve? Keep it constructive, and first moron to say some 20k dj, gets a bitch smack from me...

i have an idea for nerve. how about a 20,000 dollar dj? that should get the people jumping. ;D

Guest ramon

techno @ nerve .. that place has the potential to be the next tronic treatment .. but no one seems to care.

Francois K

Mark Farina

Derrick Carter

Craig Richards

Ashley Casselle

112 Crew

Well, with that attitude, I doubt they would come down...Nerve isn't gonna book them if they think "no one cares"...

Also, Nerve is finally starting to get into the black...they made triple their usual income last Friday with Lee Burridge...I'm sure this Friday is a repeat...i.e. they're gonna play it safe for a bit...booking DJs like Burridge, JZ, Slacker, Dave Seaman...safe bets in other words...keeps the music heads and the masses happy...they'll get adventureous when there's some $$$ in the bank...

as for a Tronic style party, it could happen...Jon's friends with the Trendroid folk.

The best bet for some of those DJs, is to have them share the night with someone who is big to the Miami crowd...Derrick and Mark could carry a night on their own, but Ashley, Francois, and the 112 Crew would need to share the night to get the numbers up...not to deny their talent, but last time Ashley played Miami, 20 people showed, unfortunately. Bill Patrick did it right, he played Miami, at an already existing party with a huge crowd...

Guest digital7
Well, with that attitude, I doubt they would come down...Nerve isn't gonna book them if they think "no one cares".....

Pod..

ahh fuck it.. I'll just keep my mouth shut

Well, I get kind of sick of the defeatist attitude...some people are like "well, nobody cares, so..."

I'm not saying book 'em and the people will come, but book them, but book them smart...have them open for a more well-known DJ, (obviously egos may collide...) on Fridays...

I'm just being realistic here.

Guest ramon

as for a Tronic style party, it could happen...Jon's friends with the Trendroid folk.

Trendroid is not part of Tronic .. Tronic is run by Viktor and Christian Smith.

as for no one caring .. I'm just being honest .. I find it hard to understand that I have to travel 5 hours to hear a great techno DJ Bryan Zentz. I'm not even going get into small more abstract stuff like minimal and glitch techno.

and about Ashley .. he had a horrible opening dj .. give him someone decent at Nerve and watch him shine.

He destroys small rooms ask anyone who as at blue for the con-fu-sion party during wmc.

My mistake, I thought trendroid and tronic were associated somehow...but having Trendroid would be nice at Nerve...

See I don't know squat about music and labels. I just take their photos ;D

1. sound system please lower it you have a fantastic system in there but dont make our ears bleed

2. a/c get a new system . i had to leave so early from burridge cuz it was too hot :(

3. the strobe lights are overused too much it almost gave me a seizure

-thats about it