Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where are the Quarterly Residents at Space?

Jojo1414779018

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vanbuurenfan
I much rather hear Oscar and Roland play than Deep Dish, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk or any of that other crap they bring in

damn bud, deep dish/tiesto/pvd crap? u must be tight with oscar and roland cause i see no other reason why u would bash some of the best dj's around......

damn bud, deep dish/tiesto/pvd crap? u must be tight with oscar and roland cause i see no other reason why u would bash some of the best dj's around......

:o ???That's what I'm saying!!! tiesto, pvd crap??? I've both seen them live, both within the last 3 months, if that is crap, then I should lay off the parties for a while, b/c their music is the bomb...

Guest trancelator

Blingbling, vbf and Katia have it right. Those dj's are great, especially PVD. You can always expect a great performance from him. I can't wait until he comes back Nov. 15! ;D

Guest vanbuurenfan

8) without a doubt some of the best performances i have seen this year have been those guys. PVD/tiesto/corsten/deep dish at space was the bomb. and of course my boy van buuren at opium! ;D

Guest tac13081
 Those dj's are great, especially PVD.  You can always expect a great performance from him.  I can't wait until he comes back Nov. 15! ;D

Especially with his new album(Reflections www.paulvandyk.com) since Out there and back! Space is gonna be sick ! ;D :o

Guest Adam Singer

i'd rather see satoshi, noel sanger, hardware, max graham, or even sasha than anyone mentioned above...

tiesto and van dyk are fun sets, but predictable...

oscar is a great performer, dj, and producer but not my flow...

my point, however, is you can't make a statement like saleen makes...tastes differ...saying one kind of music is "for kids" is proving your musical open-mindedness right there...you have none

i'd love to see you draw that much of a crowd saleen...or even produce a track that sells as much as any of tiesto's or van dyks...you to me sound jelous :)

~2 cents~

Guest vanbuurenfan
tiesto and pvd are for kids......

i'd be embarassed to show up to a club where they spin..

::) i dont post much but i do follow the board and this saleen character is one of the funniest. but also clueless. i think he makes comments just to get a rise out of people. anyways everyone can have an opinion, but when u start with the bashing that 2 me is a low level dj/producer with some jealousy issues. hey bud if u keep working hard u might get a song or two on party 93.1! good luck!

Guest tac13081
tiesto and pvd are for kids......

i'd be embarassed to show up to a club where they spin..

Explain yourself Saleen, how does a couple of the best dj's of the WORLD made for kids?

Guest vanbuurenfan

mrmatas were u at space34 in june? if u were then u just dont like the misic. if u werent, then talk 2 some people that were there and then come and tell me that PVD's crowds are "CHEEZY". what a joke.......

Guest tac13081
PVD is truly a joke....why anyone would pay 40 bucks to hear him spin is beyond me...Tiesto i wont bash...his style has and is changing....PVD is the trance equivalent of Bellini (has a following but is sooooo cheesey)

I guess you havent heard PVD new album coming out soon (or seen him live (@ space) for that matter). Youll see how hes changed and might have a different opinion.(http://www.paulvandyk.de/share/reflections/)

I wouldnt go as far as comparing PVD following to Bellini's following( No offense to Bellini) Just check out the gig schedule PVD has. I dont think Bellini spins every day (or every other day) in a diff city in the world!

Just my 2 centavos! :D

mrmatas were u at space34 in june? if u were then u just dont like the misic. if u werent, then talk 2 some people that were there and then come and tell me that PVD's crowds are "CHEEZY". what a joke.......

this goes to TAC and Vanburen

i saw him when the old Space re-opened after renovations...that night he was outta hand...i saw him again that same year and he blew...and that is when i was into Trance...i caught him this year WMC 2003 @ Space 34 and guess what?? he blew!!!! i wasnt referring the crowd being cheesey, i was referring to his track selection...PVD is extremely overrated....i DONT LIKE TRANCE anymore...but i still go to hear Tiesto, Edgar V and sometimes Markus Schultz...PVD's sets go nowhere and he flat out doesnt read the crowd...i give credit when credit is due, and IMO he now doesnt deserve all the hype he gets....

lets get some facts straight..

1. i'm not a dj

2. i've never even put a record on a record player and played it, well i did but i was like 5 years old messing around with my parents records.

3. i'm not a producer

4. i have no aspirations of being a dj/producer or being in the record biz.

5. i don't work for any club never have expect in college in NC.

6. I did however throw the best party lauderdale has seen in the last 15 months.. the oscar g party was my one and only party, and we made money. Some called it luck, but others knew that i knew what the fuck we are doing.

Now on to trance:

Trance is for crackheads with simple minds. Trance is just repetitive garbage. Go to any trance event and you'll see the usual young kids with glow sticks and lights and baggy clothes etc. Trance has no soul, no heart and after 1999 any true trance fan will tell you the genre is ova! PVD and Tiesto have great marketing behind them and little musical talent. Take any Danny T production and pit it against any trance record tiesto or pvd done. You'll hear the differnce. Morillo had Sting come to America and recut the vocals to desert rose. Maddona doesn't run to tiesto or pvd for anything, she uses, PR, VC and a few other guys. Reason is vocal trance is a simpletons format. Bassline, hook, and some synths. Take Feel Loved, by Danny T or even Running by calderone, they are deep records made for people who appreicate muisc, not children who do X all night and ruin the scene. I went to see pvd at space, and i'm 26 and i swore i felt like i was 55 years old. Come see Tsettos spin in a few weeks and i can guarentee you'll see real music with real adults. Dress up, put gel in your haid, leave the lights and sticks at home, don't do drugs, and feel the music, don't get sucked into marketing and hype, read my tsettos review, no hype just good tunes..

I think pvd and tiesto are succesful, but it's for kids who never grew up, in HS kids rocked that shit, but house is for adults. You won't hear any trance at any adult event anywhere...

Guest trancelator

I'm not big on bashing people's tastes because to me, dance music is about diversity. I like PVD and everyone who I've taken to see him has had nothing but great things to say. I guess that people that only love the residents like to be part of a little cult following.

Guest lavosdeldiablo
I much rather hear Oscar and Roland play than Deep Dish, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk or any of that other crap they bring in

i agree with digital... Let the residents do there thing..

What happened to the Oscar & Roland marathons..?

maybe if we could all notice the diference between a PAUL VAN DYK or a TIESTO with a DANNY TENAGLIA ...

1. different genres of course but ...

2. PVD and TIESTO are just too freakin' commercial, and of course they have style but I believe more than 50% of their fans, hear them just because of that fact

3. ... like "someone" once said: "now I understand that PAUL OAKENFOLD is not a DJ, he is a CELEBRITY"

4. and that's true, they have become so much of a celebrity than even in the smallest and ugliest venue, they SELL; and that's what everybody looks for (sadly): QUANTITY and not QUALITY

5. DT on the other hand, has build up a name on a diferent basis, his style and attitude are just way too diferent

6. so, in the meantime we all realize THAT diference, we will still see more of PVD, TIESTO and some others being quoted as "quaterly residents" at Space