Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where are the Quarterly Residents at Space?

Jojo1414779018

Guest Adam Singer

when space gets Satoshi, Sander, Howells, Sasha, shit even Hardware as a quarterly resident, I will be hella more impressed than any trance ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets get some facts straight..

1. i'm not a dj

2. i've never even put a record on a record player and played it, well i did but i was like 5 years old messing around with my parents records.

3. i'm not a producer

4. i have no aspirations of being a dj/producer or being in the record biz.

5. i don't work for any club never have expect in college in NC.

6. I did however throw the best party lauderdale has seen in the last 15 months.. the oscar g party was my one and only party, and we made money. Some called it luck, but others knew that i knew what the fuck we are doing.

Now on to trance:

Trance is for crackheads with simple minds. Trance is just repetitive garbage. Go to any trance event and you'll see the usual young kids with glow sticks and lights and baggy clothes etc. Trance has no soul, no heart and after 1999 any true trance fan will tell you the genre is ova! PVD and Tiesto have great marketing behind them and little musical talent. Take any Danny T production and pit it against any trance record tiesto or pvd done. You'll hear the differnce. Morillo had Sting come to America and recut the vocals to desert rose. Maddona doesn't run to tiesto or pvd for anything, she uses, PR, VC and a few other guys. Reason is vocal trance is a simpletons format. Bassline, hook, and some synths. Take Feel Loved, by Danny T or even Running by calderone, they are deep records made for people who appreicate muisc, not children who do X all night and ruin the scene. I went to see pvd at space, and i'm 26 and i swore i felt like i was 55 years old. Come see Tsettos spin in a few weeks and i can guarentee you'll see real music with real adults. Dress up, put gel in your haid, leave the lights and sticks at home, don't do drugs, and feel the music, don't get sucked into marketing and hype, read my tsettos review, no hype just good tunes..

I think pvd and tiesto are succesful, but it's for kids who never grew up, in HS kids rocked that shit, but house is for adults. You won't hear any trance at any adult event anywhere...

You're 26 and feel like you're 55 when you go to trance clubs or raves??? I am 37 (almost 38) and feel like I am 18 when I go, actually just went to Ultra with a bunch of friends, my boyfriend AND MY SON WHO IS 18!!! Shut up already, you are beyond annoying and mindless, you have some serious issues you need to work on.

Guest vanbuurenfan

this goes to TAC and Vanburen

i saw him when the old Space re-opened after renovations...that night he was outta hand...i saw him again that same year and he blew...and that is when i was into Trance...i caught him this year WMC 2003 @ Space 34 and guess what?? he blew!!!! i wasnt referring the crowd being cheesey, i was referring to his track selection...PVD is extremely overrated....i DONT LIKE TRANCE anymore...but i still go to hear Tiesto, Edgar V and sometimes Markus Schultz...PVD's sets go nowhere and he flat out doesnt read the crowd...i give credit when credit is due, and IMO he now doesnt deserve all the hype he gets....

u have cleared everything up for me already! your comment of "i dont like trance anymore" is classic. with all due respect, trance music 2u was a fad, a phase u went through. all that means is that u are not a true trance fan, u probably did it to feel cool with your friends or something, dont get upset its just an opinion. ;D

Guest tac13081
lets get some facts straight..

1. i'm not a dj

2. i've never even put a record on a record player and played it, well i did but i was like 5 years old messing around with my parents records.

3. i'm not a producer

4. i have no aspirations of being a dj/producer or being in the record biz.

5. i don't work for any club never have expect in college in NC.

6. I did however throw the best party lauderdale has seen in the last 15 months.. the oscar g party was my one and only party, and we made money. Some called it luck, but others knew that i knew what the fuck we are doing.

Now on to trance:

Trance is for crackheads with simple minds. Trance is just repetitive garbage. Go to any trance event and you'll see the usual young kids with glow sticks and lights and baggy clothes etc. Trance has no soul, no heart and after 1999 any true trance fan will tell you the genre is ova! PVD and Tiesto have great marketing behind them and little musical talent. Take any Danny T production and pit it against any trance record tiesto or pvd done. You'll hear the differnce. Morillo had Sting come to America and recut the vocals to desert rose. Maddona doesn't run to tiesto or pvd for anything, she uses, PR, VC and a few other guys. Reason is vocal trance is a simpletons format. Bassline, hook, and some synths. Take Feel Loved, by Danny T or even Running by calderone, they are deep records made for people who appreicate muisc, not children who do X all night and ruin the scene. I went to see pvd at space, and i'm 26 and i swore i felt like i was 55 years old. Come see Tsettos spin in a few weeks and i can guarentee you'll see real music with real adults. Dress up, put gel in your haid, leave the lights and sticks at home, don't do drugs, and feel the music, don't get sucked into marketing and hype, read my tsettos review, no hype just good tunes..

I think pvd and tiesto are succesful, but it's for kids who never grew up, in HS kids rocked that shit, but house is for adults. You won't hear any trance at any adult event anywhere...

Now everyone here in cooljunkie in one way shape or form enjoys the electronic music scene.  Either for the parties, the dj’s or both, people enjoy the scene.  Now I always read and hear trance is dead, trance is crap, this and that about trance.  Well all of those people that say trance are for kids are probably old enough to know that trance was once as “trendy†as house music.   Just because now its not as popular as before doesn’t mean its for kids or even that it is trash.  It’s just not as POPULAR. 8)  I understand why some people say the negative things about trance because Miami is the city of whats in and what’s cool.  I personally am a HUGE MUSIC FAN.  I listen to all kinds, and I am open to what the music brings to the table.  Each performer (dj, band etc..) brings a certain feeling and vibe that reflects off to the audience (of all ages) . I feel that if a person is open to what the performer is bringing to the table they will absorb that certain vibe that is there and take that experience with them (isn’t that’s what its all about?).  Now everyone has their opinion on certain styles but if you are a true music lover, you will open yourself and listen to anything (hip hop, trance, house, break beat, classical, oldies, rock etc.). You might surprise yourself one day :D.  By being close-minded and bashing certain music you are just closing YOUR doors to the message that is truly out there.    

Trance not as popular? Last time I checked it's the most commercial of all the genres (just stating a fact..), even more so than vocal house music.

That's what I think a lot of people object to about the trance sound, is that it's the most commercial sound out there right now...so I would hardly say people don't like trance because it's unpopular.

u have cleared everything up for me already! your comment of "i dont like trance anymore" is classic. with all due respect, trance music 2u was a fad, a phase u went through. all that means is that u are not a true trance fan, u probably did it to feel cool with your friends or something, dont get upset its just an opinion.

yea i WAS into it...now i am not...it was the best when i listened to it, but u know why? IT WASNT CHEESEY...Trance production is down (quality-wise)...no more producers making good tracks...the ones that i remember that were very very good are prob. not even around anymore (Dumonde, etc)...u think i did it to be cool? LOL....could u be anymore lost?...i was into Trance before my friends and prob. before u were too...i lived during Miami's Golden Trance Stage (i.e. Shadow Lounge/Space went it first opened)...u prob. joined into Trance on the way down (Level, etc)...House was here before Trance...and will be here after Trance...its a hard cookie to swallow...but u have to deal with it my friend...Trance is like Latin (Latin being a DEAD LANGUAGE)...as u grow up, u progress....house to trip hop to breaks to trance to house...but we always end up back House...dont worry...there is alot of room here, when u finally make to the House stage...let me know...i have a seat waiting for u....i use to read Dr. Suess when i was a kid...i guess i wasnt a "real" Dr. Suess fan.... ::)...dont get mad its just the FACTS...

LOL -----> listen to Trance to feel good with friends....

ur killing me over here!!!! must be amatuer comedy hour over here.... :D

ps

honestly i do like GOOD trance...i just hate what its become

Why is it that every damn thread about music (in every board across Miami) always turns into a TRANCE vs. HOUSE trash talk??

Get over it people, cant you argue about something else. Im getting bored.

Different strokes for different folks. Some like Trance, some like House, some like both. There is really no need to trash one or the other, lets please move on...

Guest tac13081
Why is it that every damn thread about music (in every board across Miami) always turns into a TRANCE vs. HOUSE trash talk??

Get over it people, cant you argue about something else. Im getting bored.

Different strokes for different folks. Some like Trance, some like House, some like both. There is really no need to trash one or the other, lets please move on...

THANK YOU! ;D

Guest vanbuurenfan

Now everyone here in cooljunkie in one way shape or form enjoys the electronic music scene.  Either for the parties, the dj’s or both, people enjoy the scene.  Now I always read and hear trance is dead, trance is crap, this and that about trance.  Well all of those people that say trance are for kids are probably old enough to know that trance was once as “trendy” as house music.   Just because now its not as popular as before doesn’t mean its for kids or even that it is trash.  It’s just not as POPULAR. 8)  I understand why some people say the negative things about trance because Miami is the city of whats in and what’s cool.  I personally am a HUGE MUSIC FAN.  I listen to all kinds, and I am open to what the music brings to the table.  Each performer (dj, band etc..) brings a certain feeling and vibe that reflects off to the audience (of all ages) . I feel that if a person is open to what the performer is bringing to the table they will absorb that certain vibe that is there and take that experience with them (isn’t that’s what its all about?).  Now everyone has their opinion on certain styles but if you are a true music lover, you will open yourself and listen to anything (hip hop, trance, house, break beat, classical, oldies, rock etc.). You might surprise yourself one day :D.  By being close-minded and bashing certain music you are just closing YOUR doors to the message that is truly out there.    

couldnt have said it better myself.

Guest vanbuurenfan

yea i WAS into it...now i am not...it was the best when i listened to it, but u know why? IT WASNT CHEESEY...Trance production is down (quality-wise)...no more producers making good tracks...the ones that i remember that were very very good are prob. not even around anymore (Dumonde, etc)...u think i did it to be cool? LOL....could u be anymore lost?...i was into Trance before my friends and prob. before u were too...i lived during Miami's Golden Trance Stage (i.e. Shadow Lounge/Space went it first opened)...u prob. joined into Trance on the way down (Level, etc)...House was here before Trance...and will be here after Trance...its a hard cookie to swallow...but u have to deal with it my friend...Trance is like Latin (Latin being a DEAD LANGUAGE)...as u grow up, u progress....house to trip hop to breaks to trance to house...but we always end up back House...dont worry...there is alot of room here, when u finally make to the House stage...let me know...i have a seat waiting for u....i use to read Dr. Suess when i was a kid...i guess i wasnt a "real" Dr. Suess fan.... ::)...dont get mad its just the FACTS...

LOL -----> listen to Trance to feel good with friends....

ur killing me over here!!!! must be amatuer comedy hour over here.... :D

ps

honestly i do like GOOD trance...i just hate what its become

first of all nice sermon, a few things though. whet u said i dont like trance anymore u made it sound like u dont like the music period. thats why i said what i said. of course trance is not the same as it was back then (by the way im 29 yrs old so i was around for shadow lounge-god rest its soul! and i was there for the opening of space, so im not a snotty little 15 yr old) and yes times were better back then. but that doesnt mean that trance is now "crap". we just have a difference of opinion, and last time i checked it is allowed. appologies if i offended u, not my intention. i just dont like the bashing that goes on in here sometimes. and by the way, ive been at the house stage for a while now!lol i just happen to be one of those "kids" that wont grow up and still loves trance!long live pvd/tiesto and the rest of them!

VIVA LA TRANCE!!

first of all nice sermon, a few things though. whet u said i dont like trance anymore u made it sound like u dont like the music period. thats why i said what i said. of course trance is not the same as it was back then (by the way im 29 yrs old so i was around for shadow lounge-god rest its soul! and i was there for the opening of space, so im not a snotty little 15 yr old) and yes times were better back then. but that doesnt mean that trance is now "crap". we just have a difference of opinion, and last time i checked it is allowed. appologies if i offended u, not my intention. i just dont like the bashing that goes on in here sometimes. and by the way, ive been at the house stage for a while now!lol i just happen to be one of those "kids" that wont grow up and still loves trance!long live pvd/tiesto and the rest of them!

i am not offended...but i say that PVD blows (which he does) and u go off on ur little rant that about me trying to be cool cuz i like Trance...i still support SOME trance...and Edgar V is a friend of mine and i support whenever he spins...but the current Trance productions ARE crap and are NOT original anymore...its become very cookie cutter....and hasnt progressed....many Trance djs are mixing it up with: progressive trance, progressive house, tech-trance and even techno...i started going to Shadow in late 98/early 99 and pretty much saw its birth here in Miami...it wasnt a fad, cuz i still go see those DJ's that are in the forefront of moving the Trance sound...btw-- the sermon comment? i went to private school, what did u expect? :P

Guest vanbuurenfan

i am not offended...but i say that PVD blows (which he does) and u go off on ur little rant that about me trying to be cool cuz i like Trance...i still support SOME trance...and Edgar V is a friend of mine and i support whenever he spins...but the current Trance productions ARE crap and are NOT original anymore...its become very cookie cutter....and hasnt progressed....many Trance djs are mixing it up with: progressive trance, progressive house, tech-trance and even techno...i started going to Shadow in late 98/early 99 and pretty much saw its birth here in Miami...it wasnt a fad, cuz i still go see those DJ's that are in the forefront of moving the Trance sound...btw-- the sermon comment? i went to private school, what did u expect? :P

difference of opinion, thats all. i may have gone a bit overboard with the wanna be cool comment so my bad. like i said some of the best performances i have seen have been PVD and i love his music along with tiesto and the others. i love edgar v and im sure u know he opens for mr PVD ;D. sw him a few weeks back at crobar. great dj! so im glad that u and i agree that PVD is great! and dont forget about AVB!!

i love edgar v and im sure u know he opens for mr PVD ;D. sw him a few weeks back at crobar. great dj! so im glad that u and i agree that PVD is great! and dont forget about AVB!!

LOL...u will never hear me say that PVD is great...but Edgar is a very very underrated dj...i saw him at Maze a few weeks back...he knows how i feel about PVD....i have never heard AVB live, but my chic does have cd's of him...and from what i have heard, i wouldnt mind checking out AVB...maybe at Opium?

Guest vanbuurenfan

LOL...u will never hear me say that PVD is great...but Edgar is a very very underrated dj...i saw him at Maze a few weeks back...he knows how i feel about PVD....i have never heard AVB live, but my chic does have cd's of him...and from what i have heard, i wouldnt mind checking out AVB...maybe at Opium?

i saw him at opium last time he came down, very very nice time. if u get a chance, check him out. ive also gotta say that im waiting for corsten to come back, and hopefuly one day blank&jones and johan gielen will make their way down here to MIA.

i saw him at opium last time he came down, very very nice time. if u get a chance, check him out. ive also gotta say that im waiting for corsten to come back, and hopefuly one day blank&jones and johan gielen will make their way down here to MIA.

i heard Corsten and like many that DO like trance...wasnt impressed...i have his set from Space 34...Blank & Jones i would possibly check it out...some of their productions are good (from what i remember)...Marco V is another one i would love to check out...

Guest vanbuurenfan

i heard Corsten and like many that DO like trance...wasnt impressed...i have his set from Space 34...Blank & Jones i would possibly check it out...some of their productions are good (from what i remember)...Marco V is another one i would love to check out...

ok i have been looking for that set everywhere! where did u get it? i would appreciate it.

Guest dnb_chick

mr matas---do u think danny howells" set quality has gone downhill.....or u think he was having a bad night the last time he spun @ space? I thought he blew.....just wanted ur opinion cuz of ur avtar

mr matas---do u think danny howells" set quality has gone downhill.....or u think he was having a bad night the last time he spun @ space? I thought he blew.....just wanted ur opinion cuz of ur avtar

i think DH that night just blew!!!! his set for WMC 2003 the patio was one of THE BEST i have heard in the new patio....but have u heard DH's new cd? 24/7? if u havent...dont waste ur time...that cd really really blows....its very diff. from what DH spins, but it kinda grows on u...but i am still not convinced by it....