Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Spin Off Showcase this Saturday

Guest nickjunkie

Guest nickjunkie

Hey Junkies!

Hope you can all make it down this weekend for the showcase - we have some really exciting DJ's (see Spin Off forum) and I think this will be a lot of fun.

Should run from 7pm till around 10.30... hope to see you there!

and if someone from the cooljunkie staff could have the time and tell me what was wrong with it ? .. i'd appreciate it ..l

maybe there was nothing wrong with it...maybe they were looking for a diff. style...my friend didnt make it either and he is pretty good himself...

Hello everyone, this is Rob from CoolJunkie. ;)

We had to pick the best 9 mixes out of 150. Let me tell ya, it wasnt that easy.

There were some very good mixes, there were some very bad mixes, and there were a bunch of decent mixes. Some mixes stood out and some didnt, even though they werent bad. We were looking at overall style, mixing skills, tunes, and track selection. I did hear some really great tunes out there! In the end, some were just better than others and we went with those.

We shall see what happens when they go live at Virgin (this Saturday) and Lime Bar (next week), the true test.

Andrew, your mix was definitely good (in the top 20 actually), you should be proud of yourself. Just keep doing what your doing! Theres always next year.

Hope to see everyone at the heats!!

Just to let everyone know, I gave a lot of the good/decent mixes a complete listen from beginning to end. Some I even listened to twice. I really gave everyone a chance and I was very fair!

I encourage all DJ's to keep practicing. There is a lot of potential from many of you out there. I Hope to see some of the same names next year!

And Im sure Nick will be posting a list of honorable mentions at the end of the competition.

;)

Guest vacom77

To the cooljunkie staff I was wondering what you guys thought of my mix ? I would really appreciate some info even if it is harsh  ;D I'm glad my boy Michael Martin may it he has been working at this hard since last year.

Guest lyrik

Any idea on when the honorables will be up today....I know you guys are a little busy to keep answering evryone individually on where they ended up.

Guest djrc

Well since every one is asking, What about my mix?

To help you it had a sample of " lets get ready to rumble" As an intro. ppplease this is the second year. just dont know were i went wrong. last year a put together a deep/filter mix becuase i know every one or most were going prog. or tribal i wanted to be diff. But I went prog this year???

... Andrew, your mix was definitely good (in the top 20 actually), you should be proud of yourself. Just keep doing what your doing! Theres always next year....

thank you for the kind words, .. brings me up a bit, still; im so curious about tomorrow's showcase, i'm pretty sure some of the best talent will be there,

good luck all !

thank you for the kind words, .. brings me up a bit, still; im so curious about tomorrow's showcase, i'm pretty sure some of the best talent will be there,

good luck all !

We'll see what happens when the pressure is on!! Its a whole different ballgame when you are in an unfamiliar DJ booth and a bunch of people are watching your every move.

Im hoping for some good competition though! Good luck kids!

Guest vacom77

4 sure like Rob says they game is totolly when the pressure is on. Best wishes to all the djs I'll be there cheering on my mentor in music and one of my best friends Michael Martin. ;D