Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One Night in NYC (ok, maybe two)

Guest bryguy76

Guest bryguy76

I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada... (aka nowhere). I'm coming to NYC for the first time :D and want to go clubbing Friday April 2nd and Sat April 3rd.

I'm a HUGE electronic fan, and was hoping to see a HUGE International DJ, in some Mindblowing Manhatten club... problem is... I don't know where to go. ??? I'm clueless when it comes to NYC, and totally want to maximize on my clubbing experience. I can't find any DJ listings for that weekend anywhere. Theres lots for other weekends, but none for that one. I've heard of a few clubs (by rumor) being Avalon, Crobar and the Sound Factory... but I dont know how good they are.

HELP... is there a website somewhere that has a complete listing of Electronic acts and clubs, or someone that can make me some reccomendations to help? The internet is littered with club sites, but you can't really tell how good/bad a club is by their advertising online.

Thanks

Also... I've herd there are clubs open in the afternoon? ... this is unheard of here... is this true and are they worth my time?

I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada...  (aka nowhere).  I'm coming to NYC for the first time  :D and want to go clubbing Friday April 2nd and Sat April 3rd.

I'm a HUGE electronic fan, and was hoping to see a HUGE International DJ, in some Mindblowing Manhatten club...  problem is...  I don't know where to go.   ??? I'm clueless when it comes to NYC, and totally want to maximize on my clubbing experience.  I can't find any DJ listings for that weekend anywhere.  Theres lots for other weekends, but none for that one.  I've heard of a few clubs (by rumor) being Avalon, Crobar and the Sound Factory...  but I dont know how good they are.

HELP...  is there a website somewhere that has a complete listing of Electronic acts and clubs, or someone that can make me some reccomendations to help?  The internet is littered with club sites, but you can't really tell how good/bad a club is by their advertising online.

Thanks

Also...  I've herd there are clubs open in the afternoon? ... this is unheard of here... is this true and are they worth my time?

If you can hold off until the next weekend, you can see Armin at Roxy on the 9th...

Yeah, there's some clubs that stay open for a while (Black and Sound Factory) but you likely don't want to go there. Actually, I'm not even sure if they're still open...big crack den issues...

Oh Canada...got to love fellow Canadians on board...

;D

There are quality afterhours at Discoteque (17 west 19tyh street) on Sunday morning. Go to that. I almost went this past Sunday but no one would go with me!

if interested, go to www.robpromotions.com

this sunday @ discoteque the afterhours session will be for Erick morillo's birthday party. I went last year, it was off the hook! Tons of other DJs came to support, his set was fuckin off the hook, and Jesse the Scumfrog brought a huge cake into the DJ booth with a million candles on it. It was a special nite, and ive never seen morillo happier.

Guest joeygk

ARC is getting ready to close and they have quite a crazy line-up for April including Classics night w/ DT, Circo Loco, Tyrant & more ---- they stay open until around noon!