Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why is it that draper slacks????????

msoprano

he has skills and he doenst keep up with the records, is it that thats what managemnt wants him to play or he just dont feel like buying the latest tracks

just curious

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by msoprano13:

he has skills and he doenst keep up with the records, is it that thats what managemnt wants him to play or he just dont feel like buying the latest tracks

just curious

OK...see what you said there?? management telling him what to play?? THAT, my friend, is disallowing artistic license and not broadening your view as an artist. That SHOULDN'T fly with any DJ.

What MAYBE happening is that he understands the youth and Bridge and Tunnel market that Exit thrives on and plays to that strength...I mean I remember the last time I was there (early feb) he played HiGate Pitchin and a good part of the crowd cheered...he knows thats what they want so he plays it...by the way is he still playing that??

------------------

Coming soon...

The signature that will end all signatures...

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

Originally posted by highmay:

I mean I remember the last time I was there (early feb) he played HiGate Pitchin and a good part of the crowd cheered...he knows thats what they want so he plays it...by the way is he still playing that??

Here and there....early in the night

cwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gif

you got a point about Draper playing older tracks. However, some clubs outside NYC get house tracks light years after they come out. For example, Zombie Nation blew up overseas before 2000, and up here they consider it a "hot track"-still playing it every week.

i guess some of u people neva been to sound factory, nyc's best club, shit, best club in the u.s., but anyways, jonathan peters gets his shit new every week, i read he spends $300-$500 a week on new shit just so he could spin it at factory, i hear new shit every week i go there, now if i were to go to exit, i'd hear the same shit i have on cd's from last summer

whoa, i dunno about NYC's best club, becuase exit's lighting and sound setup are by far alot better, along with the whole overall club, as far as DJ's, jonathan hands down is a god.

but no way in hell is SF the best NYC club.

by the way I have good friends who talk to jonathan on a daily basis, and they laughed when I asked them if he pays 300-500$ on new records weekly, thats bullshit.

and by the way, I dont know where you are going if your hearing cd's from last summer. maybe sf fridays. cwm33.gif

------------------

a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again

Your laughing at me cause I am different? Shit, im laughing at you cause your all the fucking same!

Originally posted by DJMikeE:

you got a point about Draper playing older tracks. However, some clubs outside NYC get house tracks light years after they come out. For example, Zombie Nation blew up overseas before 2000, and up here they consider it a "hot track"-still playing it every week.

I think Zombie Nation blew up over here b4 it blew up overseas.

i agree with everyone but id love to hear draper throw down all new joints

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

I'm form NJ but I go to school in west virginia. The bars here play zombie nation still and everyone goes nuts. They haven't even heard of "castles in the sky" out here. I'd think that everyone would've heard of those songs by now but aparently not, I just kind of sit back and laugh at these west virginians trying to dance. I'm just looking foward to going to exit in a week and here some real music.

So next time you people bitch about the music being old think of what some other people have and just enjoy what you have so close to you.

Originally posted by coogs78:

This is how it is. Draper plays old because he plays for a younger crowd that responds to his older music. He definately has skills and he definately has the hook ups and he probably does have the newest records. He just can't play them because maybe he is scared that if he plays something noone knows he won't get the response he wants. Basically he's doing his job. He's playing to the crowd.

That's EXACTLY the point I been trying to make......so everyone STOP TRASHING HIM!

:-)

[This message has been edited by baby3tears (edited 03-23-2001).]

he slacks b/c he's really not that good..

*he* doesn't hold down exit fridays.. the army of promoters do..

there are so many dj's out there better, and so many who could do exactly what he does, just throwing down anthems...

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

hmr3.gif

This is how it is. Draper plays old because he plays for a younger crowd that responds to his older music. He definately has skills and he definately has the hook ups and he probably does have the newest records. He just can't play them because maybe he is scared that if he plays something noone knows he won't get the response he wants. Basically he's doing his job. He's playing to the crowd.

Zombie Nation JUST blew up in the UK what are you talking about? Maybe its been just a few months since Judge drools, oakencheese been including kernkraft into ther sets...

and IMO Tony Draper is dope, even tho he recycles records.

------------------

hmmm.. interesting in promoting? email me >:) ibrealz@aol.com

Guest peekhour

Draper is sick!!!....he rips it up every fri night...he was slacking like 2 weeks ago, but last friday he played a lot of shit shit!

------------------

AOL Name - NYR100

PEEKHOUR GUESTLIST- "EXIT FRIDAYS!!"

Originally posted by xtcgspot:

I think Draper has his good nites and his bad nites. Exit is by far my favorite club in the city, and i always love the music being played there. The last time I went, which was back on March 2, the house was jumpin, and he played alot of phat tracks, and yes, that included some old ones. I dont remember how the rest of the crowd reacted, but i know i went absolutely nuts when he played "Baby Wants to Ride"...that's one of my all-time favorites. He played alot of old tracks that nite..."Give Me Tonight", "Oompa Loompa"....but also played some real good "newer" shit...not brand new. It was still a great nite...a little more new stuff would have been nicer, made it more of a nite to remember, but overall, how could it be a bad nite? IT'S EXIT!!!!!

are you serious, they dont even play those songs on ktu anymore

------------------

Robert Deniro

I think Draper has his good nites and his bad nites. Exit is by far my favorite club in the city, and i always love the music being played there. The last time I went, which was back on March 2, the house was jumpin, and he played alot of phat tracks, and yes, that included some old ones. I dont remember how the rest of the crowd reacted, but i know i went absolutely nuts when he played "Baby Wants to Ride"...that's one of my all-time favorites. He played alot of old tracks that nite..."Give Me Tonight", "Oompa Loompa"....but also played some real good "newer" shit...not brand new. It was still a great nite...a little more new stuff would have been nicer, made it more of a nite to remember, but overall, how could it be a bad nite? IT'S EXIT!!!!!