Clubplanet Nightlife Community

difference btwn progressive house and sexy house.

Guest 731973lisaloca

Guest LISALOCA

I listen to //oscar G, Ivano Bellini, robbie rivera, steve Lawler, Eric Morillo and thats the type of House music that i like.

What are the different types of house music? do i like Progressive house or sexy house?

all those guys play house or tribal, not much progressive

Ralph Falcon and Markus Shultz play more progessive.

Best way to tell the difference is to give you an example

House = Robbie Rivera - Girlfriend

Progressive = Jhonny Vicisious tracks like Veronica, or Hex mixes of Whitney houston.

Bascially progessive is faster.... more energy...

progressive house is John Digweed, Danny Howells, Sander Kleinenberg (though he's getting funkier), etc.

sexy house (is that a genre?) or funky house is Roger Sanchez, Erick Morillo, Robbie Rivera, etc.

There is alot of crossover though, since the best DJs play a mix of styles...Danny Tenaglia plays tribal, progressive, deep, and classics...Robbie Rivera plays hard disco and tribal (he's also one of the best house producers in the world)...prog DJs usually play the same monotonous style all night...

hope this helps Lisa.

Sexy House=Wet&Hard

Wet&Hard is the new sound from Europe

visit oneof the most importa wet & hard djs.

www.corvindalek.com

thanks for the info...not exactly what most people would consider "sexy house"...I know Corvin Dalek as a producer and he makes hard house bordering on techno...check his hot tracks and you'll see records like "Cookie Dough Dynamo" which is definitely hard house...I would like to see him play live in Miami though...sounds like a good time!

Guest lyrik

thanks for the info...not exactly what most people would consider "sexy house"...I know Corvin Dalek as a producer and he makes hard house bordering on techno...check his hot tracks and you'll see records like "Cookie Dough Dynamo" which is definitely hard house...I would like to see him play live in Miami though...sounds like a good time!

He is a resident at Privilige and was just here on the 25th and a few weeks back...he'll be back through again, but they always have himplaying on weird nights.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcnjunkie
How about the music at Space inj the morning. 7:00 am

Ivano Bellinis music; What would you call that???

Ivanno plays a combination of several but progressive mainly with a tribal edge ! but sometimes there's a fine line to differentiate them.  If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters, it's essentially house ... deep house is more like Mark Farina, Miguel miggs, Marques Wyatt, and sexy is like garage disco infused, loads of lyrics and can border on the down-tempo.    for tribal good examples Tom Stephan a.k.a. Superchumbo or Steve Lawler

also, if you like the terrace sort of music (not too hard), go see Juan Mejia @ Crobar.  definately he mixes it up with quality deep and progressive !

• 2 months later...
Guest swirlundergrounder

Sexy House is a nick name for a sub genre of house known as groovy house. Some DJ's that would fit well into the sexy house category are Miguel Migs, Mark Farina to name a few. Like someone else mentioned above correctly, DJ's such as John Digweed and Danny Howells fall into the Progressive House clasification. And DJ's such as Steve Lawler, Danny Teneglia fall into the Tribal House genre though I would also give these 2 the sub classification of Tribal-Progressive.

There are so many names for all the different music that you hear out there and I think as time go's on the names change for some of them.

But the following genres are the main ones..

1)House

2)Techno

3) Trance

4) Drum & Bass

5) Breaks

The genre Progressive House was once a topic of contraversy in dance music. A lot of producers, industry heads etc didn't really embrace it until around 1997-1999 or so. This is because all dance music, what ever genre is always 'Progressing'

The trouble was back in the early to mid 90's was, there was a sound being produced that wasn't really house but it wasn't really trance. It landed somewhere in the middle of the 2 genres. So record store owners would get these records into their shops and not have a particular place to catalog them..

So the trend in record shops in the mid to late 90's was that these reocrds where cataloged as 'Progressive house' Thus progressive house becamse a widely accepted name for that genre of dance music that kind of sounded like house and kind of sounded like trance....

I'm sure that sexy house will get its own genre classification really soon. But it's all sexy to me :)