Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For the missinformed techjunkie

Guest endymion
he mentioned not only once, but 11 times...

Haha, okay fine, I stand corrected. You really think that was a Bush priority compared to knocking off the guy who tried to kill his dad?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, okay fine, I stand corrected.  You really think that was a Bush priority compared to knocking off the guy who tried to kill his dad?

you need help, real help... you are the guy oreilly makes fun of every night. You brand people bigots or homophobes if they don't agree with you... it's commical with you...

Guest JMT

Haha, okay fine, I stand corrected.  You really think that was a Bush priority compared to knocking off the guy who tried to kill his dad?

i think last years news is just that, last years news. the media and the american public as a whole have extremely short attention spans.

lol, he's 100% correct the pills do cost less than the bottle. But to get those pills into the bottle costs you billions of dollars in research.

For example

Like pain killers?

a bottle of 1050 loricet aka genric for percs or vikes cost me on the wac about 36 bucks for a bottle of 1000..

cost you a lot in the store. Why? well a long long long time ago, some company spend about a billion dollars and 13 years to get them on market and past the fda..  

You only hear what you want to hear.  You have no understanding of the market..

The avg time a drug is on the market is about 4-7 years.. then the patent is up. So they spent 13 years and billions and have to recoupe that money in order to please the shareholders..

and few ever make it to the market...

americans flat out subsidize the rest of the world when it comes to drugs...

etc etc etc

i could go on forever.

your argument is becoming more tailored, im actually kind of proud of you.

but your still wrong.

We were speaking specifically about AIDS drugs. AIDS is a deadly PAN-demic, much worse than an epidemic.

Pain killers...now I can see patenting that for 7 years! Our threshold for pain is pathetic here...and believe me, im the first to crave a perc when ive got a headache. gimme that and a glass of wine...ill gladly pay premium price for a non-generic perc and a bottle of Mondavi select to ease my pain.

But AIDS kills Millllllllllllions of people. It doesnt give them a headache. Patents should never exist for that amount of time (the r & d costs are wayyyyy recovered in that amount if time) when so many precious lives are being lost. When life is lost, that's it, man! that's it! How sad is that???!!

patent an AIDS drug (non NIH financed and developed in initial stages) for a maximum of a few years and offer it to non-western 3rd world countries for significantly less in a pandemic situation. that is my argument.

Guest endymion
you need help, real help... you are the guy oreilly makes fun of every night. You brand people bigots  or homophobes if they don't agree with you... it's commical with you...

Lots of people disagree with me, yet there's only one person here who I would call a bigot or a homophobe.

I wasn't aware of this AIDS humanitarian package because it's vapor. It never happened. Wasn't a priority. Fighting the 'war on terror' by invading a couple of (the wrong) countries was the priority. This topic originally came up because you said that we're right to have invaded Iraq because of all of the humanitarian good that we're getting our of our 80 billion dollars.

If our goal were to accomplish humanitarian missions then we could improve a lot of lives in a lot of places with that 80 billion dollars. We used it to kill people instead. We used it to kill the wrong people.

Lots of people disagree with me, yet there's only one person here who I would call a bigot or a homophobe.

I wasn't aware of this AIDS humanitarian package because it's vapor.  It never happened.  Wasn't a priority.  Fighting the 'war on terror' by invading a couple of (the wrong) countries was the priority.  This topic originally came up because you said that we're right to have invaded Iraq because of all of the humanitarian good that we're getting our of our 80 billion dollars.

If our goal were to accomplish humanitarian missions then we could improve a lot of lives in a lot of places with that 80 billion dollars.  We used it to kill people instead.  We used it to kill the wrong people.

smoke and mirrors....

like bush "wanting" more fuel-efficient cars. hahahahahahaha (funny, but sad)

Guest JMT

I wasn't aware of this AIDS humanitarian package because it's vapor.  It never happened.  Wasn't a priority.  Fighting the 'war on terror' by invading a couple of (the wrong) countries was the priority.  This topic originally came up because you said that we're right to have invaded Iraq because of all of the humanitarian good that we're getting our of our 80 billion dollars.

If our goal were to accomplish humanitarian missions then we could improve a lot of lives in a lot of places with that 80 billion dollars.  We used it to kill people instead.  We used it to kill the wrong people.

no, he did this during the war, but the dems got their panties in a bunch at the budget. its more then any prez was willing to do for AIDS in africa, ever

Guest JMT

like bush "wanting" more fuel-efficient cars.  hahahahahahaha (funny, but sad)

its really up the consumers to make that happen, once the auto industry sees money being made, they will follow suit.

Guest JMT

actually we send them crate loads for free, but african men think its unnatural to have to use them.  ive seen interviews where they say they just refuse to use them, would rather just accept the risk of aids. and women have no say pretty much.

actually we send them crate loads for free, but african men think its unnatural to have to use them.  ive seen interviews where they say they just refuse to use them, would rather just accept the risk of aids. and women have no say pretty much.

so OK, let's let them die than! bye guys, sux for you. peace out. hope you had a good time while you were here! especially to all the millions of kids who just got it from their parents (which is a tremendous percentage of them)=== John i would have expected you to maybe think of that fact.... still love you though. platonically of course. wouldnt want to start getting gay here since that is, after all, what causes the spread of AIDS.

an appropriate joke:

George W. Bush meets with the Queen of England. He asks her, "Your Magesty,

how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give

to me?"

"Well," says the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself

with intelligent people."Bush frowns. "But how do I know the people around

me are really intelligent?"

The Queen takes a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer

an intelligence riddle."

The Queen pushes a button on her intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here,

would you?"

Tony Blair walks into the room. "Yes, my Queen?" The Queen smiles. "Answer

me this, please, Tony. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your

brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a

moment, Tony Blair answers, "That would be

me." "Yes! Very good," says the Queen.

Back at the White House, Bush asks to speak with vice president Dick Cheney.

"Dick, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's

not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?" "I'm not sure," says

the vice president. "Let me get back to you on that one."

Dick Cheney goes to his advisors and asks every one, but none can give him

an answer. Finally, he ends up in the men's room and recognizes Colin

Powell's shoes in the next stall. Dick shouts, "Colin! Can you answer this

for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or

your sister. Who is it?" Colin Powell yells back, "That's easy. It's me!"

Dick Cheney smiles. "Thanks!"

Cheney goes back to the Oval Office and to speak with Bush. "Say, I did some

research and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Colin Powell." Bush gets

up, stomps over to Dick Cheney, and angrily yells into his face, "No, you

idiot! It's Tony Blair!"

your argument is becoming more tailored, im actually kind of proud of you.  

but your still wrong.

We were speaking specifically about AIDS drugs.  AIDS is a deadly PAN-demic, much worse than an epidemic.  

Pain killers...now I can see patenting that for 7 years!  Our threshold for pain is pathetic here...and believe me, im the first to crave a perc when ive got a headache.  gimme that and a glass of wine...ill gladly pay premium price for a non-generic perc and a bottle of Mondavi select to ease my pain.  

But AIDS kills Millllllllllllions of people.  It doesnt give them a headache.  Patents should never exist for that amount of time (the r & d costs are wayyyyy recovered in that amount if time) when so many precious lives are being lost.  When life is lost, that's it,  man!  that's it!  How sad is that???!!  

patent an AIDS drug (non NIH financed and developed in initial stages) for a maximum of a few years and offer it to non-western 3rd world countries for significantly less in a pandemic situation.  that is my argument.  

I'm waiting patiently for a persuasive response to this.

Guest endymion
smoke and mirrors....

like bush "wanting" more fuel-efficient cars.  hahahahahahaha (funny, but sad)

Exactly, Ryan. Bush has blown a bunch of smoke up our asses about athletes using steroids, alternative energy source programs (that one will be a fun one I'll save for next week) and colonies on Mars. All vapor.

What he really did care about, which did happen, is we took out the guy who tried to kill his dad and we helped out a bunch of Bush's biz pals in the process.

Guest JMT

so OK, let's let them die than!  bye guys, sux for you.  peace out.  hope you had a good time while you were here!  especially to all the millions of kids who just got it from their parents (which is a tremendous percentage of them)=== John i would have expected you to maybe think of that fact.... still love you though.  platonically of course.  wouldnt want to start getting gay here since that is, after all, what causes the spread of AIDS.  

dude did you not read any of my earlier posts? im on your side! im just stating the unfortunate fact tho. im all for sending aid. but im not going to bash bush and say that his $15 billion plan was just BS.

Guest JMT

Exactly, Ryan.  Bush has blown a bunch of smoke up our asses about athletes using steroids, alternative energy source programs (that one will be a fun one I'll save for next week) and colonies on Mars.  All vapor.

What he really did care about, which did happen, is we took out the guy who tried to kill his dad and we helped out a bunch of Bush's biz pals in the process.

cmon tech, you should know that NO PREZ will ever change the auto or oil industy once hes in office. the conumsers need to make the change themselves!

Guest endymion

JMT, I don't disagree with that.

I'm mainly just offended to have a president who thinks that he can wave an alternative fuels program in my face or stage a cowboy Thanksgiving-dinner-in-Baghdad stunt in my face to distract me from the effects that his shortsighted policies are having on domestic fuel prices.

Nobody really noticed when OPEC met and decided to intentionally drive US oil prices up by cutting output, because we were being fed images of Bush playing military dress-up by our media outlets while it was happening. You're all paying for his mistakes at the pump now and the happy feel-good speeches about fuel-efficient cars are all just as forgotten as the OPEC meeting now. The big smoke and mirrors ploy was successful.

Guest JMT
JMT, I don't disagree with that.

I'm mainly just offended to have a president who thinks that he can wave an alternative fuels program in my face or stage a cowboy Thanksgiving-dinner-in-Baghdad stunt in my face to distract me from the effects that his shortsighted policies are having on domestic fuel prices.

Nobody really noticed when OPEC met and decided to intentionally drive US oil prices up by cutting output, because we were being fed images of Bush playing military dress-up by our media outlets while it was happening.  You're all paying for his mistakes at the pump now and the happy feel-good speeches about fuel-efficient cars are all just as forgotten as the OPEC meeting now.  The big smoke and mirrors ploy was successful.

see i dont buy that. i noticed the OPEC cuts, as i do each time bc i follow the news. they are doing it bc the world is comsuming oil so quickly that their days are severly numbered and they know it. its supply and demand.

and liked the Thanksgiving thing. only a moron would be distracted by things like that.

I just had an epiphany!

I guess Saleen does manage to spark intense debate and conversation----but he really isnt RESPONSIBLE for it...the rest of us are...he merely says something so ridiculous that we all just go nuts responding and then he sits back in his CEO leather chair and clasps his hands behind his head.

From an editorial perspective, this would be a wonderful thing to have!--a meathead saying things that get people ocnstantly interacting, a little controversy, etc.. in the end the site gets tons of hits....

so saleen is more of a subconcious advertisement. say something radical and obviously incorrect or just plain wrong....get everyone to reply a bunch of times...Cooljunkie wins, and our minds win...

these political, social and economical discussions are so enlgihtening and enriching for all of us--- it is just ironic how it all comes out...