Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Politics, Marriage & the 21st Century

LESjunkie

Guest bcnjunkie

At least I'm glad to see that there are "non-robots" in this board, who just don't believe what they're told but instead can make educated analytical opinions !

I didn't know techjunkie was such a history junkie !, cool beans ! 8)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, ryan and Dan, you both are clearly informed and I think your opinions are really valuable--- you were raised well...

How do you all predict Dick Cheney will react to all of this? Im convinced he is dead, actually. :o We know he is always sick, and honestly---when was the last time we've heard a peep from the walking corpse? hmmm.

his daughter is openly gay with a capital G- did you all know this? It is well publicized but not as publicized as one would think it would/should be.

this amendment will never make it. if it does somehow, it will be eventually repealed, like prohibition. The saleens of this world will eventually have to deal with it...and I think it will truly be accepted as a part of society-- once the normal, non-flamboyant, guy/girl next door, the person who sit's across from my desk, that cousin that always avoids the subject of the opposite sex, the closet case that everyone wonders about, etc etc comes out of the woodwork....then things will really begin to change...

so many down to earth, "straight acting" people are out there, but dont want to project their sexual orientation because they are ashamed at the flamboyant stigma attached to the identity.....there are many more facets to homosexuality than simply white parties, leather pride parades, and bull-dyke dive bars with pierced fat chicks with short hair bumpin' fuzz in the corner.

The other facets are right in front of you, you just dont recognize it yet because you make these people afraid to tell you. Someday these people will have the courage to stop sitting at the back of the bus and sit right next to you. Someday you'll accept it as part of life....someday you'll realize it is, in fact, natural and uncontrollable...it will feel weird at first, but you'll just get used to it. Middle America may be completely against this...but history dictates that the movements begin in the big cities, and eventually these midwestern/southern conservatives end up having to grin and bear it. Time will tell! :D

Guest endymion

Responses from the conservatives to my comments on the Bush Administration have thus far been empty comments consisting of the words "ridiculous", "hogwash" and "out there". Yet I don't see any reasoning.

I sure would love to see some reasoning. The more we go on talking about these things with no reasoning coming from the conservatives, the more valid my points become.

Guest JMT
Responses from the conservatives to my comments on the Bush Administration have thus far been empty comments consisting of the words "ridiculous", "hogwash" and "out there".  Yet I don't see any reasoning.

I sure would love to see some reasoning.  The more we go on talking about these things with no reasoning coming from the conservatives, the more valid my points become.

bc anyone who took a minute to stop picking their ass during grade school american history class knows it. its what you would call common knowledge.

Guest endymion
bc anyone who took a minute to stop picking their ass during grade school american history class knows it.  its what you would call common knowledge.

Another insult with no substance to it. I'm not insulting you personally, I'm asking you to provide some valid points. You haven't.

I would love for you guys to change my mind. I admit it and correct myself when my facts are wrong. I'm listening to what you're saying. I'm waiting for something that makes sense. So far nothing but personal insults.

Guest bcnjunkie
the republican party in Lincoln's time was completely different than it is now.  as was the democratic party.  thats hogwash.

he was trying to establish a history (a track record, of sorts). Sounds alot smarter than "that's hogwash"

I'm curious, how many of you believe that a person is "born homosexual" as opposed to making a lifestyle choice?

My guess is that anyone opposed to same sex marriage believes that homosexuality is a choice and thus (as with most things in western religion) he who makes a "wrong choice" should suffer. IMO, both sides of the arguement are correct: a person is "born gay" and some make the choice to "live gay" and some do not (in the closet)...

Now, any legislation drawn up to outlaw same sex marriage, is inherently against a (possibly) natural disposition. Humanity comes in many shapes, forms and with many different beliefs. Let's not start allowing our laws to dictate against that which is not in our power to change.

Guest endymion

If homosexuality is a wrongful choice that an some inherently straight person can make and it's a sin to act against your true nature,

...then a closet case who pretends to be a butch, macho bigot has also made a lifestyle choice that defies nature. Who carries more guilt, the open homosexual having a healthy relationship with another human or the closeted homosexual expressing his inner conflict through bigotry?

Is lying and deception and acting against your true nature the greater sin? Is that a graver sin than two women who enjoy kissing each other a little too much? Which is a more dangerous moral transgression?

I feel that hate and intolerance are more evil and detrimental to the world than any amount of ass sex could ever be.