Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CoolJunkie.com Pre-Launch Checklist

Guest endymion

Guest endymion

Current launch status:

Complete:

* All sections check out: Indexes, Individual.

* Consistent behavior verified city-to-city: Miami, New York, San Juan

* Every available browser tested: Mac: Safari, IE, Mozilla; PC: IE, Mozilla, Opera; Linux: Konqueror, Mozilla, Opera

* Forum data transferred, time zone adjusted. Posts tested. Bolted down.

* All scripts working, guest lister test data cleared.

* All databases running.

* All existing mailboxes exist on new server:

* Verify all mail addresses map correctly with test email.

* DNS flip

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest endymion

Yep yep! It's on, and the main site is coming online too, we flipped DNS. You can see the new site through the nav links on the upper right of this page if you're curious.

Guest coach

Hey! Looking good. I like the new, easier navigation. But here's something that I have always wanted to see, content-wise. It would be very nice to have some actual interior shots from all the clubs. This is especially true of the new ones. And I'm not talking about face shots of the attendees, I mean some shots that would show what the club actually looks like. Full or empty, either way is fine. I know that's a lot to ask, but especially for newbies and visitors, it would sure add a lot of utility to the site.

Also, it sure would be nice to have a weblink for all the clubs with a website. Although I'm guessing that is one of the paid-for advertising sponsorships that the clubs have to buy.

Just my $.02

Guest pod

I have most of that, actually. Usually the images are in previous galleries, and are in the sponsor clubs' ads as well.

I've shot full-room images of most of the places worth going to around here.

the main page looks terrible...

I know you have to design the main pages for all types of resolutions, but come on, I'm running a 17 inch flat screen with 1024 X 768

I run the same at home though not a flat screen, but you can't have 3 inches on each side of the page blank..

Set a cookie for 2 resolutions, and let the user choose.

it's way too cluttered, and not organized too well since it's too skinny...

the bottom section looks misplaced and forms no symmetry with the top of the page...

it's like no mans land down there.

overrall I give it a C-

Guest endymion

I make the computers go, the graphic design is Nick. You just insulted Nick left and right, I'm sure he'll appreciate that.

And thanks for pissing all over a year's worth of 14 hour days. We have been up late working on this to bring this to you while you have been out at nightclubs having fun. You're welcome, asshole.

I make the computers go, the graphic design is Nick. You just insulted Nick left and right, I'm sure he'll appreciate that.

And thanks for pissing all over a year's worth of 14 hour days. We have been up late working on this to bring this to you while you have been out at nightclubs having fun. You're welcome, asshole.

a true friend, would always say what they really think, and I brought this up with him when they gave me the sneak preview link...

i'm sure cj is not done, and things over time change, but the main page while much improved doesn't do it for me.

I use to do online ads for about.com, so i know a thing or two about what is a good site...

i use to look at thousands a day, and evaulate them, to see if they had any real potential to spend ad dollars.

*i was the top seller in the division..

though i really like the forums, but the link to forums is too small and shouldn't be at the bottom..

nick, knows this is my opinon and not gospel..

Saleen, you are such an asshole!!! If you did talk to Nick about this "problem"(which I dont even encounter on my PC's) why did you feel the need to post about it? And since you did post about, why in such a negative fashion? Get some class buddy!!! ::)

don't waste your time on this guy ..

lol, i'm just posting what i think. the site while much improved has some issues within it. it's not like i'm going to abandon the site or anything. You'd be shocked how many little things I brought up with the old site, that they considered or made the changes.. i support the cj guys 100%, and while my critique may be harsh, it's just an opinion, and the cj guys may or make not take that opinion.

Guest endymion

The one single biggest problem that needs to be addressed with out site right now is inaccessibility to new members. We are in a mode where we are trying to attract new readership and new participants all over the country. We are trying as hard as we can to provide a vibe that is open and friendly and welcoming.

When new people find us at this point and begin to explore our community they see loud negativity, racism and homophobia. That turns people off and it makes it difficult for us to build our business. If you care about CoolJunkie then please think about that and knock it off.

Guest LeVeL

Well said TechJunkie, I gues its time to send Saleen to his former home Clubplanet.com..where he would feel right at home.

Guest coach

The one single biggest problem that needs to be addressed with out site right now is inaccessibility to new members. We are in a mode where we are trying to attract new readership and new participants all over the country. We are trying as hard as we can to provide a vibe that is open and friendly and welcoming.

That was exactly my point about the pictures. I know that Dan said that there are pictures up about the different clubs, but they are very hard to find. They are mixed up in the galleries or whatever. I think it would be a great idea if each club had its own page, as a *few* of them do, and that on each of those pages there was a small gallery of a dozen or so photos of the club.

I did look at the few clubs that had such a page and those had, at most, 3 pictures each, and they were very small. They were also generally unrepresentative of what the club actually looked like. Several of them were closeups of patrons or shots of the DJ, and the few that were more like room shots were so small as to be nearly indecipherable.

Other things that I think this site would benefit from greatly:

1) A calendar-style list of events. The little day-by-day thing across the top of the club pages is okay, but an actual calendar site, by month, would sure be nice. Especially if it were interactive and people could post their own events. Save you guys a lot of effort there. Got to http://dallasdancemusic.com/ for a good example of what I mean. Notice also that they have their calendar link right up there prominently at the top. (Wow, nothing on Mondays in Dallas.) This makes life so much easier and is a standard format similar to the calendar that you probably have hanging on your home or office wall.

2) I would love to see a "club rating" area set up. Kind of like they do on Digital City: http://digitalcity.com/southflorida/bars/venue.adp?sbid=103049187&type=userreviews. That would be something else that would be very useful to newbies and visitors. I mean, you have seen how we are *always* getting people coming on here asking, "Hey what's a cool club?". Well, this gives them some info on that before they have to ask that question for the hundredth time.

3) Some downloads. How about some viral marketing? I bet if you put up some cool desktops backgrounds, theme icons, and banners, plenty of people would use them to promote. I know that I would put your banner up on my site.

Also, I am going to have to agree that the front page is way too cluttered. And even I can't always figure out what is what.

The site really is looking good, just offering my suggestions.

Well said TechJunkie, I gues its time to send Saleen to his former home Clubplanet.com..where he would feel right at home.

As for this sentiment, I've seen on another forum that there is a way to ignore certain users? A lot of people arent necessarily personally offended (actually they might be), but just get a bad vibe from the things he posts. Is there a way to ignore him, and not have any of his responses visible? The old Tiesto forum had this neat option -- It gave the user the individual option of blocking out the obnoxious people...this way there was no real banning necessary. just a thought

Guest pod

Those pages you see are ads...to do that for every club would defeat the purpose of selling ads.

As for the photos being small, well, that is in part to accomodate the folk still stuck on POTS modems, and also larger photos tend to get ripped off easier. As the generator of most of the photographic content on the site, I get quite pissed when my photos show up elsewhere without my consent.