Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brooklyn?

Guest nickjunkie

Guest nickjunkie

I've been hearing whispers of some cool new spots up and coming across the bridge... What's the scene like over there? I've visited in the daytime a few times, but never partied.

Guest joeygk

THE LOFT PARTIES --- Brooklyn has been home to the sickiest aftahours scene in NYC -- I'm talking real hardcore afterhours ---- the place is just called "the loft" the location has changed twice since I've lived here in the city but the party is crazy ---- it's put together by the people behind robpromotions everyone from Tenaglia & Superchubmo have dropped by.

Duplexx is becoming quite the deep house hot spot --- it's in the fort green area of Brooklyn - what is that Williamsburg?

Bogaloo also throws down some killer weekday parties as well -- it's in Williamsburg -- caters to the Music Snob crowd -- last time I was there Tyrant - both Craig Richards & Lee Burridge were throwing down on a Monday night -- this was after their Saturday appearance at ARC.

*Also, the smoking ban isn't really enforced in Brooklyn - so a lot of people don't mind leaving the city!

Hope that helps. I usually don't make it out to Brooklyn unless I'm hanging w/ someone w/ a car --- the Loft Parties are HOT -- Craig Demo has been to them he can attest! ;) ;D

Guest djdimaggio

Too far...

(funny how I talk like I still live in NYC...hey, a guy's gotta dream)

no way do I set foot in that 3rd world country.

jk. it is annoying to take mass transit there, i never ever go to brooklyn.

[glow=red,2,300]Brooklyn is far from 3rd world...it is New York City! There are small hotspots but it is hard for most unless you are a local...it's like partying in Kendall or West Palm Beach...something like that...[/glow]

Too far...

[glow=red,2,300]Brooklyn is far from 3rd world...it is New York City! There are small hotspots but it is hard for most unless you are a local...it's like partying in Kendall or West Palm Beach...something like that...[/glow]

Maybe 3rd world country is pushing it...but once my cab ride hits $10...I've gone too far!

Guest nickjunkie

That's funny - West Palm and Kendall are like 30-45 mins in a car. Brooklyn is 5 subway stops. You guys are as lazy as I am ;D

Guest djdimaggio

Too far...

Maybe 3rd world country is pushing it...but once my cab ride hits $10...I've gone too far!

[glow=red,2,300]

Defy not a place to party if you live in the city[/glow]

That's funny - West Palm and Kendall are like 30-45 mins in a car. Brooklyn is 5 subway stops. You guys are as lazy as I am ;D

however, those trains are constantly under construction and all screwed up. They just stop midway on the bridges and sit there....they take forever, they are infested with smelly people from brooklyn (God how I hate getting on the L in the morning...it is a brooklyn sardine can...)

trust me, a trip to Brooklyn can oftentimes be a whole lot more than 5 subway stops...it can be hellish.

but yeah, there are some really really nice neighborhoods in brooklyn. and there are amazing restaurants too. lots of russians too....so many russians.

Classic NYC attitudes...love it...

Subway? To go out? We're not in Europe here... I have NEVER taken the subway to go out in Manhattan... [glow=blue,2,300](BIG BAD TYPO FIXED)[/glow]

Subway? To go out? We're not in Europe here... I have NEVER taken the subway to go out in Manhatten...

and I have never spelled Manhattan with an "e."

but i will concur, I have and never will take the subway to go out--- I like to get in a taxi with my friends, and of course, have the driver put on some music. ;)

Guest nickjunkie

Subway? To go out? We're not in Europe here... I have NEVER taken the subway to go out in Manhatten...

but i will concur, I have and never will take the subway to go out--- I like to get in a taxi with my friends, and of course, have the driver put on some music. ;)

It was kinda tough to find a decent one though huh?

It was kinda tough to find a decent one though huh?

it is impossible to find quality mainstream radio for EDM here, at least in a taxi. Online, etc is a totally different story. And no taxis have XM radio or the likes, unfortunately.

most drivers listen to AM radio stations broadcast by members of their countries abroad. That shit ends the moment i get in a taxi. i dont fare well with French-Moroccan news when ive had a few cocktails.

Correcting other people's typos is a habit of Evan's.

It's not annoying at all.

Guest timoconnell

however, those trains are constantly under construction and all screwed up. They just stop midway on the bridges and sit there....they take forever, they are infested with smelly people from brooklyn (God how I hate getting on the L in the morning...it is a brooklyn sardine can...)

Not all of us in Brooklyn smell.

Not all of us Brooklyn smell.

true. two-thirds. my apologies.

;);););) 8) :P :P :-*

Guest timoconnell

Oops, I meant, 'Not all of us IN Brooklyn smell'...yeah, I'm a Brooklyner myself and to remedy the stink, I hand out deoderant freely as a public service.

After a late night clubbing or boozin, the worst situation is to miss the the F connections at Jay Street or at Bleecker Street. I either end up downtown or in the Bronx. Those two hour rides from Manhattan to Brooklyn are painful.

That was a pimp hat you had on the other night by the way!

Oops, I meant, 'Not all of us IN Brooklyn smell'...yeah, I'm a Brooklyner myself and to remedy the stink, I hand out deoderant freely as a public service.

After a late night clubbing or boozin, the worst situation is to miss the the F connections at Jay Street or at Bleecker Street. I either end up downtown in the Bronx. Those two hour rides from Manhattan to Brooklyn are painful.

Tim! so good to have you back here, I was wondering where the hell you were.

Pimp hat...haha. I was wondering why all the hoes were in my grill up in the club. Shiiiiiiit. backdafuckup is what I said to all them.

Guest timoconnell

Right on! I'm back but then off to New Zealand for two weeks. I leave next Wednesday! I cannot wait. I will provide plenty of details and will upload NZ photos to my website when I get back...and there will be plenty photos, I can promise that. I tend to freak out when I see new nature.

Guest djdimaggio

After a late night clubbing or boozin, the worst situation is to miss the the F connections at Jay Street or at Bleecker Street. I either end up downtown in the Bronx. Those two hour rides from Manhattan to Brooklyn are painful.

[glow=red,2,300]Dude, don't you dare sell Brooklyn out...who cares what Evan says...Brooklyn is New York no matter how you slice it and for Evan to say anything negative about Brooklyn people, I find that extremely offensive and it's obvious he's not a "New Yorker"!!!

Brooklyn people don't smell..not even 3/4 of them..my whole family is from Brooklyn so that is nothing but a slap in the face...BROOKLYN IS NEW YORK YOU IDIOT..GO BACK TO WEST CHESTER!!! :-*[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Dude, don't you dare sell Brooklyn out...who cares what Evan says...Brooklyn is New York no matter how you slice it and for Evan to say anything negative about Brooklyn people, I find that extremely offensive and it's obvious he's not a "New Yorker"!!!

Brooklyn people don't smell..not even 3/4 of them..my whole family is from Brooklyn so that is nothing but a slap in the face...BROOKLYN IS NEW YORK YOU IDIOT..GO BACK TO WEST CHESTER!!! :-*[/glow]

Whatever, Dad. I was kidding.

But the bottom line, at 9:15am during the week, I get on the "L" train in the morning, and it smells like a can of tuna.

PS, Westchester is one word.

Guest timoconnell

Charles, great business card! I sent an email to that address today but it came back undeliverable...so I pm'd you instead.

No Brooklyn sell out here! I'm diggin Brooklyn. Odor or not, it's a great place to be! Nah for real, people don't stink here...Ev your bias is coming from the homeless men you befriend on the L . While we're on Brooklyn...it's really not that far away either. Why do mad people think that? I travel in to Manhattan everyday and usually on the weekends too. Problem is I don't spend enough time here. Anyone up for those afterhour loft parties?

Charles, great business card! I sent an email to that address today but it came back undeliverable...so I pm'd you instead.

No Brooklyn sell out here! I'm diggin Brooklyn. Odor or not, it's a great place to be! Nah for real, people don't stink here...Ev your bias is coming from the homeless men you befriend on the L . While we're on Brooklyn...it's really not that far away either. Why do mad people think that? I travel in to Manhattan everyday and usually on the weekends too. Problem is I don't spend enough time here. Anyone up for those afterhour loft parties?

I know, everyone really does think of Brooklyn as so far away. Nothing is worse than Staten Island. I truly dont know how people live there....it is an island surrounded by ocean and the worst traffic wherever you try to go. That would be so claustrophobic to me...

Brooklyn is cool, I like it. great food, fun people--definitely the best borough outside of manhattan. ;)

THE LOFT PARTIES --- Brooklyn has been home to the sickiest aftahours scene in NYC -- I'm talking real hardcore afterhours ---- the place is just called "the loft" the location has changed twice since I've lived here in the city but the party is crazy ---- it's put together by the people behind robpromotions everyone from Tenaglia & Superchubmo have dropped by.

Duplexx is becoming quite the deep house hot spot --- it's in the fort green area of Brooklyn - what is that Williamsburg?

Bogaloo also throws down some killer weekday parties as well -- it's in Williamsburg -- caters to the Music Snob crowd -- last time I was there Tyrant - both Craig Richards & Lee Burridge were throwing down on a Monday night -- this was after their Saturday appearance at ARC.

*Also, the smoking ban isn't really enforced in Brooklyn - so a lot of people don't mind leaving the city!

Hope that helps. I usually don't make it out to Brooklyn unless I'm hanging w/ someone w/ a car --- the Loft Parties are HOT -- Craig Demo has been to them he can attest! ;) ;D

Damn!! the LOFT is still around? Talk about longevity!!! My uncle used to go to that afterhours spot! And that was like 20-some odd years ago!!!! If it's the same LOFT you guys are talking about, then when i go back to visit NYC I gotta check it out. Is the Paradise Garage still around? I hear Larry Levan used to spin there before he passed.