Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is it just me??? or is electronic/dance music 70% guys?

Guest sanmartindj

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shannon_coolj.

when i lived in atlanta there were just as many girls as guys.

and they were all there for the music, nothing else...(pod, i don't think the ratio is dependent upon girls at clubs to pick up people)

i don't think that miami is any different. i see just as many guys out as girls. i mean, i'm a girl and i know a lot of girls here that love the music (and understand it as well) as the guys...

:)

Guest pod

Saying something like that on the boards is like preaching to the choir, though. Based on a quick overview of my crowd shots, the quality venues (Space, Privilege, crobar, Nerve..i.e. places with good DJs) tend to attract more guys than girls...

Guest Cosmigonon

Saying something like that on the boards is like preaching to the choir, though. Based on a quick overview of my crowd shots, the quality venues (Space, Privilege, crobar, Nerve..i.e. places with good DJs) tend to attract more guys than girls...

:'(

Guest Diabolique

I definitely have noticed more guys than girls at the events I've gone to, but I also have only gone to places where the music is the top priority for the evening. It happens everywhere, and probably because guys are gadget and big time music junkies. It seems pretty natural to me..

Guest pod

Now I'm obviously not talking about the girls on here -- i.e. it takes a modicum of intelligence to get online, come here, and post without me deleting you for being a moron -- but the bulk of the girl clubgoers in Miami have no real interest, or clue about the "real" clubs in town. On any given night, when I'm out and about, I'll see a gaggle of empty-headed J-Lo wannabes from Hialeah babbling about their nightly destination. Usually, they're led off by some loudmouth advertising "ladies free all night" (to get harassed) at club whatever...they don't want to go to crobar, Nerve, Space, or Privilege and listen to "beep beep beep" all night.

Now I'm obviously not talking about the girls on here -- i.e. it takes a modicum of intelligence to get online, come here, and post without me deleting you for being a moron -- but the bulk of the girl clubgoers in Miami have no real interest, or clue about the "real" clubs in town. On any given night, when I'm out and about, I'll see a gaggle of empty-headed J-Lo wannabes from Hialeah babbling about their nightly destination. Usually, they're led off by some loudmouth advertising "ladies free all night" (to get harassed) at club whatever...they don't want to go to crobar, Nerve, Space, or Privilege and listen to "beep beep beep" all night.

And that's why these peabrains always end up at Club Deep.... Where they belong.

Guest pod

Exactly. I'm just explaining to the folk here that is why good events usually have a guy majority.

It is too bad that clubs in general have a rap as drug dens or pick-up-joints. I have a hard time convincing my non-involved girl friends to come out...

I definitely hear you, I have many women friends that are reluctant to go to EDM venues simply because of what they've heard.

well then, you're women friends suck....

j.k They should come - its a total sausage fest... :o

And you suck because you can't come to space this weekend to celebrate my b-day with me,lol :P

Guest coach

...they don't want to... listen to "beep beep beep" all night.

LMFAO!!! That phrase is just too freaking hilarious.

Guest pod

haha :)

Sometimes I'm just mean though. One time I was hanging at Nerve, and Lee Burridge was on the decks, and these 2 random girls asked me if he was gonna play hip-hop when I exited the booth...I kind of gave them a piece of my mind...i.e. "geez, don't you read the flyers? Your taste in music is horrid...stay here and learn a thing or two, or go be molested over at (at the time) Level..."

Then again I had a drink or two under me...and for the record, they stuck around for a bit.

Guest sanmartindj

Exactly. I'm just explaining to the folk here that is why good events usually have a guy majority.

It is too bad that clubs in general have a rap as drug dens or pick-up-joints. I have a hard time convincing my non-involved girl friends to come out...

I wasn't trying to say that edm clubs are bad pick-up joints ( which they are), I simply wondered why the electronic scene is composed of mostly men.

does dance music simply appeal more to men than women or like someone said: they simply enjoy being harrased in places like club deep ::)

I don't go out clubbing to pick up girls, but it would be nice to see more girls than guys in their jerseys (did I spell that right?) at space.

I think they love the attention they get from those thirsty, desperate wolves at club deep. They love the feeling of 5 or 6 clueless idiots slobbering all over them. LOL It's an ego boost. It makes them feel wanted. Women have egos too you know. And knowing that she has 5 or 6 guys fighting to buy her a drink to pick from, makes her feel like a superstar. :P :P. At that point she's received 6 drinks without spending a penny. Very efficient money managing, who needs an economics class?. And all she has to do is pick. Meanwhile those other 5 hip hop mongrels are duking it out with security. While she's laughing on the inside. I see it all the time. "Yo son, dat's my bitch" , " nah n***a I saw dat bitch first" I tell you women have it easy.... :P ;D ;D

Guest LeVeL

[quote author=sanmartindj

does dance music simply appeal more to men than women or like someone said: they simply enjoy being harrased in places like club deep ::).

I think they love the attention they get from those thirsty, desperate wolves at club deep. They love the feeling of 5 or 6 clueless idiots slobbering all over them. LOL It's an ego boost. It makes them feel wanted. Women have egos too you know. And knowing that she has 5 or 6 guys fighting to buy her a drink to pick from, makes her feel like a superstar. :P :P. At that point she's received 6 drinks without spending a penny. Very efficient money managing, who needs an economics class?. And all she has to do is pick. Meanwhile those other 5 hip hop mongrels are duking it out with security. While she's laughing on the inside. I see it all the time. "Yo son, dat's my bitch" , " nah n***a I saw dat bitch first" I tell you women have it easy.... :P ;D ;D

Hey Rick you preaching to my ears right now man...I totally agree with you there 100% word up.

But is the harassment and groping worth it in the end?

Some chicks are that screwed up in the head....... They're willing to deal with the B.S. because they live in this imaginary, unrealistic world where every man is fighting over them, and after all the crap, this imaginary knight in a shining "hummer" comes to rescue her and "sweeps " her off her feet...... lol..I'm not kidding, I know women like this, that are constantly dreaming, it's like a big time emotional trip for them. They love it.

Guest Diabolique

[quote author=sanmartindj

does dance music simply appeal more to men than women or like someone said: they simply enjoy being harrased in places like club deep ::).

sounds like a form of torture to me, being subjected to bad music and worthless wankers...

I get hit on but not anymore than I do outside of clubbing. MUSic, LIKE sports, is a male dominated pastime, with a few women who probably either prefer quality entertainment and/or enjoy guy stuff,ie martial arts, motercycles, etc.Personally, the reason that sealed the deal in gettng into EDM was that I was refreshingly NOT hit on, and the guys stimuated my mind. However, I don't see as many girls keeping up on the details of the music.I only know of 3 girls who have record collections, and know certain artists' works very well. I do not know of a single female who knows anything about any type of equipment, myself included (well, I know just a little bit, but not much!)

sounds like a form of torture to me, being subjected to bad music and worthless wankers...

That's because mentally you're not in the same league as the majority of these retarded chicks out there. So of course it won't make sense to you, or anybody else in their right mind for that matter. Give yourself a pat on the back, you should be proud.... ;) ;D

Guest obby

Not sure why, but the scene revolves around the music more than picking up people. You want better ratios, you have to go to a hip-hop party.

True

Hip Hop (also known as Hate Hop) lyrics consist of either violence or living the life which to them includes sipping Crystal and banging everyone and their mothers.

Look at the way people dance to hip hop. The just imitate fucking (sex) moves.

Guest pod

It's funny though, you hear those same girls going 'Oh, Pepe was so mean to me last night, I better get a new pair of shoes out of that!'