Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friday June 12th...Tiesto Returns to NYC...not at Roxy though!

According to Plexi PR, Tiesto has been booked to perform at...I cant even believe this....Avalon-

thoughts??? Can this venue handle this??? It's so hard to tell, since he wasnt really filling up the roxy either...at least not like pvd does...he surely doesnt have the pull in NYC like he does in miami when it comes to drawing a crowd...close tho. i dont know what to think.

Guest Idreamofdancing

While attending an outrageous birthday bash by Mr. Dinaire. a source revealed to me that yes, DJ Tiesto will be spinning at Avalong June 12th....at first I chuckled in disbelief. I had told him that my roommate is the "boy about town" and knows everything and that was something I would have def heard...after mentioning this bit of news almost 48 hours after a never-ending, a keg of beer and 47 bloody mary's...the news was confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!

So not only do we get to see Tiesto in NY, but a week later I get to go down to FLA and see him again!!!!!!!! Even though I am shunned from the family and known as the black sheep child for missing the annual Father's Day gala....I mean why do calender makers decide when is the day to spend time with your dad...so annoying...anyways..exciting news!!!!!

Guest Idreamofdancing

According to Plexi PR, Tiesto has been booked to perform at...I cant even believe this....Avalon-

thoughts??? Can this venue handle this??? It's so hard to tell, since he wasnt really filling up the roxy either...at least not like pvd does...he surely doesnt have the pull in NYC like he does in miami when it comes to drawing a crowd...close tho. i dont know what to think.

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!! I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO POST TO, AND YOU BEAT ME BY 4MINS, AND I EVEN CREDITED YOU IN MINE.....

PLEASE NO ONE RESPOND TO THIS POST, AND ONLY MINE!!!!!!

HAHAHHA :(

Guest JMT

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!! I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO POST TO, AND YOU BEAT ME BY 4MINS, AND I EVEN CREDITED YOU IN MINE.....

ha ha, thanks for the breaking news Aryn.

ha ha, thanks for the breaking news Aryn.

ya aryn, way to go. :P

Guest joeygk

I hope Avalon gets it together by then b/c I'm having flashbacks to Sasha&Digweed on NYE --- "Help I'm trapped in the hip-hop room & having a nervous breakdown!" "Why are there so many people in here!" "It took me 90 minutes to get to the bathrooms!" "Someone Please Help...I can't get to the bar....CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!"

I hope Avalon gets it together by then b/c I'm having flashbacks to Sasha&Digweed on NYE --- "Help I'm trapped in the hip-hop room & having a nervous breakdown!" "Why are there so many people in here!" "It took me 90 minutes to get to the bathrooms!" "Someone Please Help...I can't get to the bar....CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!"

calgon? try Evan. I do believe that I was your knight in shinging armor that evening, baby boy ;)

Guest joeygk
calgon? try Evan. I do believe that I was your knight in shinging armor that evening

If I hadn't hung upstairs the entire night I def would have left.

I heard Carl Cox @Avalon was even worse than S&D ----- Tiesto is more popular than both S&D or Cox --- so I can only imagine how crowded Avalon is going to be. Hopefully, they'll just jack up the ticket price and let less people in.

they'll pack the place silly. I cant believe that they actually booked him there....Im thinking I might just sit up on the third level and watch from there and groove a bit, and save the dancefloor for Space the next weekend. It is so strange to think of tiesto spinning at avalon.

Now, someone explain why he isnt with MADE any more?

Not a Tiesto fan, but I'm sure it will be a huge night at Avalon. I'm a big fan of the space.

how does avalon compare to space , do you think, when it comes to the amount of space? both layouts are fairly similar with the main dance floor and the elevated DJ booth, what I like about avalon is that the DJ booth is actually elevated, not jus thigh off the ground. but what about capacity--are they comparable?

Guest JMT

Not a Tiesto fan, but I'm sure it will be a huge night at Avalon. I'm a big fan of the space.

.... what I like about avalon is that the DJ booth is actually elevated, not jus thigh off the ground....

what do you mean by that?

Guest JMT

The DJ booth is actually on the second level. So you can go under it on the first level. SOrry for that terrible description!

oh i see. so if you are on the first floor you have to look all the way up to see the dj? maybe a little like if the booth was on the second floor of space... is that the idea, or no?

The DJ booth is actually on the second level. So you can go under it on the first level. SOrry for that terrible description!

oh i see. so if you are on the first floor you have to look all the way up to see the dj? maybe a little like if the booth was on the second floor of space... is that the idea, or no?

"all the way" has a negative connotation. It isnt that high- but yes, you are correct-

Guest LeVeL

While attending an outrageous birthday bash by Mr. Dinaire. a source revealed to me that yes, DJ Tiesto will be spinning at Avalong June 12th....at first I chuckled in disbelief. I had told him that my roommate is the "boy about town" and knows everything and that was something I would have def heard...after mentioning this bit of news almost 48 hours after a never-ending, a keg of beer and 47 bloody mary's...the news was confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!

So not only do we get to see Tiesto in NY, but a week later I get to go down to FLA and see him again!!!!!!!! Even though I am shunned from the family and known as the black sheep child for missing the annual Father's Day gala....I mean why do calender makers decide when is the day to spend time with your dad...so annoying...anyways..exciting news!!!!!

Thanks Aryn for the exclusive, not like someone I know(Hint,hint EV). Hey so why doesn't Tiesto have such a huge fan base in New York, I would think he'll have his followers overthere like he does here in Miami. I know there are other venues and Dj's in New York. But come on people this is Tiesto, I cant believe he never fulled up Roxy and now this venue change to Avalon. I hope people decide to check him out its a shame a lot of people are missing out.

this is a perfect example of why, cj, needs the laughing smiley...

I would have about 50 laughing ones all over this thread..

tiesto in nyc, what a fing joke.. can we get some mac with that cheese?

sure! bowtie or shells? i prefer bow-ties, they are al dente in the middle.

Guest JMT

the biggest joke is that Saleen actually read this thread and took the time to post.

#1 In The World! 2 Years Running! Behold the power of cheese! F-ing deal with it!!!

June 12th is Saturday.

I am in Vegas for a bachelor party that weekend.

I feel like I did when I found out Santa wasn't real...this blows.

:(

SANTA is real...he's in Boston on the 23rd...superfantastic...

It's a Wednesday night, it will be a long Thursday morning...

:D ;D 8)

Guest Idreamofdancing

June 12th is Saturday.

I am in Vegas for a bachelor party that weekend.

I feel like I did when I found out Santa wasn't real...this blows.

:(

SANTA is real...he's in Boston on the 23rd...superfantastic...

It's a Wednesday night, it will be a long Thursday morning...

:D ;D 8)

That is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you...you better come back down friday though for PVD at summer stage...June is a super duper month...hiiiiii Tim.