Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOBE

MIRZA1414779019

What will happen to SOBE if they change the time that clubs and bars can stay open till from 5:00 AM  

1. 1. What will happen to SOBE if they change the time that clubs and bars can stay open till from 5:00 AM

Guest LeVeL

Yeah if you walk in the backstreet by the Miami Arena around that area you have a bunch of bums slleping on th sidewalk that itself looks mighty bad nothing compared to Downtown Ft. Lauderdale. They have a long way to go before its really cleaned up.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

it was a metaphor, i didnt mean it literally people. :)

but Downtown HAS improved by leaps and bounds since a decade ago.

Guest pod

It has enough potential that I would love to move back. Middle Beach is cool, but when downtown is where it is at, you kinda want to be closer.

For now I'll settle for my own transportation...(waits for Techjunkie to tell me I'm unsafe at any speed)...

A good area if you're looking to buy raw buildings or property is Flagler Street. An unfurnished loft can be had for $100K...for now...a cabbie who drove me to space once said he found a place in good shape..all the essentials...water, power, telecom, etc...if you are handy with building things, $100K is a steal...

Guest web_norah

Downtown isnt bad. i like the quiet moments and not having to stay home during Memorial Day weekend (oops! thats coming around the corner isnt it!?). May the force be with those that live on the beach :o

Guest LeVeL

Yup its almost that time again the craziness begins very soon. I sually try to stay away from the beach during the time. I only hit up the beach on Memorial Day and I decide to bathe on the beach on that day thats my only motivation on that day.

Guest web_norah

two years ago, Crobar did the unthinkable and booked Erick Morillo, and that was a great party during Memorial Day. Pod was there, remember???

Guest LeVeL

Any info on whats happening on that weekend but Electronic Music events. I would like to stay as far away from Hip Hop and their clubs on that weekend.

Guest coach

Didn't Nerve post an EDM event on Mem weekend? Last year we took refuge in the Playright which was pretty fun. Not EDM, but not hip hop either. Mostly a bunch of locals scoffing at the mayhem on the streets.

Guest web_norah

i think Hector Romero is in Miami at Nerve during the long weekend. Space usually has something and i have heard of a few Keys-bound gatherings.

Guest jem33139

"2 AM closing time is proposed only in the infamous "south of 5th street" zone. As it stands, that would leave anything worth going to on South Beach alone.

Any way you slice it, the future of local nightlife is across the bridge. Think about it, you can be as noisy as you want for as long as you want..."

POD, look at all those new condos going up close to Space, it is just a matter of time before the same thing happens there....what pisses me off is that the reason why all these complainers came down here was because of the hedonistic lifestyle of south beach...it comes along with the territory...if u don't like the noise, live in aventura.

Guest pod

What new condos? I see a few low slung loft apts a few blocks away, but nothing Portofino esque.

Besides, the city of Miami formally designated 11th Street as an entertainment zone. Developers full well know what it's all about before they build. Believe me, the owners of clubs Downtown are very powerful and won't let something like that slide.

Guest bcnjunkie

yup !, plus the lofts being built are not in direct proximity, infact they're more likely to complain more about the noise from 195

Guest jem33139

I don't know if u guys live here in Miami; but there at least 2 big condos going up rt on Biscayne. One is Museum 10 or something like that and the other is on the other block south about 2 blocks east of space.......anyways that is just the begginning.....Don't u guys remember how SB was? and look at it now; how commercial it is....I am just saying, its just a matter of time....hopefully not too soon.

Guest bcnjunkie

what you see there are the sales centers, most of those condos will be built east of biscayne and in no direct line with space or that district.

Guest pod

Ten Museum Park is going up where Bicentennial Park now sits. Their sales center is right across the street.

Bear in mind that that project has Michael Capponi involved, whom is a prime defender of nightlife on both sides of the causeway. So count them out about complaining about Space. Besides, you cannot hear the club much beyond the Metromover stop on 11th and 1st anyway...I should know I take it home every Sunday morning.

The condos are not going to find Downtown nightlife as easy for the taking.