Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Junkies...

Guest usmcr

Guest usmcr

Hello everyone..I'm actually new in this town (from North Carolina)...been down here for like a month, and have definitely met some cool people, who actually referred me here, lol so show some southern hospitality ;D

Guest saintjohn

welcome to cooljunkie! so, what brings you here?

usmcr + north carolina = semper fi?

just curious.

Guest usmcr

Hey now! We have another Broward boy!!! Welcome to the boards. USMCR...Marine Corps?

Thanks, so another Broward boy.. I hope that's a good thing lol.. Marine Corps yeah, staying here for a little while.

Guest usmcr

welcome to cooljunkie! so, what brings you here?

usmcr + north carolina = semper fi?

just curious.

You got it right, lol..you in the military man? I'm down here for a while just finished active duty..and thinking about going reserves.

Guest usmcr

Well the peeps on this board are mostly from Dade County but some of us live in Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Again welcome aboard. enjoy your stay and please....feed the crackheads!!! ;D

LMAO will do.

wait, I know who you are: :-X

Anti-War Soldier Faces Court-Martial Wednesday

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

SAVANNAH, Ga. — A U.S. soldier who left his unit in Iraq rather than fight for what he called an "oil-driven war" faces a court-martial Wednesday on a desertion (search) charge.

Staff Sgt. Camilo Mejia (search), 28, of Miami Beach, Fla., could go to prison for a year and receive a bad conduct discharge if convicted by a military jury at Fort Stewart.

The Florida National Guardsman left his unit in Iraq (search) in October on a two-week furlough to the United States. He was gone for five months before turning himself in to the Army in March.

He said his war experience made him decide to seek conscientious objector status.

The infantryman said he believes the war is unjust because it is about control of oil supplies. He also said he was upset over the death of civilians.

He said he was particularly upset over an incident in which his unit was ambushed and civilians were hit in the ensuing gunfire, and another in which he said an Iraqi boy died after confusion over which military doctor should treat him.

He also claimed he saw Iraqi prisoners treated "with great cruelty" when he was put in charge of processing detainees a year ago at al-Assad, an Iraqi air base occupied by U.S. forces.

Mejia filed the statements March 16, before the Iraqi prisoner scandal at the Abu Ghraib prison became public. Fort Stewart officials said they have forwarded his account to the Army.

In his objector application, Mejia said detainees were kept blindfolded and troops were ordered to use sleep-deprivation tactics to aid with interrogations.

He said prisoners were kept awake for up to 48 hours at a time, often by yelling at them or having them sit and stand for several minutes.

"When these techniques failed, we would bang on the wall with a huge sledgehammer ... or load a 9 mm pistol next to their ear," Mejia wrote.

"The way we treated these men was hard even for the soldiers, especially after realizing that many of these `combatants' were no more than shepherds

Guest usmcr

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

SAVANNAH, Ga. — A U.S. soldier who left his unit in Iraq rather than fight for what he called an "oil-driven war" faces a court-martial Wednesday on a desertion (search) charge.

Staff Sgt. Camilo Mejia (search), 28, of Miami Beach, Fla., could go to prison for a year and receive a bad conduct discharge if convicted by a military jury at Fort Stewart.

The Florida National Guardsman left his unit in Iraq (search) in October on a two-week furlough to the United States. He was gone for five months before turning himself in to the Army in March.

He said his war experience made him decide to seek conscientious objector status.

The infantryman said he believes the war is unjust because it is about control of oil supplies. He also said he was upset over the death of civilians.

He said he was particularly upset over an incident in which his unit was ambushed and civilians were hit in the ensuing gunfire, and another in which he said an Iraqi boy died after confusion over which military doctor should treat him.

He also claimed he saw Iraqi prisoners treated "with great cruelty" when he was put in charge of processing detainees a year ago at al-Assad, an Iraqi air base occupied by U.S. forces.

Mejia filed the statements March 16, before the Iraqi prisoner scandal at the Abu Ghraib prison became public. Fort Stewart officials said they have forwarded his account to the Army.

In his objector application, Mejia said detainees were kept blindfolded and troops were ordered to use sleep-deprivation tactics to aid with interrogations.

He said prisoners were kept awake for up to 48 hours at a time, often by yelling at them or having them sit and stand for several minutes.

"When these techniques failed, we would bang on the wall with a huge sledgehammer ... or load a 9 mm pistol next to their ear," Mejia wrote.

"The way we treated these men was hard even for the soldiers, especially after realizing that many of these `combatants' were no more than shepherds

Dude, shit like this only happens in the Army.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

just fucking ya... I went to ECU, you probably were in Jacksonville. If so and were around greenville in the 90's I probably beat you up at one of the bars, when I was bouncing. The jar heads were loose cannons around there. Welcome to CJ.. 8)

Guest usmcr

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

just fucking ya... I went to ECU, you probably were in Jacksonville. If so and were around greenville in the 90's I probably beat you up at one of the bars, when I was bouncing. The jar heads were loose cannons around there. Welcome to CJ.. 8)

LMAO...no I wasn't in Jacksonville...was actually in Boston at that time, but I had my encounters, crazy nights man. 8)

Guest pod

Well you know what Army stands for:

Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet.

(not a marine or military, but know the humour)

8)

Welcome aboard and don't be fooled, most people on this board are alright.

Guest saintjohn

usmcr, it's always good to have another 954 cooljunkie. welcome aboard!

saleen, an acquaintance of mine is actually in the same unit as mejia. i think you'd appreciate his considered assessment of that particular "concientious objector."

pod, usmc = uncle sam's misguided children

Guest LeVeL

Its always good to see a Marine back home with their family and friends evethough deep in the heart of a soldier he rather be overseas fighting to protect what he blieves in.

I got family that are in the Marines and they are currently in the battlefield in Iraq. As much as I miss my cousins, I know they rather be overthere than overhere doing nothing. It just shows los cojones those men and women of our military have to be fighting with an enemy which they cant see. It can be a civilian or a man acting as an informant to the military but its something we cant walk away from now. This is the new war...