Clubplanet Nightlife Community

has this ever happened to you (hispanics)

Guest bcnjunkie

Guest ddg

this thread is too much..

btw....i have lived in jersey when i was younger...elizabeth(armpit of the us), scotch plains and westfield, moved down here, then went to college in north carolina...and can't remember anyone being racist to me...and i also live in west palm right now...i think it all comes down to how you present yourself 8)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3nz0

this thread is too much..

btw....i have lived in jersey when i was younger...elizabeth(armpit of the us), scotch plains and westfield, moved down here, then went to college in north carolina...and can't remember anyone being racist to me...and i also live in west palm right now...i think it all comes down to how you present yourself 8)

Well Diego, you don't exactly look Hispanic. :P

Guest r3nz0

no me diga...el va para river.... ??? ::) ;D

:o

Bro, he's the biggest River fan I've ever seen. :P

Well, at least you guys can agree on one thing: 26_22_2.gif

;D

Guest shannon_coolj.

well, I have to admit, I know the southerners can't stand us, however, we have customers from Tenesse, Georgia, Alabama that reside in Palm Beach that simply have great manners. Believe it or not, the Northeasteners (and Canadians) are the most obnoxious ones. For the most part, the wealthy southerners are so educated (not only in manners but they know about food, wine, art and are very worldly). They may not like us but they're a pleasure to work for, very civilized.

Believe it or not, you might be way 2 stupid to be allowed to travel north of Dade. I am a Southerner (of sorts) and while my countrymen to the north are much more direct and sometimes mislabeled as "obnoxious" - Southerners are much less tolerant of EuroTrash like you. They just won't say it to your face.

Someone once told me that a true southerner "will insult you and have you thank them afterwards". The southerners were probably making fun of your EuroHispanicTrashlookin ass the entire time.... and I bet you were very polite. Nice!

At least the Northerners are honest on where they stand.

I know I'm coming into this SO late but bcn junkie, don't listen to this guy. I'm from GEORGIA and I, for one, don't believe it's this way. Yeah, there's the whole "Southern hospitality" thing, but if I don't like someone, I tell them to their face (and btw, I never hate anyone because of race).

When I first moved to Miami, it did piss me off that people didn't speak English (if I moved to France, I wouldn't expect them to speak to me in English). But you know what? Miami is multicultural...and that's one of the best parts about it. The Europeans and South Americans are what make this city so interesting and far different from Anytown, USA.

And as for Saleen...dude, if you love Jersey and the Northeast so much, then MOVE BACK. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the rest of the racist pigs up there.

Guest bcnjunkie

Interviewjunkie:

whether or not those people hate me because of my background is irrelevant. I don't go there to socialize or to become their friend. I am there to provide a service that has gained a famed reputation for being consistantly good. It's business ! They must like us in some way if they keep using us anyways (we're not the only ones in town you know, but we are one of the best). Believe me I know it's not true and I have friends in Georgia that are 100% born and raised in Georgia and when I visit them I feel 100% welcomed and at ease. They live right outside Atlanta. When they visit Miami I take them out and they like the diversity. Sure they get a little annoyed sometimes with the spanish thing but they have never been hypocrites about it and they always come back... (they dig Crobar) maybe next time I'll take them to Space (or maybe not ;D ) Oh ! I forgot, my friends in Lubbock, TX are so nice and whenever there's a problem they're the first one's to be there for you (enough proof of being genuine) so no matter what they say, my personal experiences say otherwise. The only place I felt "out of place" was Pensacola.

Guest bcnjunkie

And as for Saleen...dude, if you love Jersey and the Northeast so much, then MOVE BACK. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the rest of the racist pigs up there.

animal%20house%20(john%20belushi%20zit).jpg

that boy is a p-i-g pig!

LOL...

Guest Cosmigonon

I just want to know something. There are lots of immigrants from Latin America who just got here and don't speak very well, or any at all; so if a person wlaks up to this person and talks to this person in spanish, whre's the racism in that??? ???

Guest shannon_coolj.

there's not... i guess bcn junkie was wondering why people assume he's spanish

i talk in english ('cause it is America, after all)...until i hear that someone can't speak english. then i ATTEMPT to speak in spanish, but fail miserably

Guest bcnjunkie

I just want to know something. There are lots of immigrants from Latin America who just got here and don't speak very well, or any at all; so if a person wlaks up to this person and talks to this person in spanish, whre's the racism in that??? ???

I see your point !, there's no racism in that. But automatically they speak to me in spanish and I'm not refering about the people doing it to try and be nice so as to really communicate, I'm refering mainly to the one's that do it with this sorta "here's another one off the boat" look. It doesn't happen to me in Miami that much, mainly in Palm Beach or Boca. They see my real hispanic look and I get the "por favor... yo querer....." rethoric. It sounds so funny, you should see when they catch me speaking french, they're like "oh you speak frech ?" and their whole demeanor changes.