Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets dicuss internet law...

"The most direct reason is that a federal law that those who host, rather than author, speech on the Internet cannot be treated, for legal purposes, as having published it. As a result, they cannot be sued for defamation -- or for any other tort that has publication as one of its essential elements.

The law protects message board owners, chat room hosts, bloggers who give others access to their blogs, and indeed, virtually anyone who allows material on their site, or provides access to material, that they do not themselves author. That includes Google and other search sites."

so for example, lets say you were on a message board, and you called a celebrity a "coke whore", one would say, that board could get sued, but for us, who know the law since we are italain from nj and know how to guido fist pump, we would say, you can't get sued, therefore with what i posted, you can clearly see YOU CAN'T GET SUED, AND SOME LAWYERS SHOULD DO THIER HOMEWORK...

btw, my source is cnn.com

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guyman1966

Saleen – Haven’t you learned anything. People from Europe make up laws and rules that are convenient for them at the time. It is similar to the way in which they like to re-write history. Its the price we pay to post on a EuroTrash board.

Saleen – Haven’t you learned anything. People from Europe make up laws and rules that are convenient for them at the time. It is similar to the way in which they like to re-write history. Its the price we pay to post on a EuroTrash board.

yea, but someone has to keep them in check, and that someone is me!!! I can't wait to run into the junkie lawyer who told me i'm wrong... How hard is it to look up a federal law? I've seen my neighbor do research on aol for his real world cases...

so for example, lets say you were on a message board, and you called a celebrity a "coke whore", one would say, that board could get sued, but for us, who know the law since we are italain from nj and know how to guido fist pump, we would say, you can't get sued, therefore with what i posted, you can clearly see YOU CAN'T GET SUED, AND SOME LAWYERS SHOULD DO THIER HOMEWORK...

btw, my source is cnn.com

This is the funniest shit i've read all day......

the italian from nj and we know how to guido fist pump... bwahahhhaaaa

good one nick ;D

Guest shannon_coolj.

Yes, that's right, Guyman. People from Europe just make up rules to make your life more difficult. Yes, they sit around all day (because they have nothing else to do) and devise evil plans.

Oh, and by the way...if it wasn't for the Europeans, you wouldn't have half the quality music in our scene today.

So, enough with the "euro trash" bullshit.

And as for this legal stuff. You're right, Saleen. I took a media law class (which included Internet law) and cooljunkie is not legally responsible for messages on here.

But I'm not the legal junkie, so Kathryn will have to take care of this ... none of us have any legal certification to do anything!

Yes, that's right, Guyman. People from Europe just make up rules to make your life more difficult. Yes, they sit around all day (because they have nothing else to do) and devise evil plans.

Oh, and by the way...if it wasn't for the Europeans, you wouldn't have half the quality music in our scene today.

And as for this legal stuff. You're right, Saleen. I took a media law class (which included Internet law) and cooljunkie is not legally responsible for messages on here.

But I'm not the legal junkie, so Kathryn will have to take care of this ... none of us have any legal certification to do anything!

guyman is just busting balls... he's a great guy, i'm just busting Nicks balls on this one. He knows I am, so I just had to get in a few punches to proove my point. The junkie rules were posted because of the coke whore post i made, and they told me i was wrong, and I told them, they are smoking crack and their guido fist pumping was weak, and they didn't know the law. But now they do. (but their guido fist pumping is still weak)

PS, i'm still mad they didn't tell me you were a hottie! I would have been sending you love poems all day through private message.

Guest antonio

Yeah.........and by the way, Kathryn is a really cool girl too........so don't mess with our lawyer!! >:(

Guest guyman1966

Your are right! ENOUGH with this EuroTrash bullshit. Send all those fuckers with bad teeth and bad odor’s back to Europe where they belong. Build a blockade around the US to keep those fuckers out. And, next time they have a natural disaster, war or any problems - FUCK THEM - SEND NOTHING.

Now - lets move on and address the Canadian problem.

Guest durrtylexx

Your are right! ENOUGH with this EuroTrash bullshit. Send all those fuckers with bad teeth and bad odor’s back to Europe where they belong. Build a blockade around the US to keep those fuckers out. And, next time they have a natural disaster, war or any problems - FUCK THEM - SEND NOTHING.

Now - lets move on and address the Canadian problem.

LMAO

Guest guyman1966

::)

just out of curiosity...where are you from?

I'm from NYC.

I just thank god everday that I'm not some white trash from Ireland.

Guest guyman1966

Is that Rick Moranis on the left???

Yep...everyone's favorite hoser ;D

I have their record on Vinyl.

Guest pod

well, at some time way way back, you too were eurotrash

Shannon, that sounds like a PSA ;D You're working too hard, have a drink!