Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of John Graham @Nerve and much much more

Bling

I sure as heck didnt expect the nite to go as well as it did but it was a crazyyyyyyy nite LOL.

So i leave my crib at 9ish to pick up Phillipio cuz his car is in the shop. We head over to Nerve, only after i drive like a fucktard and miss the entrance to the highway.

Nerve Lounge

so we get to nerve and i start to get my drinkkkkkkkk ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN. u all that were there know i was tipsy ;)

Chris and Mono were putting together a very nice set. THe place overall was sadly not too packed all nite :( .. good cp and cj crew in attendance though. Liz, arturob, harold, danny, greg(stryke), Michael Martinjackie, sami, .... Nick Junkie, Sarah and Shannon......, Macboy, Dade, Carisa (who left very quickly ... :( ( etc.... and of course the man of the hour POD

Pod's showcase review

Great pics about 170 in all. ranging from pics of ardis and bruno, Edgar V, PVD, Oakenfold, the Space 4 Year anniversary, Nick and Sarah, and even OMFG LEO and his sig. (the one with leo facing away from the camera and the yellow smoke.... OMG u should have been there happyface)

At the end, Pod put a list of names of peepz he is friendly with and I saw my name... Bling right next to Wendel's OMGGGGGGGGG sickkkkkkkk

great little show u had goin on PODSTER

so im there getting my drink on and talk to Greg for a bit. then i am introduced to Dade. Very cool guy. Thanks for the really kind words about me. I really appreciate that you appreciate my love for the music and my reviews :) Good to know big time industry people are reading my reviews.

So John Graham takes the decks and I really like what he is spinning. A lot of the Cpers were like "its good but not his best" I liked it a lot though... Had lots of good moments that had me dancing and wanting more. The set had great energy in some parts while at other times it kinda was a bit slow.... but very good nonethless.

Fun hangin in the booth for a bit as well and watchin Quivver in action.

At around 230 myself and jackie headed out to crobar

Crobar review

So we get in with my crobar community card.... first time ive used it and.... it actually works....... So we get in and the place as always is SLAMMED!! music is very good, with Stephan Luke on the decks. So we are there and i bump into Turbo and Wendel and also Colby

We hang there for a good 45 min then we left and headed out to BLUE.

Blue review

We were there only 10 min or so but i liked the place. very small but cozy. I had a good impression of my first time there fo sho.....

So after we leave Blue we are walkin on 14th and collins and were talkin to treepwood on the cell and he says he is in the Beachcomber . so we head on in and Ramon is there and domingo and Digital7. so we hang there for a bit then we decided to head out to Cafeteria

So with Jackie up front, and Ramon, Treepwood, Domingo and a friend in back we head out to Cafeteria..

Cafeteria review

By this point im dead exhausted. The place is tiny but has couches everywhere. The second i hit it i was fallin asleep. The music of choice was quirky minimal techno stuff. not stuff i really like but its still fun to hang with everyone and just chill.

Thanks for being my partner in crime tonite Jackie, ur a doll (and u looked too hot to handle of course) and of coure Phillipio u better make it to migs before u head out tomororw.

Guest pod

Yeah it was fun overall. I got a decent take from tonight, and got wasted courtesy of the SIAV and Nocturnal folk. 8)

Sorry I left Nerve early but the music was WAAAAY TOO LOUD!!! There were about 30 peeps in the place and the music was making my ears bleed!!!

So I head over to Crobar and the place is jumpin with Stephan Luke. I wasnt really feelin the vide though so we head over to Blue.

Walk into Blue and its EXACTLY the vibe I am looking for! Marc Vane was on the decks and he finally got my ass dancin which is what I wanted to do all night!!! Nice guy too.

Headed out early and went home. I think this is the first time I have gone home before the sun came up.

See you all at Sonar tonight for Dennis Baker and Digital Lifestyle.

BTW...Dan you had a great exhibit.

Guest saintjohn
BTW...Dan you had a great exhibit.

what she said. clubs ought to do that sort of thing on a regular basis. next time, how about an hour-long loop?

so, when can we expect the oversized coffee table book? or maybe it will only be available as an "installation," complete with an hes dl-1?

Guest pod

Maybe Dade will let me play with his DL-1 units when they come in. 8)

CatalystDL172.jpg

Either that or Kerri can arrange for a demo unit to be sent to us?

Guest saintjohn

actually, kerri mason - editor of club systems international.

so, who's providing the content for the dl-1s at nocturnal? imagine the possibilities, dade . . .

techjunkie?

Guest pod

What would an envy staffer have to do with requisitioning me a $40,000 digital moving head projector anyway? ;D

But yeah, let's get a DL1 demo unit pronto! ;D

Guest saintjohn

demo unit? buy one on credit, put it in a shopping cart, and then go up and down washington soliciting work. if properly marketed, one could recoup the cost through rental fees in approximately 72 years.