Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breaks/DnB/Trance/Etc. HELP AT SPACE!!!

Guest DJTeKWReK

Guest durrtylexx

Of course I know everyone know's their shit here. Like i said b4: "ALL I HAD TO DO WAS PLAY THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE,. AND LOOK WHAT I SPAWNED... THE BEGINNING OF THE REVOLUTION I TALKED ABOUT IN MY ORIGINAL POST." I came here for one reason, to see people get riled up about the music again, and it worked. I caused no harm whatsoever. We've all been having fun with this! As for the "help" with Space... Lemme explain something to you. I was born in the 305, but I enetered the scene in Orlando. There once existed a place called "The Club at FIRESTONE." It still exists today, but due to the "Rave Ban" in Orange County, the entire scene sucks because it forced Firestone to colse at 2 am. Before this though, Firestone was the #1 Electro club in the Nation according to Rolling Stone Magazine. I started spinning there among the ranks of Icey, Keoki, Andy Hughes, Baby Anne, Sandy, Merlyn, and other scene old-skoolers. I saw the death of the mecca known as Firestone as well. I've been watching and playing though the scene for a couple of years now, and I'm back to see the love of the music brought to the world's eyes. DAMN I LOVE THIS DEVIL'S ADVOCATE SHIT. Cause maybe the truth is.... i've just eaten one too many BEANS in my lifetime... ;) 8)

Dude I went to firestone back in the day, to check out Keoki or some dj that place was hard core. It puts Space to shame. Moon boots were in style back then lol...And as far as beans its all good in my book. ;D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swirlundergrounder

sandstorm was never cool...sorry

No shit... When ever someone came into my record store to see if I had that track it gave me headache...

DUARDE SANDSTORM...WAS NEVER COOL..........!!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Then obviously you dont like techno. Remeber people, i speak form a perspective that loves ALL ELECTRO. I have no bias on an electro genre. Sandstorm was a good song... BUT BACK IN THE DAY.

Back in the day was only 4 years ago....

Guest swirlundergrounder

OSCAR G, THIS IS A REPLY IS DIRECTLY TO YOU: About the roots straying. They are. The Edge, Slavation, etc. are the roots, OF THE MIAMI PARTY SCENE, not electronic music. sorry if there was confusion. Second, my point about TRL is that ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS BECOMMING MORE COMMERCIALIZED. WHAT USED TO BE JAZZY MUSIC IN ADVERTISEMENT TURNED TO RETRO, THEN HIP HOP, NOW, ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS TAKING IT OVER. VIDEO GAMES, MOVIES, TV SHOWS, COMMERICALS, RADIO. THE #1 RADIO STAION BY DANCESTAR AWARDS WAS?.... MY POINT PROVEN.

TO ALL OF YOU, I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD HAVE TO POST THE ONE DAMN THING THAT ANY TRUE ELECTRONIC MUSIC FOLLOWER KNOWS: THE POINT OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS TO PUSH THE LIMITS AND BOUNDARIES OF THE MUSIC AND IT'S INTERPRETAION BY THE BOTH THE LISTENER AND PRODUCER. WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BELIEF?!?!? THIS IS MY POINT OF TRIBAL AND DEEP HOUSE PHASES PROVING TO BE TIRED VERY QUICKLY. WHY? EVEYRONE'S TRYING TO DO THE SAMETHING. NOW IT'S RETRO MIXES. DO NOT GET ME WRONG. I LOVE THESE STYLES OF MUSIC. JUST NOT FROM EVERY DJ TRYING TO BE LIKE THE REST OF THE SCENE. MAKE SOME NEW FRIGGIN BEATS,. BRING EM TO THE DECKS. DO WHAT TIMO MAAS DOES, INCORPORATE EVERYTHING, AND BRING IT TO THE MASSES. IF YOU ARE A REAL DJ, STYLE OF MUSIC WILL BE TRANSCENDED BY YOUR ABILITY TO CHOOSE MUSIC THAT THE CROWD CAN FEEL, AND THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU PRESENT IT. it's all about the mix. DID I FORGET TO RESPOND TO ANYONE?

OH YEAH, ABOUT THROING IT, AND HELP AND WHATEVER THIS GUY WAS SAYING ABOUT ME AND MY FAME. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GO BAK TO THE ORIGINAL THREAD. READ HOW I HAVE AN IDEA, AND HOW IM PRESENTING IT TO EVERYONE, AND HOW I WOULD NEED THEIR HELP TO DO IT, BUT FIRST, I ASKED FOR EVERYONES OPINIONS AND OUTLOOKS, WHICH HAS NOW TURNED INTO A 6 PAGE THREAD.

GO RENT 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE AND LOOK AT THE TRUE ORIGINS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC. IT CAME FROM PUNK. DISCO, ROCK, FREESTYLE AND BREAKS EXPANDED THE GENRE OF ELECTRO TO CREATE HOUSE, DNB, TECHNO, ETC. WATCH THE MOVIE AND BE ENLIGHTENED.

Salvation on the beach? as in Saturday nights with Dj Abel?

or the original Salvation in Downtown??

The roots of the "Miami party scene" came way before any of those clubs you mentioned...as far as House Music goes, there was Danny Tenaglia at Cheers, Aldo Hernandez at Club Nu, David Padilla at Warsaw, David Knapp and Luis Diaz at Boomerang (and were not even talking 1990 yet at this point)..and way before that , there was a thriving electro and freestyle scene in Miami, where there were even radio stations dedicated to that style of music...and LONG before that there was a HUGE disco scene in Miami with some of the biggest disco classics being created right here by local producers on record labels like TK DISCO..and every week there would be live performances by Disco's biggest artists at several Miami clubs... ..My point is...I think maybe what you mean is those clubs are YOUR roots in the scene...I, for one, never even went to The Edge (although Ive heard plenty about it from Bruce and Stryke)

At that point I was traveling every week...playing clubs like The Hacienda (see 24 hour Party People ;) ) Ministry of Sound, Pacha, Yellow...(and years before that being inspired at clubs like Zanzibar in NJ, Shelter, Red Zone and Sound Factory in NYC) but anyway.....

You sound very passionate about SOMETHING....I just don't quite understand what that SOMETHING is.....It is definitely a good thing though...we need more people who are passionate about dance music, it is what has kept it alive for so many years....I just think your posts border on random thoughts and arent really getting to the point, (if there is a point)...

When people start using terms like "REAL DJs" and "TRUE ORIGINS" I always tune out because this is exactly what holds EDM back...Elitism runs rampant in our small industry and it is always an obstacle...we could definitely do without it...

Good luck with whatever it is you are trying to do...

BTW: The Dancestar awards are for Dance Music...The nominees for "Best Radio Station" were ALL dance music stations...not sure what point was proven by your comments above ???

Well said...You can't mess with the creator of the "Deep South Sound"!!!!!!

Guest DJTeKWReK

Please do not misconstrue a passionate discussion about electro with Oscar into messing with him. But yet, you are right. Well said Oscar.

Guest ramon

first of all i'd like to thank oscar for the history lesson. :)

secondly what do you mean by electro? 'edm' as in electronic dance music or electro in the sense of techno's bastard cousin? i love it how you fail to mention techno except for darude sandstorm .. trance originally came off as really cheesey techno and spurred off into its own genre. techno is just a much part of house as house is a part of techno .. got that good?

Guest lyrik

first of all i'd like to thank oscar for the history lesson. :)

secondly what do you mean by electro? 'edm' as in electronic dance music or electro in the sense of techno's bastard cousin? i love it how you fail to mention techno except for darude sandstorm .. trance originally came off as really cheesey techno and spurred off into its own genre. techno is just a much part of house as house is a part of techno .. got that good?

Getting back into the posting swing of things...you been MIA for a bit.

Guest DJTeKWReK

DJ KeOki is a good friend of mine. He drilled Techno and Trance into my brain when i was 14 years old. We LVE Techno!

Guest bode

OMFG i cant believe i just spent a part of my saturday afternoon reading this ??? i hardly never post on this board just look for club dates, but dude ur like the guy u bump into at clubs when headliners are in town and there mumbling in your ear about their set up and tracks they got coming out. shooving glow sticks in ur head with bugged out eyes. jeeze llol travel to europe techno is already on trl and there is still a booming underground.

DJ KeOki is a good friend of mine. He drilled Techno and Trance into my brain when i was 14 years old. We LVE Techno!

Guest DJTeKWReK

Hey Bode... Dont ASSUME... It makes an ASS out of U and ME.

On the subject of Europe: Get your ass to Heidelburg. It was my favorite besides going club hopping in Croatia. The underground is booming over there... but does that have to do with Miami's Underground dying out?

BTW, thanks for spending so much time reading the threads and making a post. Yet again, another proved to be moved by the post, which was the general goal. Please refrain form the negativity though. PLUR

Guest bcnjunkie

what about kitchen club, fire and ice, and later le loft and red room and the edge when it was in kendall ? ;D

Guest DJTeKWReK

Wow BCN, u pulled this thread form the depths of CJ hell! Yes, all of the ones u listed were badasfuk.com.

Guest bcnjunkie

lately I've ran into a lot of the old kitchen club (89 kitchen club) crew. Le Loft and boomerang had a lot of good memories and Fire and Ice was just dirty insane (50 cent drink night with nasty, low quality, diluted alcohol.... ahhwww the good old days)

Guest Star24

thats grat. I hear you I love trance music but now im starting to get into drum and base alot. Cool any suggestions.

i tell u what ..

u can "cry" all u want but Space will NEVER, (let me say this again) WILL NEVER become a full trance or any other EDM related type shit .. other than House

i like Drum & Bass, and even sometimes listen to some breaks, but thinking of making the possibly "best club in the Americas" a "jungle" venue ... is like comparing the guy with the hot dog stand at 11st against Tantra ..

go out, do some more "research" and try a different venue ..

and ... good luck buddy

Guest DJTeKWReK

Is it just me or does Andrew Chibale have a BAD fuckin attitude problem?... Wait, I've Just been informed he's a narcoleptic, thats why he is constantly yawning.... the narcolepsy was formed from a complex he developed sometime in South America, thinking that he's actually better than everyone else! oye, tranquilo Andrew. You're beginning to piss me off with those posts. No reason to be an ass. Consider this post asshole tax.