Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Wars Summer 04 Crobar vs Mansion

V. Barbarino

It's a full blown war of the gay nights..

Crobar vs Mansion

Here is a quote from one of my intel agents..

"Looks like the gay club wars are heating up. Mansion stole Crobar’s Sunday gey “Anthem†party and has JV opening it. Crobar is fighting back with the new “Gleeclub†Sundays with free drinks…no cover."

And this was on the botton of the message:

"Well, rumours have it that CROBAR tends have an OPEN BAR & NO COVER ALL NIGHT WITH TRACY YOUNG, PLUS THEY ARE GOING TO THE BEACH AND GIVE OUT FREE WATER and FREE TRACY YOUNG CD's at CROBAR."

MANSION WILL HAVE JUNIOR VASQUES (WHO WILL BE SERVED WITH PAPERS AND MAY NOT PLAY)WHO MOST PEOPLE DON'T LIKE AND WILL HAVE TO PAY $20 TO GET IN AND MICHAEL TRON AND HIS FABULOUS ANTHEM PARTY.

wow dude you really got your finger on the pulse of the gay community! i'm so happy for you! that's FABULOUS! :P

the gay djs tend to be the best..

peter, victor, jr etc.... I wish they would play str8 parties..

though I think victor has lost it, but don't say that to lola, she'll rip your head off :o

Guest saintjohn
the gay djs tend to be the best.

and the gay crowds tend to be the best, too. for example, the future babylon party at space was insanely crowded, but the energy was all positive. crossing the main room was no problem - people just smiled and tried to give you some room. similar situations with straight crowds tend to get ugly; certain individuals just enjoy making life difficult for the people around them, like the territorial dancers, women who inadvertantly (?) jab each other with cigarettes, the guy who thinks everyone's trying to touch his girlfriend. the largely gay crowd at space, however, was incredibly friendly, and being in the midst of that happy, accepting sea of humanity made the music even better.

i may be straight, but i'm not narrow. i feel sorry for people who, for whatever reasons, will never share that sort of experience.

Guest web_norah

wow dude you really got your finger on the pulse of the gay community! i'm so happy for you! that's FABULOUS! :P

though I think victor has lost it, but don't say that to lola, she'll rip your head off :o

Victor is better than ever, i think you've "lost" it...his latest production "Resonate" and his work with vocalist Astrid is awesome; djing wise, Victor is great.....if you love gay djs so much -why dont you just go see them wherever they play?

Victor is better than ever, i think you've "lost" it...his latest production "Resonate" and his work with vocalist Astrid is awesome; djing wise, Victor is great.....if you love gay djs so much -why dont you just go see them wherever they play?

I work out at Golds and majority of guys are gay, and just seeing what they do at the gym to each other makes enough sense to stay away from a club where they are all drunk and on drugs.

As for victor, his last live set I heard was all tribal, and it sucked! Maybe he got the memo and stopped playing tribal, but as of now, he's not a dj I'd go see. But i do agree with John that the gay crowd does have the energy unlike the str8 crowd, and this is just due to the fact, the gay crowd still loves clubbing like the str8 crowd did in the 90's.

But the reason why I posted this thread, is because, the gay party at crobar I was told has beent here since the day they opened, and now mansion stole the entire party. But jr will crush tracy. Imagine Jr at space for a str8 night :o

Guest web_norah

i have never seen gay men start fights or act disrespectful - unlikes straight crowds......

you cant compare Jr to Tracy, both are equally talented but obviously Jr has a long standing career, undisputably, but Tracy is great as well plus Alan T will be performing!

the reason why the Sunday party was ended at crobar is the same reason why a lot of the staff from crobar isnt there anymore...winds of change, i guess.

i have never seen gay men start fights or act disrespectful - unlikes straight crowds......

you cant compare Jr to Tracy, both are equally talented but obviously Jr has a long standing career, undisputably, but Tracy is great as well plus Alan T will be performing!

the reason why the Sunday party was ended at crobar is the same reason why a lot of the staff from crobar isnt there anymore...winds of change, i guess.

I can deal with the fights, actually I like them (i'm a former bouncer) but the other stuff they do is wacked. Sorry call me a homo phobe, but the two guys making out at nerve killed my good time for frankie knuckles.

Guest web_norah

i dont like fights....

and i rather see two men kiss than see someone else get tossed around, beaten up and then have to deal with the mess while i am trying to dance...............

For once I have to agree with Saleen. I was not aware of this fact until my friends dragged me from nerve on a sunday night directly to NV afterhours on Monday morning. They had a guest GAY DJ, who just moved down here from Washington DC. His name is Angelo Kortez, I must admit that was one of the best, probably the best Tribal/progressive sets i have ever heard IN MY LIFE. 80% of the records he played I have never heard. He does his own production and his tribal tracks are laced with the nastiest vocals and instruments I've heard. EVER. Check out his website at www.djangelokortez.com. They also have a schedule of where he will be spinning in miami.

Guest web_norah

Angelo Kortez's "Drums" is one the Oscar G CD, (well more like an accapella of it mixed with I Feel Loved La La Land). Simply outstanding music

Angelo also does production with Groove On.

Crobar is bringing down the GLEE CLUB party from Chicago-Crobar.....

Gay nights rule - some of the best times I've EVER had partying were at Crobar on a Sunday.... gay guys are there to dance and have fun.. hook up... get wasted on drugs... they just party like no-other people on earth... yet, like SaintJohn said, they will actually smile and move out of the way on the dancefloor... unlike some stuffy straight folks at other clubs. I've taken plenty of straight guys to a gay night and they had a blast.. they weren't all freaked out and had zero problems..

Victor Calderone's RESONATE cd IS his best work...

Saleen, you are clueless when you say VC sucks. Just because you don't like tribal doesn't mean its is "ova".... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Here let me bake you a special batch of SHUT THE HELL UP cookies beyyotch!!

Junior is a whiney bitch, but I will stay pay $20+ to see him because I respect his work... he is one of the main people that got me interested in learning of this crazy EDM stuff ;D

I'm not a fan of Tracy Young, all though the only time I saw her was at Level when she did the Madonna cut of MUSIC.. Her set sucked and she dropped MUSIC like 20932 times... but I'm sure her track selection/mixing has improved since then.

Too bad gay nights on Sunday:( I need to work a later shift on Mondays!!

Guest web_norah

unfortunately, i wasnt there....but i do know Angelo really turns the crowd out.................and i live for his tracks :D

For once I have to agree with Saleen. I was not aware of this fact until my friends dragged me from nerve on a sunday night directly to NV afterhours on Monday morning. They had a guest GAY DJ, who just moved down here from Washington DC. His name is Angelo Kortez, I must admit that was one of the best, probably the best Tribal/progressive sets i have ever heard IN MY LIFE. 80% of the records he played I have never heard. He does his own production and his tribal tracks are laced with the nastiest vocals and instruments I've heard. EVER. Check out his website at www.djangelokortez.com. They also have a schedule of where he will be spinning in miami.

Sounds like my kinda party :P

Triballlllllllllllllllllllllllll ;D

Guest swirliegirlie

What is it with gay versus straight on these boards....it seems to come up on this board kind of often and I think its a big turn off that people judge so much. I mean come on two guys kissing in a club is a huge deal? Whatever! Get a grip. I'm from Seattle and the only club events to go to were the ones that were a nice mix...half and half or whatever and whatever. where no one gives a FVUCK - the way it should be. Where its just about dancing and accepting that people are freaky as they want to be in the clubbing hours.

and yeah tribal is not dead either.

What is it with gay versus straight on these boards....it seems to come up on this board kind of often and I think its a big turn off that people judge so much. I mean come on two guys kissing in a club is a huge deal? Whatever! Get a grip. I'm from Seattle and the only club events to go to were the ones that were a nice mix...half and half or whatever and whatever. where no one gives a FVUCK - the way it should be. Where its just about dancing and accepting that people are freaky as they want to be in the clubbing hours.

and yeah tribal is not dead either.

RIGHT ON ;D

Guest saintjohn
Sorry call me a homo phobe

a phobia is an irrational fear of something. you don't seem afraid of gay crowds, you just seem uncomfortable. i can respect that. i wish you could enjoy jv in his element - and you probably wish i could enjoy the undeniable rush of a bar brawl.

I'll tell you what, at the NV event with Angelo Kortez, half the crowd was gay and the other half straight people. But i'll tell you what though, the chicks at gay parties are hot!!!!!!! And a lot of them are straight. They go to gay parties because they know guys are not going to harass them. I met 2 hot chicks on that day. As long as the gay guys know you're straight, they don't even bother you. They stay out of your way, believe it or not. Besides, I was too busy listening to Angelo tear it up and checking out this hot blonde with with a nasty pair of D's and killer legs. LOL ;D ;D

Sorry call me a homo phobe

a phobia is an irrational fear of something. you don't seem afraid of gay crowds, you just seem uncomfortable. i can respect that. i wish you could enjoy jv in his element - and you probably wish i could enjoy the undeniable rush of a bar brawl.

yea, I am uncomfortable, the gym doesn't help to aleviate my un comfort. Blowing each other in the gym bathroom hurts the gay crowd, then the parades etc. It might be a perception issue, but like madison ave says, perception is truth.