Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FAO Miami People / Danilo Vilgorito Review

Guest ramon

Guest ramon

where the fuck were you last night? You can dish out whatever money to see Tiesto, but someone like Danilo Vilgorito comes into town and the fuckin place is half empty at 3am? The man played an amazing set of techno and he covered all the bases minimal , glitch , techysleazy , hard whatever the hell you wanna call it we were even treated to a healthy dose of acid towards the end. To privilege I thank you for bringin down a talent like Danilo. It gives me hope in this city. Its a shame that peopele are not more open here, but anyway I'm tired of wasting my breath. It was good to see Nelson (DJ Nova) and Eric and Armando supporting and I was completely loosing my mind yesterday and I had a flashback as if I was in detroit. The music was fucking amazing. If this party wouldve been in Detroit it wouldve been slammed, but no this is Miami .. people get a fuckin clue open your minds.

To you trainspotters .. I didnt recognize a single track except for Mathew Jonson's Typerope.

This has been a public service announcement by the minimal nation.

PS: For those of you asking for Richie Hawtin to play here its not gonna happen if we continue to have nights like yesterday. It seems I have to get on another fuckin plane to see Hawtin play.

Guest shannon_coolj.

good review ramon!!! :)

i agree with everything you said...

if people are going to dish out so much money for tiesto, why can't they support the lesser known djs for once!

Guest ddg

im going to have to check out privilege one of these days just to see some variety....i was there for tiesto (and i didnt have to pay a penny) and im all for the smaller djs..but the trip for me (about an hour) is too far to go see something that might be iffy.....hence the hesitation.....

Guest ramon

im going to have to check out privilege one of these days just to see some variety....i was there for tiesto (and i didnt have to pay a penny) and im all for the smaller djs..but the trip for me (about an hour) is too far to go see something that might be iffy.....hence the hesitation.....

yeah its a great little club with great music. :)

Danilo never disappoints. both times he's been here he's been fuckin on point. Don't miss him the 3rd time around.

The Italians can do no wrong. Marco Carola , Danilo Vilgorito, Rino Cerrone .. learn those names :)

Guest eKiTeL

(as I wrote else where:)

I have to agree, he was great, some really interesting mind expanding kind of tracks there

on the other hand you can complain about the crowds all you want, but the fact is his set was a bit too abstract for people here, there was a nice crowd on the floor when I got there, and I think he could have kept them if he had taken it easier and played a bit more on the funky side...

don't get me wrong, he's an extremely talented DJ and producer, I definitely enjoyed his set, even though I wasn't quite in the mood for Techno last night, he had me moving a couple of times, but just like Beto Cerruti, who is also extremely talented, and gets all of my respect in that department, he just didn't know how to entertain the local masses

like I wrote before, the TRUE techno fans were there, people who claim to love Techno also have to realize that if Privilege brings in a big name Techno DJ for their Saturday, I love Techno party, then it's going to be good, don't doubt if for a second, even if you've never heard of Danilo Vigorito, trust the fact that these guys at Privilege know good Techno and you won't be dissapointed.... just because you've never heard him, or any mix CD's from him, you don't have worry that you're not going to like his style, I realize people get worried about wasting a Saturday night on something they're not sure about.... but in this case you have to trust the venue, they won't steer you wrong

that said, all I have to add is that although I'm not nearly as experienced as these guys they bring into Privilege, I live here and I know what people want to hear, and I know I could do a much better job of entertaining the crowd then 9 out of 10 Techno DJ's that have played at Privilege, maybe you think I'm a dick tooting my own horn or whatever... I'm just telling it like it is, and if you disagree then you're wrong, period... I cant' pack the house, I'm not a promoter, I don't have a following, but if you get the people, I'll make them stay and dance, blah blah blah, I'm getting sick and tired of having to tell this to people who don't want to listen, but I'll keep saying it until I get a break around here, or somewhere, so get used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest web_norah

people will dish out $40 to see any cheesy dj but wont go and try something new.....thats basically the vast majority in Miami :-X

Guest shannon_coolj.

people will dish out $40 to see any cheesy dj but wont go and try something new.....thats basically the vast majority in Miami :-X

my sentiments exactly :)

ah well...

so because i didnt go to Privilege and instead; waited for an afterhours set at NV, does that make me a bad person ?

to be honest with you, ill rather have a crowd of just 10 people ... people that im sure they recognize my music and know who i am rather than just going to space for tiesto just because is space and just because he is rated as the #1 dj in popularity (notice i said popularity)

i think the crowd in miami is just not so well educated and always intend to go for whats commercial ..

ex:, party 93.1 is one of these, lets say "few" institutions that contribute to this fact

anybody who would dish out $40 for Tiesto would not have liked Danilo

that's a REALLY stupid thing to say. i pride myself in being interested in several types of electronic music, and i was at tiesto all night, had a great time. so fah q if you think people that like tiesto don't have open minds to other types of music. cause there were 20 other cooljunkies that were there too. ask lyric and andrew chibale and bruno and johnny ramirez if and ANYONE else if they are supported, and they'll say they are. and i'm SOOOOOOO sorry i didn't make it out to see danilo. i'll just have to hope he comes again. some sarcasm there, but....if he comes again i'll definitely check him out. just don't be so goddamn negative, that's not gonna help anything. you can't get a crowd through guilt.

Guest JMT

i try new things all the time. and there are a few smaller locals that i support religiously. but i will dish out $40 to see whomever the hell i feel like seeing, i.e. tiesto. i guess the people spoke.

Guest lyrik

that's a REALLY stupid thing to say. i pride myself in being interested in several types of electronic music, and i was at tiesto all night, had a great time. so fah q if you think people that like tiesto don't have open minds to other types of music. cause there were 20 other cooljunkies that were there too. ask lyric and andrew chibale and bruno and johnny ramirez if and ANYONE else if they are supported, and they'll say they are. and i'm SOOOOOOO sorry i didn't make it out to see danilo. i'll just have to hope he comes again. some sarcasm there, but....if he comes again i'll definitely check him out. just don't be so goddamn negative, that's not gonna help anything. you can't get a crowd through guilt.

I gotcha back on this bud...but you have to realize you are a part of a very few that are the exception to the rule...you, bling, CrzyC and a few others I know have very open minds and are willing to come out and support and try new things...as for the majority I wish we could say the same...if it was so...I am sure we wouldn't have seen half empty dance floors at more than a few events in the last couple months...Danilo, Doc Martin (ahem where were some of the supporters of the underground that night) ::) Dennis Rodgers and I could go on and on. Hopefully the trickle down theory keeps on moving on because I do see a lot more people coming out to support events that they wouldn't normally and I do see a lot of people stating that they are looking for something different lately. Big problem is here in Miami its so hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time...too much competition and not enough colaboration.

of course we should all try to support (just about ;)) everything that comes across these boards. i can only speak for myself, i do my best. ;D but life (my life, anyway) involves more than just music. i got a lot of sh*t going on, so i can't make it to every obscure dj that comes to town, and i sure as hell don't like it when i get reamed for the decisions i make, ESPECIALLY when someone mentions the dollar amount that i spent. back to getting positive, i can't wait to see andrew throw it down at lush in a couple of weeks. i'll be there, and so should everyone else! ;D

Guest JMT

of course we should all try to support (just about ;)) everything that comes across these boards. i can only speak for myself, i do my best. ;D but life (my life, anyway) involves more than just music. i got a lot of sh*t going on, so i can't make it to every obscure dj that comes to town, and i sure as hell don't like it when i get reamed for the decisions i make, ESPECIALLY when someone mentions the dollar amount that i spent.

werd. ill say it right now, i went to space friday. why? bc i knew automatically it was going to be an enjoyable time. and thats the reason i go out in the f-ing first place.

Guest eKiTeL

who are you talking to? I'm not trying to put any guilt on anybody for not going to Privilege last night, you are the rare exception, 99.99999999% of people who paid $40 to hear Tiesto would not have liked Danilo, so are you happy now? so go ahead and call me stupid if you feel the need to belittle someone :)

my original point was that someone like Danilo is just too underground for Miami, and that you can have good Techno that appeals to alot of people here, it just has to be a bit more accessible, more funky and all, and you club owners could save a lot of money by bringing in a local who understands that, and use the money the save for more intensive promotions, free drinks, or whatever it takes....

there's Techno for the few, and then there's Techno for the masses, the problem is that club owners and promoters just don't get it, they think Techno is just Techno

of course we should all try to support (just about ;)) everything that comes across these boards. i can only speak for myself, i do my best. ;D but life (my life, anyway) involves more than just music. i got a lot of sh*t going on, so i can't make it to every obscure dj that comes to town, and i sure as hell don't like it when i get reamed for the decisions i make, ESPECIALLY when someone mentions the dollar amount that i spent.

werd. ill say it right now, i went to space friday. why? bc i knew automatically it was going to be an enjoyable time. and thats the reason i go out in the f-ing first place.

thanks for everything that night, john. and say hi to beth again for me ;D

Guest JMT

thanks for everything that night, john. and say hi to beth again for me ;D

no prob buddy. next time i see her i will.

Guest ddg

i think i like lots of different types of dance..i will say i havent been properly introduced to "techno"......i would have paid 40 bones for tiesto (even though i didnt have to), and a number of other djs that arent trance or even big...my only hesitation is the long drive i have...would you peeps from south beach or miami drive up to west palm just bc i said this dj up here this weekend is wicked....maybe you would, maybe you wouldnt....i respect all the likings of the people on the boards, and thats why i am more interested in seeing a techno dj than i was before...if you know me, i have a good time anywhere and i like lots of different stuff and definitely willing to try new tunes.... :D

Guest eKiTeL

nobody is supposed to feel bad for not going to Privilege last night, there was a decent crowd on the floor before Ramon got there, but the music was just too abstract and a lot of people left, that's what really happened, there are enough people here who can dig funky housey techno, no need to get down on those who don't get it, or aren't able to make it on a particular night for whatever reason

Hmm this is an interesting thread.... let's see; I went to privilege waited for danilo to play a bit ...I enjoyed the set , it was like Kitel said a little too abstract for south beach and ......there are many things to do in south beach and Tiesto was here so unless you have a set that can compete to what other venues have, people will leave and only the hardcore fans will stay........the masses are out there and if you wanna keep your place packed or decently buzy you must make it appealing..... this is not Detroit... this is Miami and our city is very funky rithym driven is a wild city and maybe that set rocks detroit which without putting it down doesnt have much of a club scene, might sound alternative enough........ so unless you are willing to rotate the set a bit and be more open to where you are playing is not going to work.......oh and when I got bored I left to see Tiesto.....it rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest eKiTeL

wait a minute, Danilo was last night, and Tiesto was the night before..... do you have a time machine or something?

lol (j/k)

Guest durrtylexx

I didnt go cause I didn't know...I skipped Tiesto this weekend also. :P As far as checking smaller djs, I'm down for that.Like lyrik said there is way too much competition down here.Remember guys Miami is 90% image 10% music. Thats the city we live in.But the same goes for NYC., LA and other major cities, thats just the way it is. Personally I can't afford to go out more that 2 times a week.Like I told EVjunkie in a NYC thread, its expensive to go out and every week theres always going to be someone to go and listen to or an event to check out.I can't keep it real by following every dj or scene I have bills to pay.But I'm open to listen to thier music at home.I choose the events that I attend wisely.

Like Danny Howells and Josh Wink at Space in 2 weeks ;D

Guest web_norah

i am just making a point which you obviously missed