Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Currently listening to ..

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Miss_Digital

Underworld - Cups (Salt City Orchestra's Vertical Bacon Vocal)

another timeless piece of work ...

yes ;)

Guest Seb

James Zabiela & Nic Fanciulli - Miami 2006 WMC promo

I listened to it last night and let me tell you it was one of the most boring 60 minutes I've had to endour.

Guest tres-b

I listened to it last night and let me tell you it was one of the most boring 60 minutes I've had to endour.

Ouch...

Guest ddg

lmao....im actually listening to it right now and ive heard about half of it and its not really doing much for me..

Guest Philip

Agreed. I have yet to jump the JZ bandwagon. Maybe i'll change my mind after this WMC...

Agreed. I have yet to jump the JZ bandwagon. Maybe i'll change my mind after this WMC...

James is to be experienced live rather than listening at hom usually. The amazing part is just wathing him do his thing.

Guest Philip

James is to be experienced live rather than listening at hom usually. The amazing part is just wathing him do his thing.

I guess I was really hoping to hear some really tweaked out effects and scratching on that mix. Checked out the live mix from Soundbar that Ramon had posted and it sounded a little more like what I had expected. As you stated, he is more of a live DJ so im excited to catch him at Space Monday/Tuesday to once and for all put this to rest in my mind. Its just that everyone goes bananas over this guy and I have yet to hear anything from him that impressed me - including a live performance.

I guess I was really hoping to hear some really tweaked out effects and scratching on that mix. Checked out the live mix from Soundbar that Ramon had posted and it sounded a little more like what I had expected. As you stated, he is more of a live DJ so im excited to catch him at Space Monday/Tuesday to once and for all put this to rest in my mind. Its just that everyone goes bananas over this guy and I have yet to hear anything from him that impressed me - including a live performance.

Yeah i agree.....anyone on here will tell you how much of a fan of his i am. Even he knows it but the truth is that i dont really listen to many of his sets at home. Wait till you see him live, you wont be disappointed. I suggest you try to get in to see him up close, maybe in a smaller venue. The vibe is just NUTS!

Guest Seb

Yeah i agree.....anyone on here will tell you how much of a fan of his i am. Even he knows it but the truth is that i dont really listen to many of his sets at home. Wait till you see him live, you wont be disappointed. I suggest you try to get in to see him up close, maybe in a smaller venue. The vibe is just NUTS!

I'm sure JZ is much more interesting to watch live with his scratching and effects. I just wish these cats would put a little more thought into their promo mixes. A little variety wouldn't kill them. Throw in a track here or there that is actually recognizable. It doesn't have to be all cutting edge and underground to be good. Mixes like these just end up sounding dull and dry IMO

Guest tres-b

I'm sure JZ is much more interesting to watch live with his scratching and effects. I just wish these cats would put a little more thought into their promo mixes. A little variety wouldn't kill them. Throw in a track here or there that is actually recognizable. It doesn't have to be all cutting edge and underground to be good. Mixes like these just end up sounding dull and dry IMO

So I listened to this set last night. It was cool but not mindblowing. The music was definitely underground type stuff. For me, it was a quirky set that had an edge to it. Did I love it? No, but I enjoyed it and will listen to it again.

As for the use of the efx1000, there is such thing as too much of a good thing. In Zabiela's case, he is sick when it comes to using the 1000 but it can take away from the flow of the set IMO. Less is ofter more. 8)

Guest Miss_Digital

So I listened to this set last night. It was cool but not mindblowing. The music was definitely underground type stuff. For me, it was a quirky set that had an edge to it. Did I love it? No, but I enjoyed it and will listen to it again.

As for the use of the efx1000, there is such thing as too much of a good thing. In Zabiela's case, he is sick when it comes to using the 1000 but it can take away from the flow of the set IMO. Less is ofter more. 8)

yeah i feel the same its hard to capture the precesnce from cd