Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cooljunkie Spin off this 2004?

Guest ravnroly

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lyrik

One thing is for sure...there will be no party at my house for the finalists/honorable mentions this year...fock dat!

But I am still working on the park party thing...hopefully aftre the 4th in July sometime.

sounds good.

Where we that bad? lol

Uhhh- Yeah! PLus the rain didn't help...scared everyone away and made clean up a bitch....I still haven't seen that much food at any of the other BBQs since.

Guest AlanS

One thing is for sure...there will be no party at my house for the finalists/honorable mentions this year...fock dat!

But I am still working on the park party thing...hopefully aftre the 4th in July sometime.

sounds good.

Where we that bad? lol

Uhhh- Yeah! PLus the rain didn't help...scared everyone away and made clean up a bitch....I still haven't seen that much food at any of the other BBQs since.

That party was officially off the hizzle!

Guest nickjunkie

We've never had a strong deep house entry up to now, unless you count yourself as deep house, Jay.

Guest lyrik

Question for Nickor Dan, how many deep house dj's have made it to the finals?

Oscar Fonseca last year...his style is funky deep-tech/deep house.

What would you consider deep house?

Guest vynelmuzik

I do consider part of my style deep and the other 2 parts funky & tribal. I was just wondering

Guest nickjunkie

I would consider Marques Wyatt and Miguel Migs to be deep house. Oscar is a tech house DJ in my opinion - I tend to consider deep house to be more on the vocal / jazzy tip.

Guest bcnjunkie

I would consider Marques Wyatt and Miguel Migs to be deep house. Oscar is a tech house DJ in my opinion - I tend to consider deep house to be more on the vocal / jazzy tip.

not so pronounced bass lines, pronounced loops, instrumentals load of lyrics

Guest vynelmuzik

Nick, I would like to talk to you about this years competion. Maybe Pure Nightlife can help out with this years event.

I consider deep house to be old school chicago house with lyrics, definitely a jazzy feel to them. Slower tempo, not a hard bass drum.

I went to see Miguel Migs about three weeks ago at the Delano and he kicked a$$.

Guest vynelmuzik

Deep house is driven by real basslines, real percussion and real insruments, and usualy incorperates very soulful and or sexy vocals. The bpm is much slower( 114- 128 bpm) and uses natural rythem to move people instead of speed and noise or bells and whistles. Thats my 2 centavos on deep house. :P

Guest bcnjunkie

Deep house is driven by real basslines, real percussion and real insruments, and usualy incorperates very soulful and or sexy vocals. The bpm is much slower( 114- 128 bpm) and uses natural rythem to move people instead of speed and noise or bells and whistles. Thats my 2 centavos on deep house. :P

pretty much ;D

Guest lyrik

undergroundhouse.net

get your deep house fix.

Yes Oscar's normal style is tech house....but since he oepned the nights for many other headliners in the past couple years he had to curve his style to deep-tech and deep house.

Deep house to me would be Demarkis, JT Donaldson, Jay-J, Migs, Ben Watt, Glenn Underground etc. But there are so many variations of deep house lately and house in general that I always ask what someone's perception may be of the genre. A lot of people classify people like DJ Heather, Brett Johnson, Lawchair Generals and Swirlpeople as deep house just because they play a more underground and less mainstream style of house. People have told me that I play deep house too...but to me I play funky jacking house just as I would say about Heather, Johnson, LCG and Swrilpeople. I feel the music we play allows us to be more flexible to dip into the deeper realms and also allows us to be able to come up even more harder than our usual style if the vibe is right.

undergroundhouse.net

get your deep house fix.

Yes Oscar's normal style is tech house....but since he oepned the nights for many other headliners in the past couple years he had to curve his style to deep-tech and deep house.

Deep house to me would be Demarkis, JT Donaldson, Jay-J, Migs, Ben Watt, Glenn Underground etc. But there are so many variations of deep house lately and house in general that I always ask what someone's perception may be of the genre. A lot of people classify people like DJ Heather, Brett Johnson, Lawchair Generals and Swirlpeople as deep house just because they play a more underground and less mainstream style of house. People have told me that I play deep house too...but to me I play funky jacking house just as I would say about Heather, Johnson, LCG and Swrilpeople. I feel the music we play allows us to be more flexible to dip into the deeper realms and also allows us to be able to come up even more harder than our usual style if the vibe is right.

what chance do you think Deep house or even Soulful dj will have to win the contest? I ask because that type of house might be hard to win if the final is at Space.

Guest vynelmuzik

There are so many genres of house music, I do agree, but everyone should be more educated on subcultures within house music. It is fun when you cross styles throughout the night but it would be more fun if people new the difference.

There are so many genres of house music, I do agree, but everyone should be more educated on subcultures within house music. It is fun when you cross styles throughout the night but it would be more fun if people new the difference.

That's not what I was saying. What I ment was it will be hard for a DJ to play that type of house at Space so it might be hard to win. Don't you think?

Your asking everyone to be Pro DJ's then. You will remove the art of mixing and using different genres to create atmosphere and control your crowd. Soon everyone will then be at the club to critique instead of hang out.

Guest lyrik

undergroundhouse.net

get your deep house fix.

what chance do you think Deep house or even Soulful dj will have to win the contest? I ask because that type of house might be hard to win if the final is at Space.

Marcus, I think primarily it will be first judged on technical ability in the first couple of rounds and then it is up to the finalists to curve their style to fit the venue, vibe and crowd just he/she would have to do any night they would play. I am still on the fence about entering, but I will say IMO I have improved 110% since last year and hopefully this time I can give myself enough time to get a demo in....you know my situation and recording...still haven't go it set-up at my house and I hate to burden friends, but I think I am getting what I need to get it straight at my house and this time won't have to record it a day before the deadline.