HOWELLS & WINK @ SPACE THIS SATURDAY

Guest Eddy Guerra

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DJTeKWReK

BUMP!

Look at the "Return of Oscar G" thread. As for WINK.... HELL YEAH BABY! Look out, cause the video camera is coming too! 8)

Guest trancelator

Didn't hear any of Wink but like he did to Lawler, Oscar kicked Howells' ass in the main room. He def knows how to work that room.

However, Howells was great on the terrace. He threw in tracks from 24:7, Nocturnal Frequencies 2 and his Renaissance cd. The terrace is perfect for his sound.

Guest durrtylexx

Didn't hear any of Wink but like he did to Lawler, Oscar kicked Howells' ass in the main room. He def knows how to work that room.

However, Howells was great on the terrace. He threw in tracks from 24:7, Nocturnal Frequencies 2 and his Renaissance cd. The terrace is perfect for his sound.

Danny H's main room set was horrible, so bad that trancelator, Apotheosis and myself hung out in the Patio for about 45 minutes.I felt like I was listening to Carl Cox spin. Howells continued going harder harder with no sustance & bad transitions.Nevertheless, a highlight for me was when he threw down Sunshine by Filterheadz.Now his Patio set was not as good as Sander K's but close.The set was filled with vocals, funky grooves and a few deep tracks.Its what I expected from Howells.I had an fantastic time hanging with trancelator,Apotheosis,CoSMiGoNoN, astenback & his wife.I'll see you guys next week for Hernan :)

Guest shannon_coolj.

I didn't think Danny's set was THAT bad. I mean, I think there was a reason for it...and I'm putting that reason in my review.

It'll be up in a few days. ;)

techno sounds great in the main room. i loved every minute of that. Im glad they finally tried it although after reading your reviews and seeing how the crowd was, its a shame alot of ppl didnt dig it. overall, i had a really good time. It was really fun hanging out with other technoheads and seeing the usual space kids out 8) i hope everyone had a good 4th.

Guest AlanS

Yeah...I think I know "the reason" and that didn't stop in the main room either. I thought his main room set was solid, he let loose and let us have when he could. Not too minimal, too noisey or too dark. Danny is a one of a kind and his terrace set was perfect!

It was nice to see/meet some of you on the terrace...trancelator, Phunky, Apothy, poison_ivy (as we were leaving), and anyone else I'm forgetting :)

Guest trancelator

It was nice to see/meet some of you on the terrace...trancelator, Phunky, Apothy, poison_ivy (as we were leaving), and anyone else I'm forgetting :)

Great meeting you as well, Alan. I'm sure we'll hang more, especially since we both know Mirza.

had a great night, as usual. i think josh wink kicked ass. first time i've seen him, and i thought he was incredible. howells was alright. dude, that guy is a crackhead, for real. :P his main room set was pretty good for me, had me dancing a little. the patio set was better, but that goddamn sun just makes me want to go home after too long. an overall good night.

Guest JMT

so did Wink play "higher state of consciousness" for shits and giggles?

he played the intro, but that was it. a teeeeeaser

just the lyrics

oh man, why tease then not play it? no fun.

Guest Cosmigonon

Ihad a great time, hangin out with Phunky, Apotheosis (nice meetin' you) and Trancelator. I got there around 5 30 and headet straight to the Patio with my sister, who fell in love with it; all she kept saying the next day was "the patio, oh the patio..." ;D

I actually enjoyed more Roly's set, finally git to hear Def Leppard's "Photograph" and it's amazing as well as some pf the usual anthems. The vibe in the patio was amazing, it seemed like a carnival, with all the people dancing together, and everything. I think, since so many of the CJers are taking a vacation from Space, I think I'll kinda do the same (not liek I go every weekend anyway), and head to some other venues I haven't been in a long time, like Crobar, Nerve(on days other than sundays), whenever there's some good events going on 8)

Ihad a great time, hangin out with Phunky, Apotheosis (nice meetin' you) and Trancelator. I got there around 5 30 and headet straight to the Patio with my sister, who fell in love with it; all she kept saying the next day was "the patio, oh the patio..." ;D

I actually enjoyed more Roly's set, finally git to hear Def Leppard's "Photograph" and it's amazing as well as some pf the usual anthems. The vibe in the patio was amazing, it seemed like a carnival, with all the people dancing together, and everything. I think, since so many of the CJers are taking a vacation from Space, I think I'll kinda do the same (not liek I go every weekend anyway), and head to some other venues I haven't been in a long time, like Crobar, Nerve(on days other than sundays), whenever there's some good events going on 8)

does your sister speak english?

Guest Cosmigonon

Didn't you talk to her??? Of course she does!! :(

Didn't you talk to her??? Of course she does!! :(

haha

it was loud, i was drunk, and tone deaf by that point in the night! we talked a little bit, but i wasn't sure if she was just nodding at me ;D